Phoenix XXXIV: Project Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Being a Floydian, I also like Wish You Were Here.

At this point Brain Damage or Comfortably Numb seem more apropos.

Also - in honor of the pending CoG / GWI sit down:

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
So Goldwater is now having a meeting behind closed doors? not good news for Winnipeg.

With at least one & possibly more reporter's present. Dont worry about it. You'll find out in real time whats being said/discussed. Honestly, I think people are putting far too much import on this tete-a-tete. Without League & Hulsizer participation ABSENT reporters little more than posturing is going to come of it, and we already know what both positions are on the matter.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Did he also mention that he 'believes' Hulsizer will be at the game tonight? I can't listen, but that is being reported on various twitter accounts...if that means anything!

No comment from Bettman on Hulsizer's social plans that I heard.

With at least one & possibly more reporter's present. Dont worry about it. You'll find out in real time whats being said/discussed. Honestly, I think people are putting far too much import on this tete-a-tete. Without League & Hulsizer participation ABSENT reporters little more than posturing is going to come of it, and we already know what both positions are on the matter.

Yup... It's hard to put too much stock into a meeting that doesn't include either the seller or potential purchaser of the team. Unless Goldwater is having this meeting so that they can find a way to change their position on the principles of the deal, I can't see this as much more than public relations by the COG. Clearing this logjam will require some concessions and/or a new business model from either Hulsizer or the NHL, I would think. Bettman seemed to allude to that possibility on his interview with TSN, I thought. But we shall soon see...

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
Epic fail on my part :cry:

But the the other part of my post stands. Is it a falls count anywhere, submission, no countouts, and/or is there a 60 minute time limit?

It's gonna end in a double disqualification with both parties claiming cheatery and chicanery on the part of the other team. Of course on a double DQ, the prize cannot change hands.

Gary will call for a rematch....to finally decide the fate...a no DQ falls count anywhere match....while the teams are both involved in the action...he'll steal the prize and declare himself the rightful owner of the prize. COG and GWI will look at each other in amazement, then surprisingly team up to bash Gary....who runs away with the prize.....

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Though I expect the COG / GWI meeting to be mainly PR, I would be interested in a coherent discussion between the parties on at least 2 issues:

1) The current and future ownership of the rights to parking revenue. This should be an opportunity for the COG to clearly state their case on this.
2) Discussion of the "arena management fee", justifying both the amount and the way in which it has been sole-sourced.

Einstein Theory

Dec 22, 2010
Did he also mention that he 'believes' Hulsizer will be at the game tonight? I can't listen, but that is being reported on various twitter accounts...if that means anything!

Yes. He said Hulsizer would be there. He said that after saying he had spoken to Hulsizer within the hour.

Since he said this morning that Hulsizer had other business and would not be attending tonights game; it makes me think Bettman put some pressure on Hulsizer to attend tonight's games.

Gotta keep up appearances old chap :sarcasm:

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
I almost got in trouble with my wife because one of my internet tabs was "Pheonix XXX", this really has to end. It's hurting my marriage! :laugh:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Article at first post in this thread updated - Hulsizer will be in attendance at tonight's Coyotes/Red Wings game

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Gonna be interesting to see the fans at the game tonight. Will the Yotes fans get their ***** kicked again by Detroit fans?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Gonna be interesting to see the fans at the game tonight. Will the Yotes fans get their ***** kicked again by Detroit fans?

Yes, because there was so much to cheer for last game. Not sure if you watched it or not, but it was two-zero within minutes. Of course, only Arizona fans would be quiet after that, right?

Two more weeks it looks like. :sarcasm:

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Yes, because there was so much to cheer for last game. Not sure if you watched it or not, but it was two-zero within minutes. Of course, only Arizona fans would be quiet after that, right?

Two more weeks it looks like. :sarcasm:
I don't blame you guys for being quiet, it's just that when Detroit scored, the roar was as loud or louder than when Phoenix scored. Unless the goal horn was so loud I could barely hear them?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Where do you get this crap from? There were 20-25% Detroit fans at the game Monday. Most sat in the lower bowl because the upper bowl usually sells out first in Phoenix. At least our team made the playoffs.

And here's a nugget I picked up today - apparently the City is working on a private placement with a commercial bank for the bond amount. By not going the bond route there will be a slight interest premium but terms can be negotiated -- i.e. what happens to $ if deal is killed in court? I haven't heard much about this kind of deal but my contact told me that commercial lending to governments is on the rise because most governments (and Glendale is clarly in the group) have very good credit.

There's clearly something going on.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
I was looking for the stuff on the parking and found a Hocking Report, Exhibit D, in bankruptcy documents.

I find it interesting that non hockey events at Jobing were going to bring in $109 million over 30 years and the Coyotes games were going to bring in 44 million. There was also parking charges in the number that CoG supplied as to what they were going to receive from non-hockey events.

And the total gross parking revenues over the 30 years was a whopping $85 million (not a present value number) as reflected on page 6.

Lucy, you got some splainin to do.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Where do you get this crap from? There were 20-25% Detroit fans at the game Monday. Most sat in the lower bowl because the upper bowl usually sells out first in Phoenix. At least our team made the playoffs.

And here's a nugget I picked up today - apparently the City is working on a private placement with a commercial bank for the bond amount. By not going the bond route there will be a slight interest premium but terms can be negotiated -- i.e. what happens to $ if deal is killed in court? I haven't heard much about this kind of deal but my contact told me that commercial lending to governments is on the rise because most governments (and Glendale is clarly in the group) have very good credit.

There's clearly something going on.

The raising of the money either by loan or bond issue makes n difference. If it is viewed as using CoG credit to back a private business, that may violate the gift clause (I use may because you can never count on judges to rule one way or another regardless of what the law states).

Royale With Cheese

I Enjoy Bourbon
Nov 24, 2006

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
.And here's a nugget I picked up today - apparently the City is working on a private placement with a commercial bank for the bond amount. By not going the bond route there will be a slight interest premium but terms can be negotiated -- i.e. what happens to $ if deal is killed in court? I haven't heard much about this kind of deal but my contact told me that commercial lending to governments is on the rise because most governments (and Glendale is clarly in the group) have very good credit.

Yes, this was brought up in an earlier thread. Commercial Banks are actively soliciting municipalities as an alternative to Bonding at very favorable rates. In the past, muni's often borrowed smallish amounts for various projects, however, with the influx of bailout money the banks have increased lending capacities, $100M+++ not out of the question. That being said, the COG would still be caught up in the Gift Clause as they'd be using their credit to support a private enterprise. With the Bonds, they indirectly did so leaving room to argue, however, a direct-loan to Glendale from a Bank would be a pretty clear violation no?....

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
How about a season ticket selling contest to decide where the team plays. The most 3 year season ticket commitments made wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->