GDT: Phoenix Desert Dogs at Carolina Ice Hogs | Sunday, Oct. 13, 1 PM

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
For years we've been saying that Ward starts way too many games and needs to rest more. For once we have another goalie who can give us a chance to win and we're whining because Ward doesn't start every game?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For years we've been saying that Ward starts way too many games and needs to rest more. For once we have another goalie who can give us a chance to win and we're whining because Ward doesn't start every game?

I'm pretty sure nobody is whining. It's just odd that Ward hasn't started two games in a row all year.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
about the top line; I don't really care if it's Muller's new system, that they are playing lazy, that they are off to a slow start, that they just aren't clicking yet and their timing may be off, etc., etc.. I just hope they get going like they can and start to dominate the O-zone again starting today. with those three doing their thing and the rest playing like they have, this team should be hard to beat.

when Semin scored against the Caps, Eric was crazy happy. hoping they turn it on today.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut

First of all, I'm not whining. I just think it's odd that we're not going with the proven starter making millions of dollars to be the number one. It shows once again that we invested way too much in a goalie.. Chop off a few mil and we'd have more depth at the forward position.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
First of all, I'm not whining. I just think it's odd that we're not going with the proven starter making millions of dollars to be the number one. It shows once again that we invested way too much in a goalie.. Chop off a few mil and we'd have more depth at the forward position.

That and Ward might have hurt something Friday has nothing to do with it either.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
I'm pretty sure nobody is whining. It's just odd that Ward hasn't started two games in a row all year.

I think playing both goalies equally at the start of the year is the best possible situation. It keeps them fresh and ready to play. As long as they're both playing well there's no reason not to play one of them.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I hope Cam's not hurt but I like what Muller's doing with this goalie rotation. IMO, salary is irrelevant. winning is the name of the game.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I think playing both goalies equally at the start of the year is the best possible situation. It keeps them fresh and ready to play. As long as they're both playing well there's no reason not to play one of them.

But I have Cam Ward on my fantasy team and...:sarcasm:

No, I have Rinne, Smith, and Hiller.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

I mean I don't disagree. I'm glad Khudobin is getting games. But I thought it'd still be at least 2-1 in favor of Ward. But with Chicago coming in on Tuesday maybe they want him to be fully healthy/rested and ready to go.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
I mean I don't disagree. I'm glad Khudobin is getting games. But I thought it'd still be at least 2-1 in favor of Ward. But with Chicago coming in on Tuesday maybe they want him to be fully healthy/rested and ready to go.

Well as we've only played 5 out of 82 games, 2-1 share could very well be how it turns out later this season. But as said so far I like what Muller has been doing with the goalie rotation.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I get the goalie rotation, but I would have thought Ward would start today.

If he tweaked something, fine, it makes sense. If he didn't, it doesn't make a lot of sense

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Oh this is just too funny.

In Charlotte, the game is on a special events channel, kind of like how they air Checker games sometimes.

So I was wondering what is on FSC and SportsSouth.

Womens college soccer on one, and SEC womens volleyball on the other.

:biglaugh:

bluedevil58*

Just thought I would chip in. Our first line has not been producing and yet we are still in games. it will only be a matter of time before the 1st line is firing. I am really liking our team defense. We're playing some sort of trap system. Either way I am extremely happy with our play so far this season.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Oh this is just too funny.

In Charlotte, the game is on a special events channel, kind of like how they air Checker games sometimes.

So I was wondering what is on FSC and SportsSouth.

Womens college soccer on one, and SEC womens volleyball on the other.

:biglaugh:

I have the Canes up on 647-1

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Early game, early game! Loove it. Just got home from a win with my floorball team, too. We are now 2-0 on the season. **** yeah

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I was at the game on Friday. Faulk did not look the same after returning to the ice after the hit (by Brown?). He looked tentative, stiff and was avoiding contact in situations he normally wouldn't. I was wondering if it was the effect from the injury or if he was just dog tired after playing 28 min. the night before, but he was different after that hit and it was noticeable watching live.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I was at the game on Friday. Faulk did not look the same after returning to the ice after the hit (by Brown?). He looked tentative, stiff and was avoiding contact in situations he normally wouldn't. I was wondering if it was the effect from the injury or if he was just dog tired after playing 28 min. the night before, but he was different after that hit and it was noticeable watching live.

I noticed that also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad