Proposal: Phx/Buf

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
If Phoenix were to part with Yandle, what would they be looking for? Would a roster player and a good prospect suffice? Am I overvaluing/undervaluing? Maloney must be looking to upgrade his offense..

To Buf:

Yandle

To Phx:

Ennis
Brennan/McCabe
Pick (2nd or 3rd?)

Or would Stafford interest fans?

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Phoenix were to part with Yandle, what would they be looking for? Would a roster player and a good prospect suffice? Am I overvaluing/undervaluing? Maloney must be looking to upgrade his offense..

Ennis, Armia and a 1st. I'm not sure what the coaching staff thinks of Ennis, to be honest. Little guys putting up a lot of points might not fly here. The asking price is roughly equivalent to 2 1sts and a 2nd. Maloney passed on Gagner and MPS last draft. At the time, MPS had more value.

If the Coyotes are off to QC, expect to see a deal for Grigorenko. Roy or whomever is GM is going to make a lot of stupid deals to bring in Remparts/Quebecois players.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

To Buf:

Yandle

To Phx:

Ennis
Brennan/McCabe
Pick (2nd or 3rd?)

Or would Stafford interest fans?

In my opinion, Yandle is off limits until their season is over (not necessarily completed). Don't see the Sabres having a center that would interest the Coyotes (which is the current starting price). There are players of interest (on the Sabres) that would fit in the organization, but not enough to trade Yandle for.

knowsthegame

Mar 18, 2008
Tale of 2 NHL cities
I would like DM to see who he could get for Yandle and Vermette in a trade for a solid scoring forward - any forward position. Between Yandle and Vermette we are spending 9 million dollars. We can do better for that kind of money.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I guess there are rumors out there of a major Pacific move, the Sabres and Coyotes talking, and the Sabres willing to make a major move to make the playoffs.

Trust Maloney. He knows how to play the market. I personally do not think ROR and a 1st is good value for Yandle. I think he can get more, from the right team, with the right timing. Remember that when D of this type (all star, under 30, under contract) are in play, the prices are ridiculous. Fans have been low-balling, and I probably undersold Yandle considering Armia's concussion issues.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would like DM to see who he could get for Yandle and Vermette in a trade for a solid scoring forward - any forward position. Between Yandle and Vermette we are spending 9 million dollars. We can do better for that kind of money.

Any suggestions?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
In my opinion, Yandle is off limits until their season is over (not necessarily completed). Don't see the Sabres having a center that would interest the Coyotes (which is the current starting price). There are players of interest (on the Sabres) that would fit in the organization, but not enough to trade Yandle for.

Why? To me, their is not one player off limits. If Gretzky can get traded anybody can. We are not a contender, everyone should be available at the right price, including OEL. I know most will say this is crazy and it would take a kings ransom to get OEL, but dumber things have happened.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I guess there are rumors out there of a major Pacific move, the Sabres and Coyotes talking, and the Sabres willing to make a major move to make the playoffs.

Trust Maloney. He knows how to play the market. I personally do not think ROR and a 1st is good value for Yandle. I think he can get more, from the right team, with the right timing. Remember that when D of this type (all star, under 30, under contract) are in play, the prices are ridiculous. Fans have been low-balling, and I probably undersold Yandle considering Armia's concussion issues.

Either do I, unless the 1st is a top 5.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Why? To me, their is not one player off limits. If Gretzky can get traded anybody can. We are not a contender, everyone should be available at the right price, including OEL. I know most will say this is crazy and it would take a kings ransom to get OEL, but dumber things have happened.

off-limits probably isn't the right term, but the price would be high enough where another team wouldn't even bother discussing the possibility. At the draft (just like last year's draft) it would be more realistic to approach the Coyotes about the availability of Yandle, considering their situation with ownership and the possibility of not getting enough free agents to make up for roster losses. And as far as being a contender, the 'Yotes made it to the WCF last year, and Maloney has brought in players at the deadline (when they let him).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
off-limits probably isn't the right term, but the price would be high enough where another team wouldn't even bother discussing the possibility. At the draft (just like last year's draft) it would be more realistic to approach the Coyotes about the availability of Yandle, considering their situation with ownership and the possibility of not getting enough free agents to make up for roster losses. And as far as being a contender, the 'Yotes made it to the WCF last year, and Maloney has brought in players at the deadline (when they let him).

Everybody harps on how good we were last year. We could have just as easily ended up 12th. I agree with you about Yandle, I do not see the Coyotes trading him now either, especially with the injuries, and the kids not proven they can handle the NHL yet.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The blueline prospects are not needed. Up the 2nd to a first, and drop the D. That makes it more appealing. Still not nearly appealing enough. That's the kind of return we might have to expect if Yandle got drunk, and crashed his car through a pet store full of puppies with a cracked out tranny prostitute riding shot gun.

Also, a freaking LOVE Tyler Ennis.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
What about Rundblad for Stafford and a 4th. I think this makes sense for both sides and allows us to get back the pick we gave up for Lombo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad