Phoenix XIXth: Nervous Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
And so begins Chapter 19. I was wondering what would happen if agreement is changed enough that MH balks at it. Would the NHL immediately accept True North's offer or would they hold back a bit to see how CoG responds?

smokes

May 26, 2009
And so begins Chapter 19. I was wondering what would happen if agreement is changed enough that MH balks at it. Would the NHL immediately accept True North's offer or would they hold back a bit to see how CoG responds?

I believe that it has been stated or, at the very least, insinuated, that the COG has a signed lease and is not willing to change it.

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
I believe that it has been stated or, at the very least, insinuated, that the COG has a signed lease and is not willing to change it.
So are the reports of changes to satisfy GWI and still keep MH happy utter nonsense? IIRC, there were a few things that were TBA/TBD in the said signed lease.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Were coming right down to the short strokes here. I cant imagine this thing going past the 2nd week of February. Either it closes this week or next or the team will be immediately sold to TNSE for relocation to Winnipeg. First would be a BOG's meeting to approve the move & TNSE; the AHL, the Moose & Canucks need time to sort things out; TNSE will need time to finish off its ongoing improvements to the MTS & start selling corporate sponsorships, broadcasting, seasons tickets etc; the NHL's scheduling for 2011-12 finalized, the CBC & Rogers or TSN brought up to speed etc, fair amount of work.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Were coming right down to the short strokes here. I cant imagine this thing going past the 2nd week of February. Either it closes this week or next or the team will be immediately sold to TNSE for relocation to Winnipeg. First would be a BOG's meeting to approve the move & TNSE; the AHL, the Moose & Canucks need time to sort things out; TNSE will need time to finish off its ongoing improvements to the MTS & start selling corporate sponsorships, broadcasting, seasons tickets etc; the NHL's scheduling for 2011-12 finalized, the CBC & Rogers or TSN brought up to speed etc, fair amount of work.

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

The end is in sight??

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
I tried so hard to rearrange your mind.
But after while I realized you were disarranging mine.

You better stop, look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your nine-teenth nervous breakdown.

Our story so far:

escher2_106_twon_ascending_and_descending_detail.jpg

05-05-2009 Balsillie puts in $212.5 mil offer for the Coyotes
05-07-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part II
05-18-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part III
05-22-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part IV
06-03-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part V
06-09-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VI
06-12-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VII: I'm just waitin' on a judge
06-16-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VIII: It's dead, Jim
06-24-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part IX: 'Dorf on Hockey
07-25-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part X: The Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth!
08-03-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XI: A Fistful of Dollars?
08-07-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XII: For a Few Dollars More
08-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIII: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
08-21-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIV: The Wrath of Baum
08-27-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XV - SITREP: SNAFU
09-02-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVI: Barbarian at the Gate
09-08-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVII: Wake Me Up When September Ends
09-10-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVIII: Is that a pale horse in the distance?
09-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy Part XIX: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Baum
09-21-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XX: There Will Be Baum
09-28-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXI: 2009 -- A Sports Odyssey
10-26-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXII: Long and winding road

11-24-2009 Keeping up with potential owners for NHL Phoenix Coyotes (UPD: Ice Edge signs LOI)
03-14-2010 Part II. Potential owners of NHL's Phoenix Coyotes
03-26-2010 Part III. Prospective Owners - Phoenix Coyotes (UPD Lease vote 4/13; IEH signs MOU)
04-10-2010 Part IV Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy; UPD COG approves Reinsdorf MOU, not IEH MOU
05-02-2010 Part V Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy UPD Reinsdorf out? IEH back in? else Winnipeg?
05-11-2010 Part VI Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy
05-23-2010 Part VII Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy
06-07-2010 Part VIII: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankrtuptcy
06-22-2010 Part IX: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankruptcy UPD: Pres Moss fired 6/30 with IEH input
07-26-2010 Part X: Phoenix Coyotes - Between Scylla and Charybdis
08-27-2010 Part XI: Phoenix Coyotes -- Greetings, Starfighter, You have been selected ...
09-16-2010 Part XII: Phx Coyotes - Still haven't found what I'm looking for
10-12-2010 Part XIII: Phoenix Coyotes - The Final Cut?
10-27-2010 Part XIV: Phoenix Coyotes - To Infinity And Beyond....
12-05-2010 Part XV: Phoenix - the battle of evermore
12-14-2010 Part XVI: Phoenix -- Money for Nothing
12-20-2010 Part XVII: Phoenix -- Thread Title Available For Lease
01-09-2011 Part XVIII: Phoenix -- Imminence Front
01-24-2011 Phoenix XIXth: Nervous Breakdown

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I tried so hard to rearrange your mind.
But after while I realized you were disarranging mine.

You better stop, look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes

Our story so far:

escher2_106_twon_ascending_and_descending_detail.jpg

05-05-2009 Balsillie puts in $212.5 mil offer for the Coyotes
05-07-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part II
05-18-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part III
05-22-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part IV
06-03-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part V
06-09-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VI
06-12-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VII: I'm just waitin' on a judge
06-16-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VIII: It's dead, Jim
06-24-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part IX: 'Dorf on Hockey
07-25-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part X: The Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth!
08-03-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XI: A Fistful of Dollars?
08-07-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XII: For a Few Dollars More
08-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIII: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
08-21-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIV: The Wrath of Baum
08-27-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XV - SITREP: SNAFU
09-02-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVI: Barbarian at the Gate
09-08-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVII: Wake Me Up When September Ends
09-10-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVIII: Is that a pale horse in the distance?
09-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy Part XIX: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Baum
09-21-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XX: There Will Be Baum
09-28-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXI: 2009 -- A Sports Odyssey
10-26-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXII: Long and winding road

11-24-2009 Keeping up with potential owners for NHL Phoenix Coyotes (UPD: Ice Edge signs LOI)
03-14-2010 Part II. Potential owners of NHL's Phoenix Coyotes
03-26-2010 Part III. Prospective Owners - Phoenix Coyotes (UPD Lease vote 4/13; IEH signs MOU)
04-10-2010 Part IV Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy; UPD COG approves Reinsdorf MOU, not IEH MOU
05-02-2010 Part V Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy UPD Reinsdorf out? IEH back in? else Winnipeg?
05-11-2010 Part VI Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy
05-23-2010 Part VII Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy
06-07-2010 Part VIII: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankrtuptcy
06-22-2010 Part IX: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankruptcy UPD: Pres Moss fired 6/30 with IEH input
07-26-2010 Part X: Phoenix Coyotes - Between Scylla and Charybdis
08-27-2010 Part XI: Phoenix Coyotes -- Greetings, Starfighter, You have been selected ...
09-16-2010 Part XII: Phx Coyotes - Still haven't found what I'm looking for
10-12-2010 Part XIII: Phoenix Coyotes - The Final Cut?
10-27-2010 Part XIV: Phoenix Coyotes - To Infinity And Beyond....
12-05-2010 Part XV: Phoenix - the battle of evermore
12-14-2010 Part XVI: Phoenix -- Money for Nothing
12-20-2010 Part XVII: Phoenix -- Thread Title Available For Lease
01-09-2011 Part XVIII: Phoenix -- Imminence Front
01-24-2011 Phoenix XIX: Nervous Breakdown

That picture is Escher, is it not? I love his work, and says PERFECTLY this whole Yotes saga-well done Kdb! :D

Dado

Does CoG have a big enough credit line to write a $170M check? If not, given the (apparent) deadlines, it would appear this story is already over.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Does CoG have a big enough credit line to write a $170M check? If not, given the (apparent) deadlines, it would appear this story is already over.

IMO the CoG could write a cheque for any amount, but I think the actual outright writting of a $170M cheque would fall under the ol' "Gift Clause", hence all the different ways the CoG is trying to get Hulsizer his money without actually appearing to be giving him money.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
IMO the CoG could write a cheque for any amount, but I think the actual outright writting of a $170M cheque would fall under the ol' "Gift Clause", hence all the different ways the CoG is trying to get Hulsizer his money without actually appearing to be giving him money.

I need to be able to do the opposite, looking like I'm giving people money without actually doing it (in a way that doesn't involve, like you know, criminal activity) ;)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Were coming right down to the short strokes here. I cant imagine this thing going past the 2nd week of February. Either it closes this week or next or the team will be immediately sold to TNSE for relocation to Winnipeg. First would be a BOG's meeting to approve the move & TNSE; the AHL, the Moose & Canucks need time to sort things out; TNSE will need time thto finish off its ongoing improvements to the MTS & start selling corporate sponsorships, broadcasting, seasons tickets etc; the NHL's scheduling for 2011-12 finalized, the CBC & Rogers or TSN brought up to speed etc, fair amount of work.

It is certainly an aspect that cannot be overlooked that the Canucks will need to find a place to develop their players. Yes the Canucks may be able to strike a deal with the Abbotsford Heat (Flames) who are rumoured to have been running some significant losses since entering the AHL to share the teams operations. However, this may not be an ideal situation for the Flames or Canucks. As we know it takes time to make a deal. The sooner the Canucks would be notified the better.

I would think that the COG would bring the bonds to market this week as to show the NHL evrything is done and Mr. Hulsizer would attend the NHL BOG meetings. However, that probably makes too much sense. Will Mr. Hulsizer be able to sit in on the meetings if he doesn't officially own the team? I wouldn't think so.

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
I've read these topics for the past few months and one thing being a Winnipegger, I want the Coyotes back in Winnipeg. However, the amount that the COG council is willing to give to keep the team there, I just don't know how this deal will crumble.

If they don't sell the bond, there has to be other assets they could use.
If they don't get enough, I'm thinking the NHL will create some sort of deal to give MH partial ownership that will allow the COG to pay the NHL for the other amount. Once that is done, the NHL will give MH full ownership.

It just seems that since the COG council is still 5-2 or even 4-3, Scruggly has the final word and she has a hard on to get this deal done no matter the cost without explaining anything.

There is no way Coyotes game parking will generate much cash. This will probably drive attendance down. Oh wait. Those who simply have no cared about NHL in Pheonix for 15 years will all of a sudden attend the games because they care so much about this ownership scenario?

If I was the public (Wait, we were), We would go to as many games as we could to show our support for the NHL in our city. We would( Wait, we did) raise as much money as we could through rallys and however else we could.

The public has not shown up, how can this truly benefit the businesses in Westgate if this is truly what Scruggly says.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It is now five weeks since the lease agreement was approved by Glendale city council. Can someone point to at least one concrete step that has been taken to complete lease, make the sale and transfer the ownership?

Instead, we have seen the initiation of a public tete-a-tete with the GWI.

I expect that we will see some movement on key issues soon if folks are serious about this.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I've read these topics for the past few months and one thing being a Winnipegger, I want the Coyotes back in Winnipeg. However, the amount that the COG council is willing to give to keep the team there, I just don't know how this deal will crumble.

If they don't sell the bond, there has to be other assets they could use.
If they don't get enough, I'm thinking the NHL will create some sort of deal to give MH partial ownership that will allow the COG to pay the NHL for the other amount. Once that is done, the NHL will give MH full ownership.

It just seems that since the COG council is still 5-2 or even 4-3, Scruggly has the final word and she has a hard on to get this deal done no matter the cost without explaining anything.

There is no way Coyotes game parking will generate much cash. This will probably drive attendance down. Oh wait. Those who simply have no cared about NHL in Pheonix for 15 years will all of a sudden attend the games because they care so much about this ownership scenario?

If I was the public (Wait, we were), We would go to as many games as we could to show our support for the NHL in our city. We would( Wait, we did) raise as much money as we could through rallys and however else we could.

The public has not shown up, how can this truly benefit the businesses in Westgate if this is truly what Scruggly says.

Because there is the "hope" that it will get better down the road, and the incredible amount of people investing in Westgate, they are, as poster put it, "kicking the can down the road", maybe in 5 years they don't have to deal with. Its a crummy way to do it, it's horrible that one way or another taxpayers are going to get nailed-either through taxpayer dollars, or the fact that community services and other services will be cut to help pay for it. But that doesn't matter-all that matters is trying to keep the hope alive that Westgate will become successful-regardless of cost. There is just the absolute fear of what happens to Westgate, and the Westgate investors, if it all goes south and the Yotes leave town.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
Because there is the "hope" that it will get better down the road, and the incredible amount of people investing in Westgate, they are, as poster put it, "kicking the can down the road", maybe in 5 years they don't have to deal with. Its a crummy way to do it, it's horrible that one way or another taxpayers are going to get nailed-either through taxpayer dollars, or the fact that community services and other services will be cut to help pay for it. But that doesn't matter-all that matters is trying to keep the hope alive that Westgate will become successful-regardless of cost. There is just the absolute fear of what happens to Westgate, and the Westgate investors, if it all goes south and the Yotes leave town.

I am reminded of the words of a wise old sage:

"Always have a Plan B." -- Unknown.

GHOST

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
:amazed::amazed::amazed:The end is in sight??

Look up Whileee, look way way up. Im up here with Rusty the Rooster & Jerome the Giraffe. Its just about over, tomorrows another day, rest. So its back in the BookBag for you Rusty; a comfortable Rocker for Jerome. and as the gates slowly shut and the drawbridge is raised, The Friendly Giant plays "Early one Morning" on the Celtic Flute. So long, farewell.... :cry::cry::cry:

That picture is Escher, is it not? I love his work, and says PERFECTLY this whole Yotes saga-well done Kdb! :D

If not Escher, possibly Jerry Garcia during his "10 Years After - Escher" period while working with Timothy Leary at Stanford in the early 60's. :naughty:

I would think that the COG would bring the bonds to market this week as to show the NHL evrything is done and Mr. Hulsizer would attend the NHL BOG meetings. However, that probably makes too much sense. Will Mr. Hulsizer be able to sit in on the meetings if he doesn't officially own the team? I wouldn't think so.

Indeed. This week or next at the very latest. Otherwise?. Well, it aint gonna be pretty. Goldwater gets blamed, the COG, the NHL, the fans, Moyes, Hulsizer, IEH, Reinsdorf, Balsillie, everyone. Not exactly Happy Valentines. :rose::cry:

Last edited:

Dado

Has anybody seen the disclosure/prospectus for the bond offering? How are they going to complete a sale "this week" if they haven't even gotten to that step?

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
Has anybody seen the disclosure/prospectus for the bond offering? How are they going to complete a sale "this week" if they haven't even gotten to that step?

Nothing at Moody's but they could be pursuing the private placement.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Congrats to kdb. It was a long tough haul but we finally have his XIX Nervous Breakdown upon us. ;)

Look up Whileee, look way way up. Im up here with Rusty the Rooster & Jerome the Giraffe. Its just about over, tomorrows another day, rest. So its back in the BookBag for you Rusty; a comfortable Rocker for Jerome. and as the gates slowly shut and the drawbridge is raised, The Friendly Giant plays "Early one Morning" on the Celtic Flute. So long, farewell.... :cry::cry::cry:

If not Escher, possibly Jerry Garcia during his "10 Years After - Escher" period while working with Timothy Leary at Stanford in the early 60's. :naughty:

Indeed. This week or next at the very latest. Otherwise?. Well, it aint gonna be pretty. Goldwater gets blamed, the COG, the NHL, the fans, Moyes, Hulsizer, IEH, Reinsdorf, Balsillie, everyone. Not exactly Happy Valentines. :rose::cry:

Tough day today, but this post made me smile.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
It is certainly an aspect that cannot be overlooked that the Canucks will need to find a place to develop their players. Yes the Canucks may be able to strike a deal with the Abbotsford Heat (Flames) who are rumoured to have been running some significant losses since entering the AHL to share the teams operations. However, this may not be an ideal situation for the Flames or Canucks. As we know it takes time to make a deal. The sooner the Canucks would be notified the better.

For some reason I highly suspect this has already been figured out: The Canucks AHL team is going to end up in Victoria, its win-win for both sides atleast for the short term, and it gives Abbotsford a close rival.

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
Hope for what?

At no point since the Coyotes got to Pheonix have they been viable. They have lost money every season of their existance.

Who is responsible for the study to bring the Coyotes to that area anyways?

Where is the city of Pheonix on this? Is the COP not wanting to help out to keep the team? Same with the State of Arizona.

WpgJets

Dec 19, 2010
Hope for what?

At no point since the Coyotes got to Pheonix have they been viable. They have lost money every season of their existance.

Who is responsible for the study to bring the Coyotes to that area anyways?

Where is the city of Pheonix on this? Is the COP not wanting to help out to keep the team? Same with the State of Arizona.

the state of Arizona and the City of Phoenix i believe couldn't care less whether the team stays or leaves. Once the team left the city limits Phoenix's commitment to the team ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad