Phoenix XXIII - Bond: The Phoenix Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpz

Dec 13, 2010
You realize that the arena loses money, correct? See the Dec 14 meeting for details, if they pay zero for Arena Management they lose, So if the cost to operate the arena is a loss....they should walk away now not add to the cost by paying 15-20 million more.....agreed?

I believe it's well documented when Balsillie tried to muscle his way in, that jobing.com's most profitable yr was during the NHL lockout.

Just sayin...

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
I'm fine if you want to claim it's dubious. But I think it is grossly inaccurate to say "most people think it dubious." Unless you're talking about a couple of dozen people on HF boards. ;)

And it is not proposed that the Management Fee is to be paid from the bond offering.

There are actually people in arena management that I have spoken with through one of the jobs that I work that have said that the fee is beyond outrageous and likely double or even triple what the actual fee would be, but that's neither here nor there. All I'm saying is that in terms of total cost to the COG, the difference between keeping the team by selling the bonds and losing them to turn Glendale into a black hole where never a single dollar shall be seen ever again isn't as much as they would lead you to believe and in actuality, it may make more sense for the city to cut bait rather than swimming with sharks that have far more business savvy...

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Do people actually believe that they will shut the arena down....like just...."Coyotes are gone? BOARD IT UP BOYS!!!" Seriously?

Scruggs has shows her hand from day 1. Her saying that the arena will shut down is nothing more than fear mongering. I loved listening to her during the meetings. Most questions are based around "What affect will this have on our budget? How will we pay for such and such? Scruggies turn and it's "Tell me again....why....this is such a great deal for us"

This is also pure gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJtmjZw1oQ

[mod: deleted] The worst was listening to her try and answer how the arena management fee will be paid off. She has no answer....at all.....nothing. She's pushing this with no clue.

Go to the 36 second mark....sit back....and enjoy the stupidity. I love how her cronies jump in as soon as they know shes in a corner "UHH DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A QUESTION?"

EDIT:

Go to 2:44 as well. Pure gold. Apparently there are untapped revenue streams. Who knew?

Last edited by a moderator:

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
There are actually people in arena management that I have spoken with through one of the jobs that I work that have said that the fee is beyond outrageous and likely double or even triple what the actual fee would be, but that's neither here nor there. All I'm saying is that in terms of total cost to the COG, the difference between keeping the team by selling the bonds and losing them to turn Glendale into a black hole where never a single dollar shall be seen ever again isn't as much as they would lead you to believe and in actuality, it may make more sense for the city to cut bait rather than swimming with sharks that have far more business savvy...

Anyone who watched the council meeting realizes that they are all in over there heads when it comes to business savvy, so at least 3 put their faith in a city manager and mayor to guide their business decisions....and I think it is obvious that their business savvy is suspect.....so here we are...blaming Goldwater or Winnipeg?

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I'm fine if you want to claim it's dubious. But I think it is grossly inaccurate to say "most people think it dubious." Unless you're talking about a couple of dozen people on HF boards. ;)

And it is not proposed that the Management Fee is to be paid from the bond offering.

"Most people" are not even remotely into hockey. So it is supremely ludicrous when someone says most people THINK about hockey, let alone think something specific about the Coyotes or Glendale.

So yeah, I have a hunch he was just talking about the dozens of deep thinkers who frequent HF boards...and that's a small world after all. Maybe not as small as white MISL fans in Guadalupe, Arizona... but getting there.

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
Do people actually believe that they will shut the arena down....like just...."Coyotes are gone? BOARD IT UP BOYS!!!" Seriously?

Scruggs has shows her hand from day 1. Her saying that the arena will shut down is nothing more than fear mongering. I loved listening to her during the meetings. Most questions are based around "What affect will this have on our budget? How will we pay for such and such? Scruggies turn and it's "Tell me again....why....this is such a great deal for us"

This is also pure gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJtmjZw1oQ

[mod: deleted] The worst was listening to her try and answer how the arena management fee will be paid off. She has no answer....at all.....nothing. She's pushing this with no clue.

Go to the 36 second mark....sit back....and enjoy the stupidity. I love how her cronies jump in as soon as they know shes in a corner "UHH DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A QUESTION?"

EDIT:

Go to 2:44 as well. Pure gold. Apparently there are untapped revenue streams. Who knew?

ok yea...To Be Determined.....and someone wonders why Goldwater would question this transaction...Come on people....

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Something is brewing at the Glendale Workshop session tomorrow.

The Winnipeg Free Press will be streaming the workshop session from Glendale tomorrow. Now they normally do not go that that great of lengths unless there something of importance to show to the people of Manitoba.

Anyways, you can catch it here at: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/LIVE-BLOG-Glendale-workshop-on-Coyotes-sale-117112168.html

Other than a napping Liebermann, I'm not sure there will be any excitement at the meeting.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I think that the absolute most that may happen at tomorrow's meeting is that the council decides in executive session to allow the team to leave (when in reality, they're forced to let them go because they will miss [or have already missed] the NHL's rumored deadline).

Later in the week (probably Friday), they release a sea of press releases stating the NHL is relocating the team and try to blame the NHL for not giving them enough time to close the deal despite all their progress with Hulsizer. They'll also blame GWI for interfering, the evil Canadians and their terrible Canadian media, the secret agents in Glendale working for TNSE, the bond market and anyone else they can possible think of.

Just my own speculation ;)

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
Other than a napping Liebermann, I'm not sure there will be any excitement at the meeting.

Agreed. The meeting won't be where the fireworks take place, but instead, they'll come in the days after the meeting if we're to believe the various rumors that there is indeed a deadline and that we are fast approaching it...

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

from the article

One of the unresolved questions in Glendale is what happens if parking revenues are not enough to repay the bonds, and to what degree other city funds will be at risk, said Clark, the councilwoman who voted against the incentive package.

“It’s sticking in the back of my head as cause for concern,†Clark said of the parking projections. “Any consultant that the city hires, the consultant knows that the city desires a certain outcome and works to try to achieve that if possible. We have used Mr. Hocking for years and I can’t assume anything.â€

I think these statements speak for them-self...

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario

The Winnipeg Free Press will be streaming the workshop session from Glendale tomorrow. Now they normally do not go that that great of lengths unless there something of importance to show to the people of Manitoba.

Anyways, you can catch it here at: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/LIVE-BLOG-Glendale-workshop-on-Coyotes-sale-117112168.html

a workshop should be "in camera"..and not have live coverage or blog?

Grumpz

Dec 13, 2010
Agreed. The meeting won't be where the fireworks take place, but instead, they'll come in the days after the meeting if we're to believe the various rumors that there is indeed a deadline and that we are fast approaching it...

You've got that right! If there are fireworks...THEY'LL ORIGINATE AT THE FORKS, BUT BE VIEWABLE AT PORTAGE AND MAIN!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these workshops are just that. Nothing can be voted on or passed in to action.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
This photo of Hulsizer's head has a lot of photoshop potential.

The next Olli Jokinen? :sarcasm:

Coyotes3.jpg

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005

It will be really boring.

1. It's a Council Workshop - not Meeting. There are no public comments, unless the Mayor requests them, and then they are limited to the Agenda item. Nothing will be voted on.
2. The only thing on the Workshop Agenda is a presentation on Q2 & YTD General Fund revenues and expenses.
3. Any discussions on the Coyotes will be in Executive Session - private, no public, no minutes, no streams - but you can enjoy a stream of the empty Council chamber if you like.

Last edited:

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
This photo of Hulsizer's head has a lot of photoshop potential.

The next Olli Jokinen? :sarcasm:

Coyotes3.jpg

I dunno...just looks like the comment that is below the picture reflects what MH is saying to the guy....as he smiles....just my opinion

Comment=====Nobody cares about hockey in this market. This is just about... Glendale... losing money

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/No-imminent-resolution-in-Coyotes-saga-117115283.html

Those Free Press guys...causing trouble again...btw..I think they follow this thread....

Last edited:

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Maybe the Free Press is just catching on to the potential for this to be something seriously of interest and is doing this as a desperate measure to make up for a lack of previous coverage.

Because even if the deadline is tomorrow and they're going to agree to let the team leave, it will be in executive session .

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Wow. So, what have I missed today while in-transit?. Looks like All Hells breaking out & I see nothing. Somehow or other Ive been usurped as the King of Hypebole?.

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
King...we have missed you..tried our best to make you proud, in your absence. You missed MH blaming GWI, GWI blaming COG...I think COG asked for a special guest referee...or maybe thats some other thing I'm following.....nonetheless...wrestlemania is upcoming in Glendale.....they made big money on this LY so the mayor figures they need 43 dates this year...

davemac1313

Jan 20, 2011
Keewatin, Ontario
Maybe the Free Press is just catching on to the potential for this to be something seriously of interest and is doing this as a desperate measure to make up for a lack of previous coverage.

Because even if the deadline is tomorrow and they're going to agree to let the team leave, it will be in executive session .

actually I give the Free Press bonus points.....sports always belonged to the Winnipeg Sun....they have not given a hoot what has gone on in the last 15 years in the NHL...so should the FP continue to give the NHL its exposure in the paper....it wins my vote....

except for the sun girl...the sun has become as totally irrelevant, as far as the NHL goes, they are as relevant as Barry Shenkarow. The FP has followed this saga from day 8, the sun never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad