Phoenix CVIII: Audits and Losses and RFPs! Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Fellas, this is their final season in Arizona, Lebluster is barely hanging on to his job, yes job! The only thing this fraudster owns is the rights to the Tony Hortons coffee! He has virtually no money in the game, never did! Fascinates me that whoever is pulling the levers behind the curtain would put such an incompetent boob in charge. I wonder if Tony has been able to purchase a new pair of shoes, last I saw of him he was wearing shoes my teenage son wouldn't dare wear.

Playing downtown next year? where can I go to throw up, can this clown get anymore absurd? Say Tony, where are you going to get the money to move your expresso machine to the downtown lemonade stand?

This is the kind of sober, intellectual, objective analysis that I yearn for when I come to the megathreads.

Kudos to you, sir. Kudos.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
It's pretty obvious that they consider their renegotiated AMF their de facto bid, and they already painted it as a substantial discount from the original.

Is it? The renegotiated AMF could easily be described as a deal both sides made to avoid a costly and time consuming trial, not necessarily one either side would make without the threat of a court case hanging over their head. If it is the deal they want, they could easily enter it into the RFP. If they don't want to enter the RFP, it would stand to reason IA doesn't especially like this deal either.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Is it? The renegotiated AMF could easily be described as a deal both sides made to avoid a costly and time consuming trial, not necessarily one either side would make without the threat of a court case hanging over their head. If it is the deal they want, they could easily enter it into the RFP. If they don't want to enter the RFP, it would stand to reason IA doesn't especially like this deal either.

Looks to me to be a bit of a grandstanding move by IA, because if they resubmitted their existing deal to the RFP they'd be legitimizing it in the court of public opinion. Right now they're still trying to posture themselves as partners with Glendale rather than being at the city's mercy.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Looks to me to be a bit of a grandstanding move by IA, because if they resubmitted their existing deal to the RFP they'd be legitimizing it in the court of public opinion. Right now they're still trying to posture themselves as partners with Glendale rather than being at the city's mercy.

I agree with this. Just because they have consistently said they won't enter the RFP doesn't mean in the end they won't. They may look silly in the end to some, but if it gets them a good deal not many will care. We'll find out in December...

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
But then one could say the NHL really doesn't need to answer to people who post on a hockey business board either. ;)

Oh really? The largest fan based chat board on the face of the planet but no, they can just disregard their customer base huh? Tell us whatever they want, just Sheeple. Insult our intelligence. Ya. That works. :shakehead

Fellas, this is their final season in Arizona, Lebluster is barely hanging on to his job, yes job! The only thing this fraudster owns is the rights to the Tony Hortons coffee! He has virtually no money in the game, never did! Fascinates me that whoever is pulling the levers behind the curtain would put such an incompetent boob in charge. I wonder if Tony has been able to purchase a new pair of shoes, last I saw of him he was wearing shoes my teenage son wouldn't dare wear.

Playing downtown next year? where can I go to throw up, can this clown get anymore absurd? Say Tony, where are you going to get the money to move your expresso machine to the downtown lemonade stand?

This is the kind of sober, intellectual, objective analysis that I yearn for when I come to the megathreads.

Kudos to you, sir. Kudos.

.... :laugh: hey? some people, posters, full on vitriol. old mesa, bemusedly angry. has very good reason to be so & going back decades. not confined to the Coyotes fiasco. you have no idea and were not about to censor strong opinion.... within reason of course TFP, boundaries of the Rules.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
...(awaiting clever response .GIF from Llama19 in 3... 2... 1...)

damon-pull-stake-lylyord-tumblr.gif

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I'm stupidly going to expose myself to the wrath of the Righteously Indignant(tm) here and point out that LeBlanc is most likely not referring to everyone here - just the Coyotes fans and season ticket holders who continually badger him about whether IA is going to pull up stakes and take off. In that context, the quote makes better sense than if you assume he's speaking of the entire hockey world.

(awaiting clever response .GIF from Llama19 in 3... 2... 1...)

He said "anyone."

Don't make me get into a gif war with Llama:

these-aren-t-the-droids-2-o.gif

I think we need a new thread. Mods sleeping on the job again. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->