Phoenix XXI: When will then be now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Where I was going with that is Hulsizer won't have the rights until he purchases the team, and he won't have the team until he has $100 million, and he won't have $100 million until he monetizes the rights, and he won't have the rights until he purchases the team, and ....

But the I guess the friendly neighborhood investment bank might be will to provide bridge financing...

I understood what you meant. I was trying to show off some top notch sarcastic humor. I could never make a living in comedy.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It's a good thing I'm not working for the GWI, as I would of said to hell with it. :laugh:

That's been the CoG plan since day one. Forget trying to make everything legal ( what's the fun in that ) instead the CoG has been using every known tactic to befuddle the lawyers hoping they will just give up. And maybe they have, we will see.

I believe the technical term is " Baffle them with B.S. "

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I hope you can at least see, in this case, why some of us have doubts about the assigned value then-- expert reports or not.

I don't think I've ever said those doubts aren't reasonable. The real question is whether they can be quantified in a way that would be material to a legal challenge by GWI or another objector.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I tell ya what, Killion. I'm about one more document away from the taste of cold metal in my mouth.

Somehow I dont think we'll find what were' after in whats been released ABD. My suspicion is that Bettman&Daly made like Burke&Hare, the infamous Glaswegian Grave Robbers of the 19th Century. Prying the Parking Rights Agreement from the cold clutches of Jerry Moyes. Making off long before the Bailiffs of Glendale arrived. :naughty:

Einstein Theory

Dec 22, 2010
How many bonds did the city sell today...........

crickets?

It's 11:20

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's funny!

But at the same time a legitimate question. My understanding was that today was D-day for the bond orders? I would assume that if enough orders are taken for the bonds, the City Council won't waste any time letting anyone know.

Than again, I should never assume anything when it comes to the Coyotes :shakehead

Still, when would one expect to hear word on the progress of the bond orders?

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Guaranteed by a constitutional amendment in 1998, apparently:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/11/12/20101112arizona-pension-funds.html

(near the end, first paragraph under the 'Solutions' subtitle)
Constitutions can be amended, and will.

Massachusetts has a 14.6% of GDP shortfall right now. We have about 7% income tax. You really, really think that state taxpayers would agree to TRIPLE their taxes to pay for pensions for state workers that are incredibly exorbitant compared to what is available in the private market. If I retire from my current company, I will get a pension of around $40-50K a year. If I was a state worker, I could retire 15 years earlier, and get triple that.

So, no, those pension obligations are not going to be met. Constitutional amendments can not will money into existence that isn't there.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's funny!

But at the same time a legitimate question. My understanding was that today was D-day for the bond orders? I would assume that if enough orders are taken for the bonds, the City Council won't waste any time letting anyone know.

Than again, I should never assume anything when it comes to the Coyotes :shakehead

Still, when would one expect to hear word on the progress of the bond orders?
When they do start selling, the site below should have some record of it. Today was suppose to be the day. I didn't expect it to be personally, being National Margarita day and all, but who knows the day isn't over yet.
http://munios.com/

Last edited:

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
The MUDA is the initial framework for the entire development. The parking rights at that point were assigned to the Arena Manager. Ellman -> Moyes ->NHL ... once MH signs an Amula and is deemed the arena manager he would have those rights.

GWI never challenged the initial framework for this development in which these rights were initially assigned. Would that not make it difficult to contest at this point?

From a summary of the Turken decision by Squire Sanders:

Recognizing that confusion may have arisen from prior cases, the court limited its opinion to transactions occurring after the date of the decision. The Arizona Supreme Court thus vacated the appellate decision, affirmed the trial court’s dismissal of plaintiffs’ Gift Clause claim and remanded the case to the court of appeals to consider plaintiffs’ other claims (equal protection and special laws clauses).

Several conclusions can be drawn. First, the decision does not affect agreements pre-dating January 25, 2010, although there may be issues as to when an agreement is entered into or the effect of amendments to agreements. Second, indirect benefits such as increased excise taxes will not satisfy the Gift Clause “consideration†requirement. The benefit to the governmental entity must flow directly from, and be set forth in, the contract. Third, the value of direct benefits to the city, and its relationship to payments by the governmental entity, may require expert analysis and specific findings in the agreement and authorizing legislative action.

http://www.ssd.com/de/arizona_supre...ncentives_in_economic_development_agreements/

GHOST

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
Where I was going with that is Hulsizer won't have the rights until he purchases the team, and he won't have the team until he has $100 million, and he won't have $100 million until he monetizes the rights, and he won't have the rights until he purchases the team, and ....

But the I guess the friendly neighborhood investment bank might be will to provide bridge financing...

That's not really an issue. There are several ways it could be done assuming MH will gain the rights to an asset someone is willing and able to pay him $100 million for by a certain date.

GHOST

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
And the markets are closed for the day.

I wonder if we'll hear an official explanation from someone, what happened?

Hope it's better than Bettman's Sabres speech today. I heard the part "The Sabres were never for sale.......". That's when I stopped listening. Like how does that all transpire? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->