Phoenix XLIX; Smoke & Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I prefer this take on it:

Phoenix L: Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

I like this one but you need to put quotes around it otherwise posters may not understand the reference.

Is Arizona a red or blue state?

Edit : This is my second favourite. See post below.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC

This title sums up the situation perfectly. There is NO reason for me to spend as much time on this as I have been. My lord, I've watched multiple city council meetings in real time for a city of 250,000 people two time zones away. I'm more familiar with the dealings of that city than of my own.

It's like a meth addiction except you don't die if you OD.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
I like this one but you need to put quotes around it otherwise posters may not understand the reference.

Is Arizona a red or blue state?

Edit : This is my second favourite. See post below.

Red. This is the state that passed a law where they can stop someone they suspect as being foreign and demand they show paper work.

Not trying to make this political. Just answering a direct question.

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
Red. This is the state that passed a law where they can stop someone they suspect as being foreign and demand they show paper work.

Not trying to make this political. Just answering a direct question.

Ha. No worse than a state who would fire someone for not speaking French. :shakehead

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
In my eyes, the silence over the past few weeks is pretty damning. Not even a reassuring "we're working on it" from Bettman or Daly (I expect one this week since we haven't had one in a while, btw).

It almost feels like they're just sitting back on their hands to wait and see when the Coyotes will be finished playing to get moving on the sale..and I don't mean to Jamison (who my stomach tells me is still a considerable amount of money from even being close to being able to buying a franchise.) Something tells me he's just a distraction to keep the attendance up. Yes, the NHL has agreed to negotiate with his group....but the same could be said about a McDonald's employee trying to buy a $60,000 Corvette. Sure, he's in the showroom negotiating...but we all know the ugly kid doesn't get the hot cheerleader. Besides, it would be rather embarrassing to have a WCF series with one team having 4,000+ empty seats in the arena wouldn't it? (edit- just ask New Jersey)

We will see how this foolishness plays out, in due time.

Hal1971

Mar 26, 2012
Quebec City
Hi! I' m a little guy from quebec who want to see the nordiques return. But i'm now i'm thorn, I see the support in AZ, deep down I wish you can keep the coyotes, but the evil in me want and wanted for the 16 last year to root for my team, I trully think that I, we deserve to have our team back. If the coyotes end up in quebec, just be sure, that we will support this team deeply... Yotes fan, wish you well, enjoy it why you can because it can end and the bleeping bussiness of hockey can be a pain in the bleep

MotorMaster

Jan 7, 2009
Earth/cybertron/Char
Like someone else has already said Jamison just seems like a distraction to keep the attendance up. IMO I think the NHL gave Quebec City the green light to start building a new arena, of course they will deny it until the Coyotes playoff run is done.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Jamison is being used by Bettman in much the same way Hulsizer was used, both touted as "proof" of an impending sale to keep the team in Arizona and a means to force the CoG for more money. Jameson is a non entity, a red herring to outmaneuvre Mayor Scruggs to throw millions into Betman's coffers. After CoG commits another 20 or so million then the Jameson card will disappear.

Lux Aurumque*

This never ends, eh?

For the sake of everyone in Arizona and those in Quebec, just end this. At this point, I hardly care what the result is, I just want this over.

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
Am I the only one amused that this budget meeting will be happening while the game is being played? Beasley won't be able to ship in Yotes fans.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
The NHL is invested in Phoenix. They've already put this much time - and more importantly, money! - into a team with no owner that was bleeding money. They're going to see it through to a new owner in this market.
I agree, there is no way the league will let this fall. I do think this arrangement is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->