Proposal: Phx - det

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yotes fan coming in peace. Just wanted to float this trade after talking to a Wings HFer earlier today (EDITED):

To DET: David Schlemko, 2014 mid-round pick
To PHX: Patrick Eaves, Teemu Pulkinnen

MOD: above changed from To DET: David Schlemko
To PHX: Teemu Pulkinnen

Detroit gets an unflashy but perfectly solid bottom 4 PMD that should stabilize the 3rd pairing better than either Smith or Lashoff, Phoenix gets a forward prospect with a great shot and middle 6 upside and also takes Eaves' salary off from Detroit's books. Move helps relieve each teams' respective logjam (PHX at defense, DET at forward).

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
We are up against the cap and have Helm and Eaves coming back soon. We need to shed salary if we're going to take any back. How about this:

To Det:
Schlemko
Pick

To Phx:
Pulkkinen
Eaves

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Yotes fan coming in peace. Just wanted to float this trade after talking to a Wings HFer earlier today:

To DET: David Schlemko

Detroit gets an unflashy but perfectly solid bottom 4 PMD that should stabilize the 3rd pairing better than either Smith or Lashoff, Phoenix gets a forward prospect with a great shot and middle 6 upside. Move also helps relieve each teams' respective logjam (PHX at defense, DET at forward).

Thoughts?

Detroit's logjam is in contracts so this doesn't really help them. I just means one more player has to be put on waivers, and decreases the chance that Nyquist can be called up from the minors.

The trade would have to be bigger and Phoenix would need to take on another player or 2 from the Wings. (Eaves, Samuelsson if he would waive his NTC, Cleary, Tootoo, or Miller)

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
We don't need anymore bottom four defenseman. We have Smith sitting in the box and a few defensemen in the minor knocking on the door. We need quality not more depth at forward or defense.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I'm certainly open to getting Eaves as well. Probably won't have a spot in our lineup, but I'd think he can clear waivers en route to Portland. Doesn't hurt to have another decent PK forward as insurance anyways.

How about Schlemko + 2014 5th for Eaves and Pulkkinen?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yotes fan coming in peace. Just wanted to float this trade after talking to a Wings HFer earlier today:

To DET: David Schlemko

Detroit gets an unflashy but perfectly solid bottom 4 PMD that should stabilize the 3rd pairing better than either Smith or Lashoff, Phoenix gets a forward prospect with a great shot and middle 6 upside. Move also helps relieve each teams' respective logjam (PHX at defense, DET at forward).

Thoughts?

I think we have a couple solid bottom4 PMD just a year or two away.

I don't see a big need for it.

That said if you guys take some forwards off our hands.... ;)

Schlemko has experience playing on the right side.
It's the shot we need, not playing the right side.

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Murphy has more value to us than he does in trade due to his injury history. He actually challenged more for a spot on our blueline this year than Gormley. In any case, I'd say Murphy has the most upside of our RHD prospects and is an ideal partner for OEL if he can stay healthy and hits his ceiling.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think we have a couple solid bottom4 PMD just a year or two away.

I don't see a big need for it.

That said if you guys take some forwards off our hands.... ;)

It's the shot we need, not playing the right side.

I think we can afford to take Eaves off your hands. But our budget precludes anything more than Eaves's salary.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not real interested in this deal, we could call up Marchenko or Ouellet if we need more D help.

Would like to find a way to ditch one of the forwards though, so people trying to figure that out makes sense.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I have visions of Pulkinnen and Mantha burning holes in nets. Pass.

Finally I want to see pulkinnen for like two seasons in AHL before I let him go for any 5th round pick etc..

I would ask for a ton right now. His question is skating not shot he has a following on his shot on you tube already lol.

Anyway is like everyone said is just no need to schlemmy I really believe marchenko could come up ouellet could we could take smith off press box lol and really believe jensen is better right now than all of them but hurt.

Take sammy off our hands at half salary,,,, give you eaves and a 3rd for a 7th round pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How about

Pulkkinen + Quincey + Cleary for Michalek

Seems like a good idea to me!!!

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Just curious...what would Pheonix offer for Nyquist or Tatar?

Would Phoenix do:

Sammuelsson, Tatar

For

Michalek

Sammy has only this year left at 3 mill, Tatar at 630.

I think the Yotes add about 500 and change salary wise, clear a spot on the back end.

Lets Detroit trade either Smith or Lashoff to another team(most likely Smith, cause he has potential, so Babcock won't play him)((same with Tatar))

Reasoning: Sammy likes to shoot, and can be a decent option on the PP if not played on the point(Babcock). Pair him with grinders cause he likes the boards, a decent setup man will make him look like gold if he gets hot.

Tatar is the real incentive in this deal. Last years playoff MVP for the AHL, he's quick, shifty, with a great set of hands. Likes the dirty areas as well.

Detroit gets a good defenseman, someone the goalies will trust.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yotes fan coming in peace. Just wanted to float this trade after talking to a Wings HFer earlier today (EDITED):

To DET: David Schlemko, 2014 mid-round pick
To PHX: Patrick Eaves, Teemu Pulkinnen

MOD: above changed from To DET: David Schlemko

Detroit gets an unflashy but perfectly solid bottom 4 PMD that should stabilize the 3rd pairing better than either Smith or Lashoff, Phoenix gets a forward prospect with a great shot and middle 6 upside and also takes Eaves' salary off from Detroit's books. Move helps relieve each teams' respective logjam (PHX at defense, DET at forward).

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure that if Detroit were going to include Pulkinnen in any deal in the future we would be looking more towards including him in a package deal for maybe Keith Yandle, Schlemko does us no good were already stockpiled with D for the future and we don't really need to add unless it's for a major upgrade like an Edler of Weber type of defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad