Pick 10 first rounders from this year's draft who won't take a regular shift

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
People get Chris Stewart off of your lists this guy is going to be a star....well dont know about star but he will be a solid 2nd liner and if he works hard he could very well be a 1st liner.

And even if he doesn't live up to full potential he probably could still play 3rd or 4th line(just covering all bases)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Anyone who is picking Chris Summers has never seen him play. It's painfully obvious. He's one of the safer guys from the draft to be a solid NHLer.

But most people picking him are from Canada and I can guarantee have never seen him play a game.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Its pretty painfull to have to backup my own prospects espicially since it just seems like I am a homer. Regarding Bernier I can't say if he will or not but find one person who has not been impressed with him at prospect camp.

Now to Lewis all I can say is there were rumours that he was going to make the Kings this year so highly doubt he will not make it in the future

Potted Plant

May 30, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
Visit site
Personally...I think the likes of Foligno and Mitera...have worst case scenario's as a 3rd/4th line winger or a 5/6 dman.

they'll play in the NHL for sure...but if they don't turn into top line or top pairing players...they'll still be able to have a good career in the NHL.

I am always leery of these, "They'll play in the NHL for sure" type players. Whenever I hear that a player has limited upside, but is a safe bet to find a career on the third or fourth line, I always think of Barrett Heisten and Scott Kelman. It was said about both of them in 1999, and they've played a combined 10 games in the NHL.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
People get Chris Stewart off of your lists this guy is going to be a star....well dont know about star but he will be a solid 2nd liner and if he works hard he could very well be a 1st liner.

Homer :D. I can't see Chris busting myself. Im not sure on his upsides yet though.

I'll be a non homer for a change and agree Frolik may never be a regular. Massive upsides, but i can't argue people having him on their lists. Other people should realise their prospects might not make it. I mean, every damn poster is positive their prospect will make it.
Bernier has to be on this lists mainly because he is a netminder. Very unpredictable. Im personally wary of offensive Dmen who supposedly can't play D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->