Pick 5 of these top young players

Pick 5

• Total voters

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Of course other would include Draisaitl as a possibility but this would be like asking who the best player in the league was and listing a bunch of guys but having someone like McDavid left off with the option of lumping him with "Other". Your choice might be covered, but it is not clear that this would fit with the spirit of the poll.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I rank 'em something like this:

Pettersson - J. Hughes - Makar

Point - Aho - Marner

Chabot - Barzal - Rantanen

M. Tkachuk - Heiskanen

Connor - Meier - McAvoy - Kakko

B. Tkachuk - DeBrincat

Laine

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
The reason some are not on the list is to squeeze more finish players in. Over 25 percent of the listed players are from Finland combined with a bunch of less talented. Couldn't even get Pettersson right. Add drats, dahlin etc and it won't look so nice for the fins anymore.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
The reason some are not on the list is to squeeze more finish players in. Over 25 percent of the listed players are from Finland combined with a bunch of less talented. Couldn't even get Pettersson right. Add drats, dahlin etc and it won't look so nice for the fins anymore.

Excluding McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov and Dahlin, who is the next group of top young young players?

Wait, so OP wanted to have more finns than swedes on the list, so he excluded Dahlin? But he also excluded Barkov, that doesnt make much sense now does it...?

I didn't include Dahlin because he's a shoe in.

Oh, I think what OP really meant to say here, is that he didnt include Dahlin because he's swedish. :help::shakehead

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Wait, so OP wanted to have more finns than swedes on the list, so he excluded Dahlin? But he also excluded Barkov, that doesnt make much sense now does it...? Barkov is what 24?

Oh, I think what OP really meant to say here, is that he didnt include Dahlin because he's swedish. :help::shakehead

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Wait, so OP wanted to have more finns than swedes on the list, so he excluded Dahlin? But he also excluded Barkov, that doesnt make much sense now does it...?

tenor.gif

People will get offended over anything.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Of course other would include Draisaitl as a possibility but this would be like asking who the best player in the league was and listing a bunch of guys but having someone like McDavid left off with the option of lumping him with "Other". Your choice might be covered, but it is not clear that this would fit with the spirit of the poll.

Except I am not asking that, I am literally just asking who everyone would pick from a group of players that I have on my mind.

Jesus Christ people, I am not belittling your guy.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Except I am not asking that, I am literally just asking who everyone would pick from a group of players that I have on my mind.

Jesus Christ people, I am not belittling your guy.
That's fine. I am not upset with you. You can ask any question you wish. But this was not clear at all in your original post, especially given the other option. You specifically asked:

Excluding McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov and Dahlin, who is the next group of top young young players?

But you have made your point so I will happily move on.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
That's fine. I am not upset with you. You can ask any question you wish. But this was not clear at all in your original post, especially given the other option. You specifically asked:

But you have made your point so I will happily move on.

We're all good, that Finnish guy triggered me :) Have a good one!

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

I agree. In fact i even have proof. OP pmed me before making this thread and told me he'd list a bunch of Finns in purpose and ignore a bunch of Sweds in purpose just because

We should report his bias for all to see.

Destino

Sep 7, 2019
Aho
Marner
Pettersson
Heiskanen
Makar

A lot of great choices here, but ultimately went with the above five.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad