Pick 6 defenders for Team USA 2022

Pick 6

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Werenski-Jones
Slavin-Carlson
Suter-McAvoy

is probably what i would go with. Not in any particular "order", but with those sort of pairings. With the potential that i'd go Fowler or Hughes in place of Suter, by the year 2022.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Slavin - Carlson
Werenski - Jones
Hughes - McAvoy

Really could order the pairs any way you like. They all great. I wanted to include Pesce, but he'd be my 7th.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The right side is easy. Jones, McAvoy and Fox. Left side I have Slavin and Werenski for sure.

It probably comes down to McDonagh/Suter for that last spot. I’ve maintained that Suter is too old to play in 2022. I think McDonagh had an uncharacteristic down year, and will bounce back. If he doesn’t, maybe Suter makes it to 2022.

You didn’t include the option for 7 defensemen. I think that’ll be very important. I want a PP guy in that spot. Barely plays at evens, but will be the PP1 QB. Either Hughes or Carlson for that spot. Let’s see how Hughes improves his defensive game between now and then. If he does, I’ll take him over Carlson. We might need that player to take a regular shift, if someone gets injured. I don’t think Carlson is that great outside of the PP either, but for now he’s better.
Sotty mate John Carlson is a better hockey player than Adam Fox.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
you say it’s not pond hockey so you don’t take a guy that will have a norris and cop in the past 3 years? I’m not saying he gonna be the captain of the defense or if I take him but to be a pond hockey player is a bit extreme. Would think u need at least one suter, mcd and Carlson on the roster

You look at how they actually play, those three are not remotely alike. I think USA isn't going to have a problem coming up with great two way play from their D-men, no need for one-way players.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The right side is easy. Jones, McAvoy and Fox. Left side I have Slavin and Werenski for sure.

It probably comes down to McDonagh/Suter for that last spot. I’ve maintained that Suter is too old to play in 2022. I think McDonagh had an uncharacteristic down year, and will bounce back. If he doesn’t, maybe Suter makes it to 2022.

You didn’t include the option for 7 defensemen. I think that’ll be very important. I want a PP guy in that spot. Barely plays at evens, but will be the PP1 QB. Either Hughes or Carlson for that spot. Let’s see how Hughes improves his defensive game between now and then. If he does, I’ll take him over Carlson. We might need that player to take a regular shift, if someone gets injured. I don’t think Carlson is that great outside of the PP either, but for now he’s better.

I agree with the players spoken about here and without giving any thought to what side a guy might play I would add Carlo as my 6th guy just for the fact that he can play his rle relly well and wouldnt be in a funk about it.

Great defender and decent puck mover even if he brings zero offense.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
You look at how they actually play, those three are not remotely alike. I think USA isn't going to have a problem coming up with great two way play from their D-men, no need for one-way players.

i never say anywhere that they play similar. It’s the experience and leadership each one will carry. That’s why I want one of the three. Not because they play similar....

Werenski, Jones, Slavin, Hughes, McAvoy, fox have what 50 or so playoff games combined? None with any Olympic experience. Would be Suters 3rd Olympics and 2nd for Carlson and Mcd. The three also have like 250 playoff games and with cup winner and a cup finalist.

I guess you don’t think any of that matters and I think it does. We can think differently though.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Interesting how Things change
Asked me this at the beginning of the year and Trouba would have personally been on a team I constructed for team USA
After this year, not even close.
Being the the third best American RHD on your own team will do that to a guy.

Reactions: Ignite111

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
i never say anywhere that they play similar. It’s the experience and leadership each one will carry. That’s why I want one of the three. Not because they play similar....

Werenski, Jones, Slavin, Hughes, McAvoy, fox have what 50 or so playoff games combined? None with any Olympic experience. Would be Suters 3rd Olympics and 2nd for Carlson and Mcd. The three also have like 250 playoff games and with cup winner and a cup finalist.

I guess you don’t think any of that matters and I think it does. We can think differently though.

well, McAvoy has 41 playoff games, averaging 26:12, 24:00 and 24:30 respectively in his 3 appearances. The last of which saw him as the #1 defender on a team that went to game 7 of the Cup Finals.

and recently has:

2017 WJC Gold, putting up 6 points in 7 games and being named to the tournament all star team
2018 WC Bronze, putting up 9 points in 6 games. Highest scoring D in the tournament

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
well, McAvoy has 41 playoff games, averaging 26:12, 24:00 and 24:30 respectively in his 3 appearances. The last of which saw him as the #1 defender on a team that went to game 7 of the Cup Finals.

and recently has:

2017 WJC Gold, putting up 6 points in 7 games and being named to the tournament all-star team
2018 WC Bronze, putting up 9 points in 6 games. Highest scoring D in the tournament

Come on man. Did I single out McAvoy???? Nope. What about all these other guys????? Did they all play 25 minutes and make cup finals? I wait for your answer. I honestly didn't think I would need to do this but here are the other player's playoff numbers below.

Slavin - 15 playoff games
Fox- 0 playoff games
Hughes- 0 playoff games
Werinski- 19 playoff games
Jones - 27 playoff games

So since they have McAvoy that means they don't need a veteran defender?

It's also comical you are sending me WJC numbers. So playing against 17-year-olds is the same as the best players in the world in the Olympics ??? I'll wait again for your answer. Oh, yea I remember the 2018 world Juniors. Didn't my islanders Kieffer Bellows break the record for most goals in a tournament?? So he should be on 2022 USA team right?? You know since he dominated the 2018 tournament...Heck, Canada should have Hughes out there too. I'm pretty sure he is the all-time leader in points in the history of the WJC.

And for the record, I'm from Long Island and my family knows the McAvoy family very well. I don't need you to respond to my posting trying to prove how good McAvoy is since he is a bruin. I know already. I've known how good he was since he was playing on the gulls 10 years ago... before you had any idea who he was.

I get it you are a big bad bruins fan but try looking at the message in my post (Would benefit team USA to have a veteran defender) before you send me your player's entire stat sheets...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad