Trade: [PHX/WSH] Trevor Ariza for Kelly Oubre and Austin Rivers

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if his Dad will bring him back to the Clippers ????

from apnews.com:

The Phoenix Suns have waived guard Austin Rivers, a day after he was obtained in a trade with the Washington Wizards.

In a deal finalized over the weekend and announced Monday, the Suns acquired Rivers and Kelly Oubre from the Wizards in exchange for Trevor Ariza.

If he clears waivers, Rivers becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Rivers appeared in 29 games for Washington, averaging 7.2 points per game while shooting 39 percent from the field. He averaged 15.1 points per game last season for the Los Angeles Clippers.

Rivers, the 10th overall pick in the draft by New Orleans in 2012, is the son of Clippers coach Doc Rivers.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I think any chance of that happening went away when they stripped Doc of GM duties.

While this is true I also saw this on CBS Sports:

One day after the 2013-14 season ended the Clippers promoted Rivers to president of basketball operations in conjunction with his head coaching duties. Dave Wohl was as hired as general manager but Rivers has the final say in basketball matters.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
While this is true I also saw this on CBS Sports:

One day after the 2013-14 season ended the Clippers promoted Rivers to president of basketball operations in conjunction with his head coaching duties. Dave Wohl was as hired as general manager but Rivers has the final say in basketball matters.

That 4 years ago....

Clippers relieve Doc Rivers of his GM duties and promote Lawrence Frank

Clippers owner Steve Ballmer, after multiple discussions with coach Doc Rivers, has determined that Rivers will relinquish his role as the team's president of basketball operations.

When the Clippers made the announcement Friday, Ballmer noted in a news release that Lawrence Frank, the team's executive vice president of basketball operations, will "assume responsibility for basketball operations."

They took away that responsibility of him a year ago because A) He wasn't very good and B) His drafting was God awful. Hence why they went from Lob City to the pre 2012 Clippers in a span of 365 days

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Got it. To be honest - the only thing I care about the Clippers ( and the Grizzlies and the Kings ) is that I need them to start losing on a regular basis. Boston owns their 2019 1st round picks ( Clippers is top 8 protected and Memphis is top 14 protected ) and the better those picks are the more attractive they will look to New Orleans if they decide to deal AD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->