Phoenix XXIII - Bond: The Phoenix Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Even if the Coyotes move I'm sure they'd be a possible spot for expansion when the recession lifts. How many more years does US Airways Centre have before it needs replacing. 10-15 maybe?

I'd say more. Most arenas built post 1988 are going to last a solid 50 years.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Even if the Coyotes move I'm sure they'd be a possible spot for expansion when the recession lifts. How many more years does US Airways Centre have before it needs replacing. 10-15 maybe?

I hope you were kidding there.....? :shakehead

US Airways has never been..... nor ever will be workable for hockey now that they've customized it (again) for the Suns.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago

US Airways has never been..... nor ever will be workable for hockey now that they've customized it (again) for the Suns.

He was talking about the Suns moving to the Job.

Fugu

Why is the NHL even this carpetbagger the time of day? He clearly is not even close to be worthy member of their little club. At best he is another Len Barrie, at worse he is another Boots DelBaggio. It's like the NHL has a horizontal line for a learning curve when it comes to prospective owners....

(and on a personal note: Yea! Doktor Frogg is back!)

This made me laugh.......thanks :laugh:

Tee hee. Horizontal. Curve.

:snide:

I think this next week should be fairly interesting.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
He was talking about the Suns moving to the Job.

Or building a new arena in Phoenix for the team that bears the city's name rather than sticking them out in the middle of nowhere in a different city....

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont

Tinalera

Feb 3, 2007
The Known Universe
I'm calling it right now!

Wed, March 2, 4 PM Bettman calls a press conference and puts the hammer down once and for all, one way or the other.

Or he announces the new owner of the Phoenix Coyotes-Jerry Reinsdorf ;) (at which point the BoH threads will implode in a server crash...)

(and to those ask I have no proof, no link, just a "gut" feeling) ;).....

and if nothing happens, we just go on doing what we're doing.:laugh:

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
It's like all these threads were pointless once Bettman goes live and says that the team is staying, don't ask why, just know they're staying in Glendale.

Then Bettman will start to praise the die hard Coyotes fans, the countless phone calls and support for the Coyotes and blah blah blah.

Bettman could be working on a Reinsdorf/Ice Edge/Hullsizer partnership as we speak.

I do hope though that if nothing happens bond wise, Bettman will come out this week and announce enough time has been spent on the Coyotes, time to move on and sell the team to other interests.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

The should have tried harder period to get something done in Phoenix! None of this would be happening if the Coyotes were downtown.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

To suggest that Goldwater has everything they need to file a complaint immediately, or worse, is purposely neglecting to file in favor of attempting to disrupt the deal is an imprudent thought to say the least. It also belies the fact that Glendale has been, as ruled by Judge Burke, guilty of failing to provide Goldwater the public records the required to analyze the deal.

Thanks CasualFan,

Somewhat related to this, why has the COG not complied entirely/on time with the Judge's ruling? Is that, in effect, "against" the law?

This sure has turned into one big mess. Hopefully, cleanup on aisle 6 will commence before the week is over...

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
It's like all these threads were pointless once Bettman goes live and says that the team is staying, don't ask why, just know they're staying in Glendale.

Then Bettman will start to praise the die hard Coyotes fans, the countless phone calls and support for the Coyotes and blah blah blah.

Bettman could be working on a Reinsdorf/Ice Edge/Hullsizer partnership as we speak.
I do hope though that if nothing happens bond wise, Bettman will come out this week and announce enough time has been spent on the Coyotes, time to move on and sell the team to other interests.

That's highly unlikely. We'd here something about such a trifecta ownership group. It's evident that it's this deal or no deal. The time for deciding where the team plays next year must be done asap. Events won't be similar to the decision from last spring. :shakehead

It's time for this chapter to end. Let's all hope it can end this week.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Bettman could be working on a Reinsdorf/Ice Edge/Hullsizer deal, he could be working on a Mickey/Minnie/Goofy deal, he could be working on a Bettman/Daly deal, or he could be working on a deal where you and I buy the team....It doesn't matter.

The bonds are the key, because it doesn't matter who wants to buy this team... they ALL want it for FREE ( I know MH is paying $70M out of pocket, but he's getting it all back in AMFs, so FREE ) , and the only way that can happen is if the CoG buys it for them. Hence the bonds.

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
Thanks CasualFan,

Somewhat related to this, why has the COG not complied entirely/on time with the Judge's ruling? Is that, in effect, "against" the law?

This sure has turned into one big mess. Hopefully, cleanup on aisle 6 will commence before the week is over...

What can happen if the COG doesn't comply with a judge's ruling in this scenario? A slap on the wrist? There must be a precedence. Maybe someone can quickly give us an answer for the non-lawyers in here. Im just surprised nothing was ever done since the ruling was made. Obviously the COG has been notoriously slow in giving the GWI and even the council, proper documentation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->