Pre-Game Talk: Phoenix Coyotes @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Blues are a very tough team. Never a break when we are playing Western Conference teams. Yet another team we have to be smart against, and limit our penalties. They are 4th in the league on the Power Play. If we can stay out of the box, we have a chance. Who am I kidding, that's against any team!

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Blues are a very tough team. Never a break when we are playing Western Conference teams. Yet another team we have to be smart against, and limit our penalties. They are 4th in the league on the Power Play. If we can stay out of the box, we have a chance. Who am I kidding, that's against any team!
I gotta say that even if we don't stay out of the box, we have a chance. Pretty sure there are several examples of that so far this season, this past weekend's game vs the Caps being one obvious instance.

I haven't noticed much at all about the Blues this season aside from their record, so I've got no comment.

BarkingMad

Once and Future King
Oct 31, 2013
Camelot
Let's win this one 1-0. 50 saves from Smith.

Sound like a plan?

Yes.. a plan to induce borderline heart attacks maybe! That will make for horrendous listening in the early morning here, won't complain though if it stays that score however! Could very well be a game of the goalies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I gotta say that even if we don't stay out of the box, we have a chance. Pretty sure there are several examples of that so far this season, this past weekend's game vs the Caps being one obvious instance.

I haven't noticed much at all about the Blues this season aside from their record, so I've got no comment.

Oh I have no complaints about the way we came back against the Capitals, Shane Doan put the team on his shoulders I felt like with his hitting and want to get the puck back.

I just don't want that to be the norm. I'd prefer us to just win the game outright instead of a heart attack inducing comeback. I was on the edge of my seat in that 3rd period. A couple people next to me left the game early, but no way was I leaving. I'd just prefer to get the lead, and keep the lead!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
As much as I don't like the Anaheim Galaxy, the Blues have had some moments vs the Coyotes that really stung me even more than losing to the Galaxy in the WCF. This team is a real ***** to play against year after year. I can only hope that our offense will be the difference maker vs them this season.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Don't understand why you guys are so scared. If anything, they should be scared of us, because we somehow keep finding ways to win games.

IMO this is their game to lose.

Mossy

Oct 26, 2010
Calgary / Scottsdale
If the coyotes go into the game with the same attitude as half these posts we lose. If they go in there thinking they're the best team we win the game.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Oh I have no complaints about the way we came back against the Capitals, Shane Doan put the team on his shoulders I felt like with his hitting and want to get the puck back.

I just don't want that to be the norm. I'd prefer us to just win the game outright instead of a heart attack inducing comeback. I was on the edge of my seat in that 3rd period. A couple people next to me left the game early, but no way was I leaving. I'd just prefer to get the lead, and keep the lead!
Agreed :nod:

Don't understand why you guys are so scared. If anything, they should be scared of us, because we somehow keep finding ways to win games.

IMO this is their game to lose.
I dare say that phrase roughly translates to "the Blues will win unless they decide not to." Is that what you meant? :whaaa?:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Agreed :nod:

I dare say that phrase roughly translates to "the Blues will win unless they decide not to." Is that what you meant? :whaaa?:

I don't know what I mean. Aren't they below us in the standings? Can't believe our whole forum is ******** their pants over this game. Have some pride guys.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Neo-Tippett style = take seven minor penalties in the first two periods, be down by five goals at the start of the third, and win in a shootout anyway.

At least we are coming back to win instead of choking away late leads. I love it that even when the team has a turd of a period they aren't out of it. Not even sure the team 2 years ago had that resilience.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Neo-Tippett style = take seven minor penalties in the first two periods, be down by five goals at the start of the third, and win in a shootout anyway.

Coyotes. Hockey.

Yup.... Coyotes Hockey.... get all the odds against you and then pull a win out of it.

Sometimes I think they're playing this way on purpose on purpose since they no longer have the ownership thing hanging over their heads and it made them feel out of sync.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
I don't know what I mean. Aren't they below us in the standings? Can't believe our whole forum is ******** their pants over this game. Have some pride guys.

You guys have played three more games than us and have 1 more point...we are 11-2-2, but yes you are ahead.

Should be a good game though...FWIW, I gotta feeling about you guys to win tomorrow. Hopefully I'm wrong.:nod:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Coyotes. Hockey.
I went into a Circle K on Sunday with a Yotes hat on; 30ish guy behind the counter asks me if I've been watching any games (well, yes), and follows that up with talking about how they keep getting behind, but then they always win...

Although it's not the preferred method of getting the two points, when the Circle K dude in Chandler starts talking Coyote hockey, maybe we have a little buzz going, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad