Pick one player to add to the Jackets

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This was stolen from a question bus asked in the last GDT. I thought it was an interesting question and was curious what people think. Answer can't be Connor McDavid.

Cyclone picked MacKinnon.

Me, I'd go with Auston Matthews although the way MacKinnon is playing he is an awfully close 2nd.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This was stolen from a question bus asked in the last GDT. I thought it was an interesting question and was curious what people think. Answer can't be Connor McDavid.

Cyclone picked MacKinnon.

Me, I'd go with Auston Matthews although the way MacKinnon is playing he is an awfully close 2nd.

Why can't the answer be Connor McDavid?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nikita Kucherov

He produces in the regular season and in the playoffs. Maybe he gives Panarin a reason to stay in Columbus. If not, he replaces him. I'm also a fan of his.
This is almost exactly what I was gonna say.

Pretty much whoever can convince Panarin to stay is who I would add.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No seriously, I just wondered. It helps me understand the purpose of the exercise.

And yes, I was just being a smart ass.

I think the thought was everyone would pick C McD. As to the purpose of the exercise I have no idea although I would guess it is to identify the one player who if he were a Jacket would provide us with an opportunity to discuss real stuff instead of this kind of hypothetical. :dunno:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I usually don't get into stuff like this, but there are two names (one much more than the other) that come to mind that I would love to see wearing the union blue.

I think it would be interesting to see Aleksander Barkov as a Jacket. But the guy I think would light up the place would be Vladimir Tarasenko.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think the thought was everyone would pick C McD. As to the purpose of the exercise I have no idea although I would guess it is to identify the one player who if he were a Jacket would provide us with an opportunity to discuss real stuff instead of this kind of hypothetical. :dunno:

I'll be honest I don't understand your point about "if he were a Jacket would provide us with an opportunity to discuss real stuff instead of this kind of hypothetical".

Like, are we just playing the anything (but McDavid) goes? That's not really "real," but like I said maybe I just don't get it. Some people throwing guys like Stone out there I am just wondering if they're playing the game by the "one player... who might actually be attainable" rules.

?

If it's just any one non-McD player just for fun and fantasy, I'll take Sidney Crosby. I know he's older that we'd like and I know we're predisposed to hate his freakin' guts, but he remains elite at 31 and has a proven track record of leadership and championship-level play.

Reactions: leesmith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad