Pick 5 of these top young players

Pick 5

• Total voters

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Your choice of any of these 5 players, who do you choose? Forget contracts.

Excluding McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, Barkov and Dahlin, who is the next group of top young young players?

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
How does Draisaitl not make this list?

It's not scientific, it's more so me thinking of top players who have either just signed a contract or who are due in the next year or two. I didn't include Dahlin because he's a shoe in. Drai is obviously on par or better than most of this list.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's not scientific, it's more so me thinking of top players who have either just signed a contract or who are due in the next year or two. I didn't include Dahlin because he's a shoe in. Drai is obviously on par or better than most of this list.
That's fine. It was not clear from the original post which seemed to be trying to identify the next tier of young players.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Gimmie Point, Petterson, Chabot and those 2 Tkachuk jerks and I'm pretty sure I walk away winning more games than everyone else.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I was hoping y'all would massage my delicate sensibilities and pick Barzal and it really backfired :(

Less than McAvoy and Makar?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Dominance

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Gimmie Point, Petterson, Chabot and those 2 Tkachuk jerks and I'm pretty sure I walk away winning more games than everyone else.

Switch Aho for Brady and I took Heiskanen (I think he is better defensively) instead of Chabot but that's splitting hairs.

So I'd have a team built down the middle with Petersson, Point, Aho.

Heiskanen can log heavy all around MPG and Mathew Tkzchuk does all those little things a playoff team wants and bring elite offensive production 5 on 5 as well.

There are probably well over 50 combinations that can work with the players listed IMO.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I was hoping y'all would massage my delicate sensibilities and pick Barzal and it really backfired :(

Less than McAvoy and Makar?

tenor.gif
It’s crazy how fickle people are and how fast they forget. He was truly dominant as a rookie, and then played very well assuming the 1C position and all its responsibilities for the first time as a pro, on a defense-focused team that vastly exceeded expectations.

He’s top-5 in the league in terms of skating ability and easily deserves far more recognition here. He’s at least on par with Marner, Aho, and Point.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It’s crazy how fickle people are and how fast they forget. He was truly dominant as a rookie, and then played very well assuming the 1C position and all its responsibilities for the first time as a pro, on a defense-focused team that vastly exceeded expectations.

He’s top-5 in the league in terms of skating ability and easily deserves far more recognition here. He’s at least on par with Marner, Aho, and Point.

What you say is true but when it comes down to these players the only real difference is personal preference sometimes.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
What you say is true but when it comes down to these players the only real difference is personal preference sometimes.
Oh, for sure. It’s him having less votes than McAvoy, Matthew Tkachuk, unproven Makar, Hughes, and Kakko, and so many fewer than Marner, Point, and Aho that seems incredible to me.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Oh, for sure. It’s him having less votes than McAvoy, Matthew Tkachuk, unproven Makar, Hughes, and Kakko, and so many fewer than Marner, Point, and Aho that seems incredible to me.

Playing for the NYI doesn't help very much as right now they are probably 3rd in relevance for the 3 New York area teams on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->