Pick one player to add to the Jackets

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I will state this without any regards to team needs or who the "best players" would be. I'd go for Tarasenko followed closely by Laine. I'm not looking at this thread trying to decide who is "right" or has the "right thought", so I'm not going to defend my post or debate yours.

Good luck.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
OK you finally are with it. Crosby is an excellent pick.

I think the whole point of this in the first place was to identify a player who would make the Jackets a real contender. Obviously Crosby would do that as would Matthews and McDavid. Other than them I don't see anyone else except maybe Ovie. He would fill the missing top 6 LW spot and definitely impact the pp positively.

My mentioning "discussing real stuff" was my fantasy that if we had a much better team we could get off the treadmill of speaking about Bob & Bread constantly.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
OK you finally are with it. Crosby is an excellent pick.

I think the whole point of this in the first place was to identify a player who would make the Jackets a real contender. Obviously Crosby would do that as would Matthews and McDavid. Other than them I don't see anyone else except maybe Ovie. He would fill the missing top 6 LW spot and definitely impact the pp positively.

My mentioning "discussing real stuff" was my fantasy that if we had a much better team we could get off the treadmill of speaking about Bob & Bread constantly.

McDavid is a superlative player. But I think I’d go Kuznetzov or Barkov over Matthews. Maybe Kucherov.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Well, since this thread "stole" my "idea", I'm gonna help it continue, along with make it a bit more realistic and/or relevant.

What player would you add now/this year?

IMO Ryan Dzingel is a perfect deadline pickup. Somewhat affordable, and could be looked at for the future. Ohio State connection for whoever that adds value to. Maybe him. 2nd + Milano? A better prospect?

Some people will throw terms out there like "tweener", but the dude would help the team. Scores goals.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, since this thread "stole" my "idea", I'm gonna help it continue, along with make it a bit more realistic and/or relevant.

What player would you add now/this year?

IMO Ryan Dzingel is a perfect deadline pickup. Somewhat affordable, and could be looked at for the future. Ohio State connection for whoever that adds value to. Maybe him. 2nd + Milano? A better prospect?

Some people will throw terms out there like "tweener", but the dude would help the team. Scores goals.

Are we being realistic with this pickup (your example is realistic, but this thread is implied it could be stars)? If we're being realistic, I'll say Derick Brassard.

If we're not, I stand by my Auston Matthews pick.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Are we being realistic with this pickup (your example is realistic, but this thread is implied it could be stars)? If we're being realistic, I'll say Derick Brassard.

If we're not, I stand by my Auston Matthews pick.

You like rules, eh?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Or context.

Well the thread was dead at post #28. Sorry.

I change my answer to Mario Lemieux

He can be Owner, GM, Coach, Head Scout, and play on our top PP with Milano and turn him into a 50 goal scorer while winning back to back cups.

People might be happy then, but still, 2 cups in 20 years isn't very good either.

Fire Lemieux

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Daniel Sprong for Panarin would be a great trade since not often you have a chance to add in Dutch talent of Verstappen, Huntelaar and Robben caliber.

Jori Lehterä would be a first line talent although there are some questions whether the current day Blue Jackets could utililize his talent fully.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I read an article this morning about the 10 teams that could trade for Nylander. Columbus wasn't on it. Basically, it had all the teams sending defense back to Toronna.

It got me wondering what Columbus would have to add to Nutivaara and Gabriel Carlsson to trade for Nylander. He would not fill Panarin's role today, but he might grow into something close in a couple years. The Blue Jackets would have the cap space to get him signed.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I read an article this morning about the 10 teams that could trade for Nylander. Columbus wasn't on it. Basically, it had all the teams sending defense back to Toronna.

It got me wondering what Columbus would have to add to Nutivaara and Gabriel Carlsson to trade for Nylander. He would not fill Panarin's role today, but he might grow into something close in a couple years. The Blue Jackets would have the cap space to get him signed.
I would trade Werenski , if it meant getting Nylander . Maybe Gardner , Nylander for Werenski , Milano ?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Our defense is on a paper thin margin as it is. I don't think we should be looking to subtract from it at all.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Daniel Sprong for Panarin would be a great trade since not often you have a chance to add in Dutch talent of Verstappen, Huntelaar and Robben caliber.

Jori Lehterä would be a first line talent although there are some questions whether the current day Blue Jackets could utililize his talent fully.

Take it easy, I like sticking up for you. I used to give guys shit for comparing hockey and 1950's baseball, so I must stick to my morals. And comparisons to soccer start and end with the "5(?) passes breaks any defense" stuff.

Jori Lehtera...?

You been visiting his cottage or just Dutch hot-boxing the sauna??

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Mathews, Eichel, and Kane seem like the obvious ones for me. Mathews Imo is better then McDavid and have felt that way from day 1. McDavid will always have the higher numbers because secondary assists but Mathews shot is plenty enough for me to pick him first. Eichel obvioisly a top young C. Kane IMO has been the best player in the league for quite a while. Idk hownhe has been this year because I haven't had access to many games atm but he and Panarin reunited would be awesome. Buuuuuut lets go with a sleeper for my real pick.

Alex Debricant. Kid is a stud. Has the finish and speed for days. Him and Panarin or Cam on the same line would be insane.

Honorable mentions Ovi, McAvoy, Trochek, Tyler Johnson and Larkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad