Phoenix XXXIV: Project Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Coyotes ownership A Go Go (Latest news!)

Lots of new news coming out of the Phoenix Coyotes Ownership matter in the last 24 hours.

This is an article with what's been published in the last 24 hours including an update from the Hulsizer Camp, a statement from the Goldwater Institute about their closed door meeting with the City of Glendale tomorrow, Gary Bettman's interview on the Fan 590 in Toronto this morning, and a few other things.

I'll probably have more and add a transcription of the Bettman interview as the day progresses.

http://thenhlhotlist.azvibe.com/2011/04/20/coyotes-ownership-a-go-go/

UPDATE

Full meeting notes for Thursday's meeting with the City of Glendale

http://thenhlhotlist.azvibe.com/201...incident-meeting-notes-audiovideotranscribed/

Last edited:

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
PpBKRupzI1.gif

In all seriousness though I hope the Yotes get their situation rectified and stay there, I have a soft spot for them and they've gotten a lot of crap from all sides.

Aquiace

The Goggles!
Feb 3, 2007
Back in VanCity
The saga continues.

I've never seen a management group bend over backwards this much for a product that is hemorrhaging money. If the ownership group is not asking for subsidies, then I can totally understand it. But if they are and the Winnipeg ownership isn't, then I can't understand the rationale.

This is purely from a business point of view. From a fan point of view, I know many would like to see the team stay.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
The saga continues.

I've never seen a management group bend over backwards this much for a product that is hemorrhaging money. If the ownership group is not asking for subsidies, then I can totally understand it. But if they are and the Winnipeg ownership isn't, then I can't understand the rationale.

This is purely from a business point of view. From a fan point of view, I know many would like to see the team stay.

I'm sure NBC/Versus would prefer Phoenix stay

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If they stay they lose money. I still don't get why people want the team back in Phoenix, why can't the NHL do something where if they can get a great # of people to buy season tickets the team should stay.

Tinalera

Feb 3, 2007
The Known Universe
Can we merge the Coyotes a Go Go thread to this one?

Maybe that's our new Chapter title?

EDIT: WOW! Ask and I shall receive!

I want a winning Powerball lottery ticket now! :naughty:

In the previous chapter, which I didn't realise was locked due to full up-it was brought mentioned that "public" part of the publc meeting between CoG and GWI is that the transcript will be made public. :whaaa?:

I guess that techinically the "public" obligation?

Last edited:

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
CBC doesn't matter to the NHL. NBC does. Now is this an exclusive deal with NBC that the NHL can't also have games on ESPN or another network? If so then that's a horrible deal for the NHL.

So this meeting is now private, GWI is caving in it appears. A 3rd party transcript can "accidentally" omit whatever it is told to omit.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
As would TSN and Sportsnet.

I asked a question about this in the other thread but no one answered. Has anyone actually compared or attempted to compare the loss that the phoenix (or atlanta) market would have on both NHL negotiations for national contracts (little late now) or phoenix's regional one to the potential gains that winnipeg (or quebec) would have on Canada's national tv deal and their regional one?

Koss

CBC doesn't matter to the NHL. NBC does. Now is this an exclusive deal with NBC that the NHL can't also have games on ESPN or another network? If so then that's a horrible deal for the NHL.

So this meeting is now private, GWI is caving in it appears. A 3rd party transcript can "accidentally" omit whatever it is told to omit.

The NHL has been trying to pretend that Canada doesn't exist for a long time, all the while happily cashing the cheques.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I asked a question about this in the other thread but no one answered. Has anyone actually compared or attempted to compare the loss that the phoenix (or atlanta) market would have on both NHL negotiations for national contracts (little late now) or phoenix's regional one to the potential gains that winnipeg (or quebec) would have on Canada's national tv deal and their regional one?

There's noway to tell. but since the league has just signed a 10 year deal, the importance of the Phoenix audience is Mute. While The Canadian deal ends in 2 years.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If they stay they lose money. I still don't get why people want the team back in Phoenix, why can't the NHL do something where if they can get a great # of people to buy season tickets the team should stay.

If I was buying the team thats what I would do. Forget the bonds, I'll buy the team outright, but I want 13,500 full STHs committed for the next 3 years.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If I was buying the team thats what I would do. Forget the bonds, I'll buy the team outright, but I want 13,500 full STHs committed for the next 3 years.

@ average league prices, no more no less.... and we'll calculate the average price by taking the gate revenues received for the season and divide by the number of fans announced in attendance. Not what ticket stubs say.

So if team X had 600,000 fans and the seasons gate was 6 million dollars, Team X had an average price of 10 bucks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->