wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Slavin-McAvoy
Werenski-Jones
Hughes-Marino

Marino is a bit of homer protest vote, but only a bit. He was super impressive this season for the Pens as a guy who could be very responsible defensively against strong opposition while still driving transition, and I feel like that's the sort of guy Hughes needs next to him; I'm not seeing a guy who'd be outright better for it than him, although there's plenty of more experienced guys who could do it.

Oh Marino is a good call.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Jones Slavin Hughes Carlson Werenski Trouba
Debated putting McAvoy in there instead

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Werenski-Jones
Slavin - McAvoy
Hughes - Fox
Suter/McDonagh

I actually would not pick John Carlson. It's Team USA not pond hockey, and they're going to have no trouble getting offense from this group.

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
I think Carlo is being undervalued here, not every guy needs to be PP QB. Need a couple guys to eat hard minutes and kill penalties.

Reactions: wintersej

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Agreed on the right side. I think Slavin and Hughes are pretty obvious picks on left side. I was thinking maybe Suter for veteran presence?

Slavin - Fox
Hughes - Jones
Suter - McAvoy

I made it 6 instead of 7 to force people to think in pairings, but I would think Carlson is the perfect fit for #7.
Inject it into my veins.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Carlo is being undervalued here, not every guy needs to be PP QB. Need a couple guys to eat hard minutes and kill penalties.

I take your point but the U.S. isn't going to be short on tough D that can play a shutdown game. Slavin, Jones, and McAvoy obviously, even Werenski looks good on the PK these days, and give it a couple years I don't see why Fox wouldn't look good there either. Suter and McDonagh not dead yet. Also if we're going for a pure shutdown RHD it would be Pesce > Carlo.

Reactions: ThomasG

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Voted for Suter twice because I could. Actual pairings:

Slavin - Jones
Hughes - McAvoy
Suter - Carlson

HM: Werenski - Carlo

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Great group of D men

Carlson Slavin
Jones Suter
McAvoy Werenski

HM I love Hughes, but give him another year under his belt.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Werenski-Jones
Slavin - McAvoy
Hughes - Fox
Suter/McDonagh

I actually would not pick John Carlson. It's Team USA not pond hockey, and they're going to have no trouble getting offense from this group.

you say it’s not pond hockey so you don’t take a guy that will have a norris and cop in the past 3 years? I’m not saying he gonna be the captain of the defense or if I take him but to be a pond hockey player is a bit extreme. Would think u need at least one suter, mcd and Carlson on the roster

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Great group of D men

Carlson Slavin
Jones Suter
McAvoy Werenski

HM I love Hughes, but give him another year under his belt.
Don't forget, this roster is for 2022, so we have to extrapolate into the future a bit...

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
very tough one here but as it sits now this is what I got. We have the offense and won’t really be needing many goals from our d men. I would like as strong of a d core as possible. mcdonagh will only be 33 and if healthy and playing well he’s gotta be on the roster with the C on his jersey. If McDonagh has health issues or falls off things would be interesting. Would want fox in there to replace. At that point with fox in the lineup I would need to bump Carlson to the left side or move him the 7th man and bring Hughes to replace on that left d. Don’t need both Carlson and Hughes out there.

werinski -Jones
Slavin-McAvoy
mcdonagh- Carlson

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad