Pick a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Which system should be implemented. You may only pick one.
Also, rank them in order of preference.

Hard Cap
Soft Cap
Luxury Tax
Limited free-market (previous system)
Total free-market

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Just so there is no confusion, my picks are:

1. Luxury Tax
2. Soft Cap
3. Limited Free Market
4. Total Free Market
5. Hard Cap

mytor4*

hard cap
soft cap[ with stiff penaltys]
shut the league down till we get it

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
mytor4 said:
hard cap
soft cap[ with stiff penaltys]
shut the league down till we get it

Actually, I like this even better. And I don't think the league would stay down for that long either, although it will be too much for most people.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Please explain this to me, because I just don't get it:

Why is it better for YOU for there to be no NHL hockey so that the owner(s) of your favorite team MIGHT have more money in their pockets?

And please spare me the competitive balance stuff, this lockout is not now, nor has it been about anything more than increasing franchise values and profit making for the owners.

So why is no NHL hockey better than ANYTHING?

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Ogie Oglethorpe said:
Please explain this to me, because I just don't get it:

Why is it better for YOU for there to be no NHL hockey so that the owner(s) of your favorite team MIGHT have more money in their pockets?

And please spare me the competitive balance stuff, this lockout is not now, nor has it been about anything more than increasing franchise values and profit making for the owners.

So why is no NHL hockey better than ANYTHING?
because the fans in CRL, ANA, CGY, MIN, BUF, WSH and TBY start each season knowing they have no chance to advance in the playoffs.

why would any of those fans want to see a season played when they know for certain they will never make it the final 4 teams.

:lol:

dr

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
DR said:
because the fans in CRL, ANA, CGY, MIN, BUF, WSH and TBY start each season knowing they have no chance to advance in the playoffs.

why would any of those fans want to see a season played when they know for certain they will never make it the final 4 teams.

dr

Actually I think they don't want to have to go through the horror of making it there and then watching their team s*** the bed the very next season or seasons after that.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
kerrly said:
Actually I think they don't want to have to go through the horror of making it there and then watching their team s*** the bed the very next season or seasons after that.
oh the horror.

dr

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
DR said:

dr

Let's see - Carolina, Anaheim, Calgary, Buffalo and Tampa Bay have all made it to the finals in the last 5 years. Minnesota and Washington have both advanced far into the playoffs during that same time period.

I think that is plenty of reason for them to want to see a season.

As for Minnesota, you know very little of the fans in Minnesota. They would come and cheer for their team even if they lost all 82 games. Don't underestimate the fans in Minnesota.

Brent Burns Beard