Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Rob Schremp
Evan McGrath
Kamil Kreps
Corey Locke
Rotislav Olesz
Evegni Malkin

just wondering, why is Umberger on this list? also does anyone know where hes playing this season?

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Sidney Crosby
Alexandre Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin
Rostislav Olesz
RJ Umberger
Kamil Kreps
Corey Locke
Rob Schremp
Evan McGrath

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Fedz said:
For now....and 10 years down the road.

RJ Umberger
Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Rob Schremp
Evan McGrath
Kamil Kreps
Corey Locke
Rotislav Olesz
Evegni Malkin

Crosby
Ovechkin
Schremp
Olesz
Malkin
McGrath
Kreps
Locke
Umberger

I'm pretty set on my top 3 in that order, after that it can go anyway for me

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Evegni Malkin
4. Rotislav Olesz
5. Rob Schremp
6. Evan McGrath
7. Kamil Kreps
8. RJ Umberger
9. Corey Locke

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
1a) Crosby
1b) Ovechkin
3) Locke
4) Schremp
5) Olesz
6) Malkin
7) McGrath
8) Umberger

I see Crosby and Ovechkin fighting for the top spot like Lemieux and Gretzky were in the late 80's. If they are drafted by the same team I definitively (sp?) think that they will be the best duo EVER! (Well, I hope so : :yo: )

As for Locke, maybe I'm too high on him, but with his season last year and the one he's putting up this year (without Foy), I think he was a real steal for the Habs. Once again, I hope so!

Despit his so-called attitude problems I think that Schremp as great set of skills and that I will be one of the good players in the NHL one day!

Olesz, Malkin and McGrath can all be swap because I don't really know a lot about them.

Umberger, what the hell is he doing here?

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
1a) Crosby
1b) Ovechkin
3) Locke
4) Schremp
5) Olesz
6) Malkin
7) McGrath
8) Umberger

I see Crosby and Ovechkin fighting for the top spot like Lemieux and Gretzky were in the late 80's. If they are drafted by the same team I definitively (sp?) think that they will be the best duo EVER! (Well, I hope so : :yo: )

As for Locke, maybe I'm too high on him, but with his season last year and the one he's putting up this year (without Foy), I think he was a real steal for the Habs. Once again, I hope so!

Despit his so-called attitude problems I think that Schremp as great set of skills and that I will be one of the good players in the NHL one day!

Olesz, Malkin and McGrath can all be swap because I don't really know a lot about them.

Umberger, what the hell is he doing here?

LMFAO, how many players do you know in the NHL who are short and slow? That's what Corey Locke is, he doesn't belong in the same sentence as any of these players. I'd rank them like this

1)Ovechkin
2)Crosby
3)Malkin
4)Olesz
5)Schremp
6)Mcgrath
7)Kreps
8)Umperger

9)Locke

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
3) Locke
4) Schremp
5) Olesz
6) Malkin
7) McGrath

:lol: :joker: :p

Yes, 4th rounder Corey Locke is better than 4 of probably the top 10 prospects for the 2004 draft. No respectable hockey person would take him over any of those guys. Well, maybe Kyle Woodlief would take Locke over Schremp.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I have a special feeling regarding Locke career. I'm probably wrong but I think he'll have a great career. Last year he had a tremendous year and it looks like he's repeating this year. So it is why I ranked him 3rd. Plus I cleary said that I was probably to high on him since I had a feeling that he would be great. It is kind of a gamble...

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Epsilon said:
:lol: :joker: :p

Yes, 4th rounder Corey Locke is better than 4 of probably the top 10 prospects for the 2004 draft. No respectable hockey person would take him over any of those guys. Well, maybe Kyle Woodlief would take Locke over Schremp.
Locke would be at the bottom of my list aswell, but I wouldn't knock him too much......don't forget about Richards he had an awesome year in junior his draft year('98), but went in the 3rd round because he wasn't considered a "typical" NHLer. He is now considered by most to be better than anyone in the top ten of the '99 draft. Unlikely for Locke(He's a lot smaller than Richards), but something to think about.
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Evegni Malkin
4. Rotislav Olesz
5. Rob Schremp
6. Evan McGrath
7. Kamil Kreps
8. RJ Umberger
9. Corey Locke

I like your list, my only change would be to flip Kreps and McGrath.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Epsilon said:
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Evegni Malkin
4. Rotislav Olesz
5. Rob Schremp
6. Evan McGrath
7. Kamil Kreps
8. RJ Umberger
9. Corey Locke

Best list right there...I agree with every ranking. The gap between Crosby n Malkin isnt goin to be as wide as people think.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
forbesy said:
Locke isn't even near to being the top prospect on his team (according to the HF profiles).....

I'd say Locke faces the same problems as Leafs prospect Kyle Wellwood. Both are very talented and skilled but have questions about their skating (judging from reports it appears Locke has some more problems with skating, but is probably a little more talented) and especially their size, and as a result were drafted later despite winning the scoring race in the OHL. So far it appears that wellwood is adapting nicely to the pro-game in St John's, being one of the best forwards and putting up a team leading 9 points in 12 games, while playing on a team which is relatively weak on offense. The same might happen with Locke, but these are questions he will have to answer in the next few years. Considering his situation now however, he does not belong between the rest of the list.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'm suprised some have Kamil Kreps reasonably high. He'd be last on my list and IMO is a notch below any of the others here as a prospect.

He's a good stickhanlder, but he's way to inconsistent and overall not a strong enough player yet. He's gotten off to an absolutely rotten start to the OHL season with 4 goals and 2 assists in 16 games.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If I could only have one, Ovechkin.

To make a list is difficult, but I'd say Epsilon's is the best.:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad