Phoenix LXVII; Route66 - Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Its being built now.

Patofqc, no question you are a hockey fan and want a team back. I am trying to show you that you need to step back and look at the facts.

Yes, Quebec is building an arena now, but that means it is not done or ready for the NHL;

The NHL does not care about who brings in the most gate revenue or Quebec would have got the team before Winnipeg since it is likely Quebec will have higher gate revenue then Winnipeg;

Yes the yotes have problems, but that does not mean you can dump on the fans.

To tell you the truth, this new CBA may have increased the chances of Toronto (2) since the leafs may want to reduce their revenue sharing payments. What is the most efficient way to do that?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Patofqc, no question you are a hockey fan and want a team back. I am trying to show you that you need to step back and look at the facts.

Yes, Quebec is building an arena now, but that means it is not done or ready for the NHL;

The NHL does not care about who brings in the most gate revenue or Quebec would have got the team before Winnipeg since it is likely Quebec will have higher gate revenue then Winnipeg;

To tell you the truth, this new CBA may have increased the chances of Toronto (2) since the leafs may want to reduce their revenue sharing payments. What is the most efficient way to do that?

I dont dump on the Coyotes fans, i dump on the too many non Coyotes fans in that city. And to me it makes no doubt to me that Quebec, Toronto and Seattle will all have a team within 10 years.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I dont dump on the Coyotes fans, i dump on the too many non Coyotes fans in that city. And to me it makes no doubt to me that Quebec, Toronto and Seattle will all have a team within 10 years.

And if a city is willing to pay for a team to stay there, why should they be moved?

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006

How do you figure that, Quebec City is smaller than Winnipeg, and Winnipeg has more business to sell its 10 year suite packages to. Quebec will still sell out I'm sure, but don't be so sure that they would have more ticket revenue per seat on avaerage than the Jets, that's purely speculation and likely your own.

Last edited:

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Cause someone is willing to own them there without needing 300 millions$ in tax payer subsudies to run them.

If the city wants to pay the city can pay. That is their choice. We will see if the city still wants to pay if the January 31th deadline comes and goes without a deal being made. The fact that they want to pay at the moment (even if I think it is a dumb move by the city) earns them the right to keep their team.

Until the city says they are done, and the NHL cannot find an owner, the team is not going anywhere.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
How do you figure that, Quebec City is smaller than Winnipeg, and Winnipeg has more business to sell its 10 year suite packages to. Quebec will still sell out I'm sure, but don't be so sure that they would have more ticket revenue per seat on avaerage than the Jets, that's purely speculation and likely your own.

Actually Quebec as more metro population, but i think there is more business headquarters in Winnipeg.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
If the city wants to pay the city can pay. That is their choice. We will see if the city still wants to pay if the January 31th deadline comes and goes without a deal being made. The fact that they want to pay at the moment (even if I think it is a dumb move by the city) earns them the right to keep their team.

Until the city says they are done, and the NHL cannot find an owner, the team is not going anywhere.

Yep, Jamieson has ''two weeks'' to get it done.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

Just because they will have an extra 3,500 seats over the MTS centre not to mention the trading area will likely have more bodies than Winnipeg's.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Yep, Jamieson has ''two weeks'' to get it done.

Yes, but if the deal does not go through does not mean they will announce the move to Quebec February 1.

Basically, do not count you chickens before they hatch regardless of likely it is they will hatch.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Yes, but if the deal does not go through does not mean they will announce the move to Quebec February 1.

Basically, do not count you chickens before they hatch regardless of likely it is they will hatch.

Knowing how the NHL has bent backward to keep the team in Glendale, i will celebrate, only when PKP will annouce that he bought the team, or a team. I just think that by february 1rst, our odds will increase if Greg did not buy the team.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Jeez, this is more like the nursery school of hockey rather than the business of hockey.

3rd Annual All Valley Attendance Pissing Championship

karate-kid.jpg

Tweet a picture of the lower bowl, Johnny!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Knowing how the NHL has bent backward to keep the team in Glendale, i will celebrate, only when PKP will annouce that he bought the team, or a team. I just think that by february 1rst, our odds will increase if Greg did not buy the team.

And why has the NHL tried so hard to keep the team in Glendale?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Dont believe so. You or anyone else here
perfectly able to start & title the next one.

Go for it. :thumbu:

How about: Phoenix LXVIII - "Watch out for that Tree"

Greg, Greg
Greg of the Desert,
Strong as he can be. *Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Watch out for that tree.

Greg, Greg
Greg of the Desert,
Wants a team that's free. *Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Watch out for that tree.

When he gets in a scrape,
he makes us wary
with the help of his friend,
an ape named Gary.
Then away he fled
on his elephant Ed
While Yvonne and Joycie
Stay in step.

Greg, Greg
Greg of the Desert,
Friend to you and me.

Watch out for that tree.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Phoenix LVXIII- Better Late Than Never.

I'd start it but I want to make it through one without posting in it LMAO

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

Based on the evidence, The chances of the deal actually going through are fairly low. The chances the team will move to Quebec are very good. I do not think that Jamison will be able to finalize the deal before the end of January.

I also think that the NHL will stretch this out until the summer unless the COG comes out and tell the NHL that they should go jump in a lake. I think the new council will not extend the current agreement; however, they will not close any doors on NHL regarding a subsidy either. It will be like bring us a deal and we will talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->