Pick 3 Prospects from a rival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
yea because the #1 ranked NCAA goalie isnt a good prospect..nor Danny Blackburn....but you consider LABARBERA who is just terrible in the NHL as not 2 shabby :shakehead

Your putting words in his mouth. He never said that, hes saying why would he take a goalie when they have Fluery, Chiodo, etc? They could take someone they could use.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Re-read my post champ. I know that whole reading thing is taxing - but it's fundamental to communication on a message board.

I basically just said they were all great prospects, but that it was my opinion that Lundqvist will be the best of the three - I never claimed that Blackburn and Montoya were bad prospects, they are actually both quite good - though Blackburn really needs to get back on track soon with some quality minutes. To be honest, with Labarbera I was throwing you a bone to be a swell guy. You're right - his upside is probably an AHL tender - but a good one.

Only somebody itching to start some sort of flame war could turn a post complimenting their organizations prospects into an insult. At least I wasn't like:

"OMG Fleury is such a sure-fire bonafied super-prospect that we will never need to even consider drafting or signing another goaltender again!!!"

Take it easy slugger.

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
yea because the #1 ranked NCAA goalie isnt a good prospect..nor Danny Blackburn....but you consider LABARBERA who is just terrible in the NHL as not 2 shabby :shakehead

Calm down, man!

He never said anything like that...
Penguins have some good goaltenders. I didn't choose a goalie from the Rangers' rivals as well - but that does not mean, they don't have any good ones.

@ BlindWillyMcHurt: I'd rather put Chris Holt instead of Jason Labarbera - he doesn't seem to click on NHL-level (didn't have a ton of chances, though).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually don't know too much about Holt, except for his little write-up on the Rangers HF page. He sounds intriguing though. Big hybrid tender, playing for University of Nebraska. Not exactly a hockey hotbed, but the competition will be good.

The reason I mentioned Labarbera is that I have listened and seen him play several times this year and last and he was pretty solid in all his outings. I agree with him not being an NHL-caliber goaltender, though having a very solid AHL-affiliate starter is not a bad thing.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYRangers said:
Your putting words in his mouth. He never said that, hes saying why would he take a goalie when they have Fluery, Chiodo, etc? They could take someone they could use.

I wasnt on the same page as him, that was all. I thought the point of the thread was to just pick 3 prospects from a rival team..not 3 prospects from that team that you want on yours.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
BlindWillyMcHurt said:
Re-read my post champ. I know that whole reading thing is taxing - but it's fundamental to communication on a message board.

I basically just said they were all great prospects, but that it was my opinion that Lundqvist will be the best of the three - I never claimed that Blackburn and Montoya were bad prospects, they are actually both quite good - though Blackburn really needs to get back on track soon with some quality minutes. To be honest, with Labarbera I was throwing you a bone to be a swell guy. You're right - his upside is probably an AHL tender - but a good one.

Only somebody itching to start some sort of flame war could turn a post complimenting their organizations prospects into an insult. At least I wasn't like:

"OMG Fleury is such a sure-fire bonafied super-prospect that we will never need to even consider drafting or signing another goaltender again!!!"

Take it easy slugger.

Read above post. I didnt understand the purpose of the thread..thats why i was questioning why you didnt think we had any goalie prospects...my fault. :o

X0ssbar

My Team: Columbus
Rival: Nashville

Columbus could use some quality defensive prospects and we are thin at RW so some of Nashville's top prospects match up great with our needs:

So red rover, red rover - send:

Suter
Weber
Radulov

on over.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Vancouver

Rivals

Minnesota

Harding (hope he is going to be alright)
Thelen
O'Sullivan

Calgary

Ramholt
Chuko
Phaneuf

St. Louis

Schwarz
Soderberg
Shkotov

Edmonton

JDD
Lynch
Pouliot

Maybe we are Rivals with Washington too :)
Ovechkin
Semin
Eminger

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
McDonald19 said:
Team: Ducks
Rival: Kings

Brown-Tukonen-Grebeshkov

Couldn't agree more so I'll do our other rivals, the Sharks:

LW Michalek, RW Kaspar, D Ehrhoff.

The Stars are quite a rivalry too so I'll do them as well:

D Fransonn, D Belle, LW Jussi Jokinen.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
My team Ässät and the rival is Lukko:
(OK, not exactly NHL teams, but who cares...)

Ville-Vesa Vainiola, 1985 undrafted (?) F
Janne Niskala, Nashville D
Mikael Vuorio, Florida G

Crossroads*

Balk said:
Team: Habs

Leafs: None...wouldn't want to tarnish the system with a losing mentality.

Bruins: Toivonen (G)
Stuart (D)
Jurcina (D)

Taking any of Toronto's good prospects would tarnish the system with losing? :lol :lol :lol: What's the Baby Leafs record again? and what's Hamiltons?

Hmmmm.... another classless Habs fan.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Caps...

Rival...Small Flightless Birds...

Two Options
1-F 1-D 1-G
F-Malkin
D-Whitney
G-Fleury

2-F 1-D 0-G
F-Malkin
F-Stone
D-Whitney

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Stl Blues

Rival 1 - Detriot

Mcgrath-Kronwall-Howard

Rival 2 - Canucks

Kesler - kolstov - Schnieder

Rival 3 - Chicago

Barker - Radulov - (no goalie) - Babcuck
Ruutu and Leighton if avb.

Rival 4 San Jose

Erhoff - (no defensemen) - Michelak - ( no goalie) - Kaspar
Cheechoo, bernier as second choices

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
CloudNine said:
Taking any of Toronto's good prospects would tarnish the system with losing? :lol :lol :lol: What's the Baby Leafs record again? and what's Hamiltons?

Hmmmm.... another classless Habs fan.

The record of the farm team is hardly a basis for judging the quality of a team's prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad