PhoPhan's Phirst Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Mack said:
I bet Cam Barker slips past 5.

Won't happen. Columbus will be picking no lower than 5. If he is there when they pick, they'll snatch him up. No doubt. Doug MacLean already has said Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker are the CBJs top 3.
I'm sure other teams in that range would too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
PhoPhan said:
I actually had Thelen going to Buffalo, than took him out in favor of Green and never put him back again. I'm going to have to make another one of these closer to draft day.

Honestly, from what I've seen of both, I like Green more, so I was happy to see that pick there.

Overall, a very good job. Thanks!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
rnyquist said:
past 5??
With Washington, Columbus, Chicago, Pitts all needing defence he could easily go #2, BUT if he makes it out of the top 5 rangers will draft him no doubt.

Washington-Eminger, to a lesser extent Yonkman

Chicago-Babchuk, McCarthy, Kukkonen, Seabrook

Pittsburgh-Orpik, Whitney

CBS is the only one who really needs D. Those prospects are also just the ones off the top of my head. He'll likely fall out of the top 5 if Columbus goes 2nd overall, selected Evgeni Malkin.

thestonedkoala

If he fell out of the top 5 (which I doubt), I hope to God Minnesota trades ANYTHING to grab him.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
ducksflytogether said:

CBS is the only one who really needs D. Those prospects are also just the ones off the top of my head. He'll likely fall out of the top 5 if Columbus goes 2nd overall, selected Evgeni Malkin.

Even if CBJ is at 2 and picks Malkin, I don't think Barker falls out of the top 5.
None of those prospects you list are guarantees. Barker is the consensus best d-man and third guy on almost everyones board. I don't think three teams would pass on him in favor of Schremp, Olesz, etc, regardless of their d depth. Maybe one, but not three.

Besides, the CBJ have pretty much played their way out of the 2nd spot. They'll be looking at 1 or 3-5. At one, they'll pick Ovechkin. If Barker falls to CBJ in the 3-5 spots, he's theirs.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ducksflytogether said:

Hope springs eternal, can not blame that, but you are having one hell of a fantasy there. Caps fans and the Rags fans are drooling over Barker, and you can never have enough D. Chicago could use him too. And CBJ is dying for defense. Whoever is in the number 3 slot is likely where Barker will go, though if he slipped it would never be beyond five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->