Prospect Info: Pick #78 - Shayne Gostisbehere, Defenseman, Union College (NCAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also, the argument of citing the Flyers preseason projected ranking is about as stupid as could be...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So, to be clear, this means you can't admit it? I notice you dodged the question. :laugh:

And there's no mental gymnastics required. Just a simple concept that had to be explained since you're too biased and dishonest to admit the obvious.

The Flyers had a certain amount of talent, that talent was underused, which means the team could have been better than it was. And who decided to underuse that talent? The coach. Super simple.

The fact that you won't admit it is a giant flare shot into the sky, signalling that you're so far away from the middle you claim to be in. But we already knew that, since you said Hakstol was an above average coach. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have I ever labeled Hakstol a great coach?

No.

Do you think the roster he had at his disposal was better than 12th out of 31 teams?

You refuse to answer, again, & we all know why (really, do you think you’re fooling anyone? It’s honestly embarrassing.)

My opinion is that Hak might have cost them a couple games, but, overall, finishing 12th means he had some positives, too. But I’m the extremist. Ha.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Have I ever labeled Hakstol a great coach?

No.

Do you think the roster he had at his disposal was better than 12th out of 31 teams?

You refuse to answer, again, & we all know why (really, do you think you’re fooling anyone? It’s honestly embarrassing.)

My opinion is that Hak might have cost them a couple games, but, overall, finishing 12th means he had some positives, too. But I’m the extremist. Ha.
:laugh: Look at you trying to squirm out of your Hakstol praise. "but but but I never said he was a GREAT coach!!!". You said he was "above average".... that's hilarious enough. But you'll continue being dishonest and claim you're in the middle.

Also love you trying to complain about dodging questions, while dodging questions. What a hypocrite. What's especially funny is your question about the Flyers talent ranking is irrelevant, as I proved here:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/149101835/

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Dear God, the mental gymnastics you’re going through.

If you are contending the Flyers underachieved because of Hakstol, it’s 100% relevant to ask where the overall talent he had at his disposal ranks in the league.

You’re trying to obfuscate a simple question, as is your wont when you know the answer doesn’t jive with your extreme position.

Preseason Cup odds don’t factor in lineup decisions. Just the overall rosters. The Flyers were ranked in the bottom 10 teams in the league. Is it a perfect evaluation method? Of course not. But it’s the most objective rough estimate you’re going to get.

They finished 12th in the NHL. You think, regardless of lineup decisions, the players on the Flyers’ NHL roster were better than 12th in the league? With the goaltending situation, to boot? I sure don’t.
I have never seen him say they under achieved. Actually think they did better than he thought in spite of hak. This is the point that you and dead are just aimlessly not grasping. It’s not black and white. He has over and over again that he think Hak made it harder to win. And based off deployments it’s hard to argue that’s not the case. Inspite of this. The stars and yes they are stars of the team carried them on their backs.

Something as simple as breaking up the hottest line and d pair in hockey. Is evidence of this.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have never seen him say they under achieved. Actually think they did better than he thought in spite of hak. This is the point that you and dead are just aimlessly not grasping. It’s not black and white. He has over and over again that he think Hak made it harder to win. And based off deployments it’s hard to argue that’s not the case. Inspite of this. The stars and yes they are stars of the team carried them on their backs.

Something as simple as breaking up the hottest line and d pair in hockey. Is evidence of this.

Yep.

The team overachieved compared their pre-season expectations, but underachieved compared to their ultimate ceiling this year.

The overachieving was due to the star players performing better than people expected, the underachievement was due to the coach limiting the use of some of our best players and overusing the worst ones.

Not complicated, right?

A perfect simple example is the Hakshell. If he doesn't do that, they easily have a few more points. Right there is potential that was wasted that kept them from their ceiling. They could have had more points, but his mistakes as coach prevented it.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Yep.

The team overachieved compared their pre-season expectations, but underachieved compared to their ultimate ceiling this year.

The overachieving was due to the star players performing better than people expected, the underachievement was due to the coach limiting the use of some of our best players and overusing the worst ones.

Not complicated, right?

A perfect simple example is the Hakshell. If he doesn't do that, they easily have a few more points. Right there is potential that was wasted that kept them from their ceiling. They could have had more points, but his mistakes as coach prevented it.
Nashville

Reactions: Striiker

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yep.

Not complicated, right?

Teams that sit back in the 3rd deserve what they get. Hitchcock used to do that all the time. He played for the 1-0 or 2-1 win every night. Better coaches than Hak do it all the time. Sure its not wise to play fire wagon hockey for 60 minutes when leading but Jesus Christ dont go into the 1-4.
Some coaches seem to get a free pass more than others on things like special teams for example. Torts gets one for example and both the PK and PP sucking balls all season in CBJ

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Teams that sit back in the 3rd deserve what they get. Hitchcock used to do that all the time. He played for the 1-0 or 2-1 win every night. Better coaches than Hak do it all the time. Sure its not wise to play fire wagon hockey for 60 minutes when leading but Jesus Christ dont go into the 1-4.
Some coaches seem to get a free pass more than others on things like special teams for example. Torts gets one for example and both the PK and PP sucking balls all season in CBJ

Something I noticed the other day playing around with some numbers -- the 2017-18 Flyers sat back with a lead a LOT more on the Road than at Home. This was a sizable shift from the previous season, but in line with 2015-16.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Something I noticed the other day playing around with some numbers -- the 2017-18 Flyers sat back with a lead a LOT more on the Road than at Home. This was a sizable shift from the previous season, but in line with 2015-16.

Probably not shocking. I wonder what the trend is league wide with that. Teams on the road play for the point in a close hockey game on the road.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Probably not shocking. I wonder what the trend is league wide with that. Teams on the road play for the point in a close hockey game on the road.

They had the largest swing in position last year if you order teams by Shot Generation/60 while Ahead in Away vs Home. Away they basically turned into the Sabres.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, it's a terrible strategy that will bite you in the ass.

Literally benching the players who got you the lead, so you can gamble on the worst players on the team being able to preserve it...

There's no defending that.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
:laugh: Look at you trying to squirm out of your Hakstol praise. "but but but I never said he was a GREAT coach!!!". You said he was "above average".... that's hilarious enough. But you'll continue being dishonest and claim you're in the middle.

Also love you trying to complain about dodging questions, while dodging questions. What a hypocrite. What's especially funny is your question about the Flyers talent ranking is irrelevant, as I proved here:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/149101835/

You're going to accuse someone else of "squirming out" ?

When you accuse someone of misrepresenting your opinions, and then won't even say what you are alleging they are misrepresenting?

When you say Hakstol held the Flyers back, but won't even state where you rank their roster talent-wise in the league?

Is this Saturday Night Live?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You're going to accuse someone else of "squirming out" ?

When you accuse someone of misrepresenting your opinions, and then won't even say what you are alleging they are misrepresenting?

When you say Hakstol held the Flyers back, but won't even state where you rank their roster talent-wise in the league?

Is this Saturday Night Live?
Still dodging, I see.

2gqzd1.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad