Phoenix CVIII: Audits and Losses and RFPs! Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAnchower

Dec 8, 2012
Sounds to me like LeBlanc is "hinting" at a eventual move downtown... Could explain why IA has no interest in participating in the RFP process for Glendale. Why put in an RFP for an arena that you may have no desire to play in anyways? Now, how likely it is that the Coyotes just change cities and not states or countries... we will see.

Well, does LeBlanc answer the question as to where they are going? LeBlanc does not want to enter into the RFP, but he still wants to work with Glendale outside the RFP if he can. So it seems he still feels that Glendale, with probably a big AMF, is still the Coyotes best chance for survival. Now is Glendale without a big AMF better than Phoenix without a big AMF? That would be a fair question, especially since planning for a new downtown arena is still in the very early stages and could a long time before it might be finalized.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/busine...a+coyotes+shift+marketing/11453903/story.html

"It is very, very rare that I hear anyone ask about the concept of us moving out of state," Coyotes co-owner, president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said. "What I'm asked about now is where do you anticipate playing in the next couple of years, is it in Glendale or downtown Phoenix or in Scottsdale? Those are the right questions for people to be asking. I'm glad that our fan base has embraced it and understands that our desire is to remain in this market."

Sounds to me like LeBlanc is "hinting" at a eventual move downtown... Could explain why IA has no interest in participating in the RFP process for Glendale. Why put in an RFP for an arena that you may have no desire to play in anyways? Now, how likely it is that the Coyotes just change cities and not states or countries... we will see.

Are those the right questions for people to be asking? It sounds more like - those are the questions Tony wants to be asked.

Seems like an filtered article to avoid any sense of a potential lame duck status or two.

If IA is going to pony up some serious $$$ into a new downtown arena where they and the Suns are going to be equal partners, I don't see a move back making any sense.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Seems like an filtered article to avoid any sense of a potential lame duck status...

Oh ya, absolutely. Ottawa Citizen. Tony's old home town. It's a flat-out disinformation PR piece. So much for the
independence, objectivity & integrity of the 5th estate. Sadly but for a few, that's the state of play these days.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/busine...a+coyotes+shift+marketing/11453903/story.html

"It is very, very rare that I hear anyone ask about the concept of us moving out of state," Coyotes co-owner, president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said. "What I'm asked about now is where do you anticipate playing in the next couple of years, is it in Glendale or downtown Phoenix or in Scottsdale? Those are the right questions for people to be asking. I'm glad that our fan base has embraced it and understands that our desire is to remain in this market."

:laugh:

Good one, LeBluster. That's even better than Bettman saying no one is interested in cap info and the business of hockey....

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
:laugh:... Good one, LeBluster. That's even better than Bettman saying no one is interested in cap info and the business of hockey....

.... :laugh: yes. once my anger & disgust subsided, it is rather amusing. total denial, painting an alternative surrealistic reality.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
LeBluster still thinks can outrun the upcoming haboob... :laugh:

0d48775b26fe55d8f33108dd2fe43929d6cfc301.gif

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Yup he's quite the sales person that's for sure. A for effort grade pending on results

Subtitle for part CVIX, maybe it's time for a short and simple one

Phoenix CVIX: LeBluster

Can't come up with that word in a sentence right now :laugh:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Why would you be angry? This is par for the course with this fiasco.

..... I generally see red whenever I read, hear or see anything thats clearly a complete & utter distortion of reality dressed up as fact, absolute
BullS*** wrapped in a nice neat little package with bows, ribbons, even a card. Wow. How nice. Thank you. Its an actual assault to ones intelligence.

No, no I dont kindly to that. :madfire:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Yup he's quite the sales person that's for sure. A for effort grade pending on results

Subtitle for part CVIX, maybe it's time for a short and simple one

Phoenix CVIX: LeBluster

Can't come up with that word in a sentence right now :laugh:

Phoenix CVIX: DQ's New Blizzard Flavor: Marshmallow Nuts LeBluster

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
..... I generally see red whenever I read, hear or see anything thats clearly a complete & utter distortion of reality dressed up as fact, absolute BullS*** wrapped in a nice neat little package with a bow like that. Its an actual assault to one's intelligence. I dont take kindly to that. :madfire:

You should be immune to it by now with the Phoenix saga. Didn't you learn anything from 120 or 130 or 140 threads, x 1000 posts each, or is this sustained anger going on five years now?

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
You should be immune to it by now with the Phoenix saga. Didn't you learn anything from 120 or 130 or 140 threads, x 1000 posts each, or is this sustained anger going on five years now?

Killion needs to be slapped back into reality... :laugh:

Fish_Slap.gif

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Yup he's quite the sales person that's for sure. A for effort grade pending on results...

Well, no, no he's really not "quite the salesperson". Thats was so annoying to me about this guy, and that he was actually able to get away with what he did I just find Gobsmacking. Unbelievable. From the get-go back in 2009 when he first appeared, to me, completely facile, see right through him. Yet, here we are. Clearly this was all going to go Boom. And now, here we go with more lies enabled by a friendly Reporter. Disgusting. I get it that he has no choice but to deliver what he has in that puff piece, but by God, he's a gunna get it from me & plenty of others. Really bad actor. Still shocking that Glendale actually bought from this guy.

... hardly. my anger with the NHL... goes way way back, decades... rather than that anger subsiding with age, mellowing, nope... some new outrage
they or one of the clubs have committed... blood starts squirtin outta my eyeballs.... should prolly book some couch time huh?... get over it. :(

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
... hardly. my anger with the NHL... goes way way back, decades... rather than that anger subsiding with age, mellowing, nope... some new outrage
they or one of the clubs have committed... blood starts squirtin outta my eyeballs.... should prolly book some couch time huh?... get over it. :(

freud.jpg

"Ja, ja. I see. Go on......"

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Well, no, no he's really not "quite the salesperson". Thats was so annoying to me about this guy, and that he was actually able to get away with what he did I just find Gobsmacking. Unbelievable. From the get-go back in 2009 when he first appeared, to me, completely facile, see right through him. Yet, here we are. Clearly this was all going to go Boom. And now, here we go with more lies enabled by a friendly Reporter. Disgusting. I get it that he has no choice but to deliver what he has in that puff piece, but by God, he's a gunna get it from me & plenty of others. Really bad actor. Still shocking that Glendale actually bought from this guy.

True enough, I guess not a really good one. Unfortunately it's a few he gets in 'buy in' and keeps this one going IMO. But if it adds a bit to our collective entertainment then it must have some merit :sarcasm:

Phoenix CVIX: DQ's New Blizzard Flavor: Marshmallow Nuts LeBluster

Good one! Make a Cupcake flavor too and it fits like a glove.

Phoenix CVIX: MythLeBlusters has a ring too. Many of those to bust down the road for sure :laugh:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Now now Fugu. This isnt "all about me".... Besides, Id be going the Jungian route. I dont have "Mommy issues". Freud. Please. :rolleyes:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why doesn't anyone actually ask LeBlowhard the obvious questions when he blurts things out?

Which arena in the Phoenix area might be suitable for relocation? Has he initiated any negotiations with any other suitable arena manager / owner in the the Phoenix area? Would IA require a substantial arena management fee to play out of another arena, or just the GRA? If Glendale is really an option, why isn't IA putting together a bid for arena management?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Oh ya, absolutely. Ottawa Citizen. Tony's old home town. It's a flat-out disinformation PR piece. So much for the
independence, objectivity & integrity of the 5th estate. Sadly but for a few, that's the state of play these days.

It's an article that provides only what people who wish to read between the lines want to see.

:laugh:

Good one, LeBluster. That's even better than Bettman saying no one is interested in cap info and the business of hockey....

But then one could say the NHL really doesn't need to answer to people who post on a hockey business board either. ;)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If Glendale is really an option, why isn't IA putting together a bid for arena management?

It's pretty obvious that they consider their renegotiated AMF their de facto bid, and they already painted it as a substantial discount from the original.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I'm stupidly going to expose myself to the wrath of the Righteously Indignant(tm) here and point out that LeBlanc is most likely not referring to everyone here - just the Coyotes fans and season ticket holders who continually badger him about whether IA is going to pull up stakes and take off. In that context, the quote makes better sense than if you assume he's speaking of the entire hockey world.

(awaiting clever response .GIF from Llama19 in 3... 2... 1...)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
They're part of the same continuum. Both are wrong, btw.

... ya, and I picked neither years ago.... was more a student of Dr. Timothy Leary... Harvard Psilocybin Project n' whatnot.... of course, Timothy Francis there was was Sacked for failing to show up & deliver lectures... guess he had other things on his mind... Distracted like.... Happens.... Even still. :(

Why doesn't anyone actually ask LeBlowhard the obvious questions when he blurts things out?

Which arena in the Phoenix area might be suitable for relocation? Has he initiated any negotiations with any other suitable arena manager / owner in the the Phoenix area? Would IA require a substantial arena management fee to play out of another arena, or just the GRA? If Glendale is really an option, why isn't IA putting together a bid for arena management?

Youd think huh? Unbelievable. Yet you see this repeated time & time again in any number of so called hard news reports & or interviews right across the board. And Heaven help the poor Reporter who does have a pair & asks the probing followups. Wind up covering high school sports or whatever with a twice monthly community newspaper on Rhode Island. Total sell-outs. The media is politically, corporately, league & at the locals levels seemingly team/owner controlled. Marshall McLuhan nailing it all those years ago. Reckon he knew Timothy Leary Whileee? I figure so. Same school of thought so to speak.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
It's an article that provides only what people who wish to read between the lines want to see.

But then one could say the NHL really doesn't need to answer to people who post on a hockey business board either. ;)

Now, my dear TL. These are two separate issues. Don't say the interest isn't there, because that's just false. Don't say that relocation isn't a topic that probably comes up EVERY time there are questions about the Yotes future, especially now given the lease has a fixed expiry.

He obviously can say they're not going to discuss their decisions with us fanatics, as is his wont.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Fellas, this is their final season in Arizona, Lebluster is barely hanging on to his job, yes job! The only thing this fraudster owns is the rights to the Tony Hortons coffee! He has virtually no money in the game, never did! Fascinates me that whoever is pulling the levers behind the curtain would put such an incompetent boob in charge. I wonder if Tony has been able to purchase a new pair of shoes, last I saw of him he was wearing shoes my teenage son wouldn't dare wear.

Playing downtown next year? where can I go to throw up, can this clown get anymore absurd? Say Tony, where are you going to get the money to move your expresso machine to the downtown lemonade stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad