Proposal: Phl - Van

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Philly doesn't get enough value back.

Van can't take on that salary.

This proposal is so dead. IF Philly for some reason really really wanted Virtanen, the player the Canucks should ask for is maybe Sanheim, which is probably too much.

they are not great trading partners

Reactions: RebuildinVan

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Marleau was a 37 point guy and cost a 1st to dump having 1 year on his 6.25 mill deal.

LE has 2 years and 6 million cap hit and paced for 22 points this year...and hasn't broken 30 points in 4 years.

He would cost the 1st...and maybe Virtanen just for someone to take him, let alone getting back someone who is top 10 in RW scoring the last 2 years.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly doesn't get enough value back.

Van can't take on that salary.

This proposal is so dead. IF Philly for some reason really really wanted Virtanen, the player the Canucks should ask for is maybe Sanheim, which is probably too much.

they are not great trading partners
Probably?

Let's clear things up so others can see the Flyers team:

Giroux Couts Konecny
Lindblom Hayes Voracek
JVR Frost Farabee
Raffl Laughton NAK

And the Flyers still have Patrick as an unknown.

They don't "need" any forward....let alone to downgrade from a top 10 RWer to a 3rd liner just to add a later 1st AND a 2 year cap dump. Makes no sense whatsoever.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
They aren't. Virtanen is a RFA making 1.5 M (1.25 M against the cap). Probably won't get much of a pay raise. Eriksson is making 6 M for 2 more seasons. Voracek is making 8.25 M for 4 seasons.

Pretty bad deal for both teams. Value wise for the Flyers. Cap wise for the Canucks.

Really wouldn't mind trading Voracek as a Flyers fan, just we would need a lot more value back (especially if the other team was trading a cap dump back).

You woukd be interested in trading Voracek because hes not very good and on a bad contract. So we need adjust value expectations and dump the waste.

Virtanen and a 1st plus a bomafide 4th line STUD for 2 years with easy option to buyout after 1 year

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Voracek would be your top 3 forward in scoring statistically... talk about clueless.

Put Zac Rinaldo on a line with Peterrsson and Hughes and he'll net 50 points. If Voracek hit 75 with those linemates I wouldn't think more of Voracek

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
No. Voracek is a turnover machine and is softer than Breyers on gameday.

Hes overpaid by about $3m/year and is a decent 2W and a good 3W and a poor 1W. Its just reality
This is why you have to love Hfboards.
1) Put out offer which is one sided.
2) respond by saying the guy you want is not that good.

Question why the bleep do you want him then?

Now Ericksson is over paid by 6 milion because he wouldn't play one game on the Flyers. I would rather play Sandin on 4rw all day and let develop than Loui Loui YOU GOTTA GO. Loui's only value is a team trying to make cap and actual cash is less aka Ottawa. That ain't the Flyers.

Voracek is soft? Actual Flyers don't have a fighter and Voracek will stand up for teammates. Watch a Flyer game all ready.

Voracek point last 3 years
66-67 pace after first 20 games in which AV mismanaged and took off first line. 46 points last 49 games pretty darn good last I checked.
Points are still there.

Overpaid by 750k? Maybe. 3m? Um no.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Put Zac Rinaldo on a line with Peterrsson and Hughes and he'll net 50 points. If Voracek hit 75 with those linemates I wouldn't think more of Voracek
Voracek did not play with Giroux. You do not know shit.
What does Voracek have to do with Zac Rinaldo...? What a moronic comparison... In last 3 season Voracek statistically would make Van top 3 forward easily.

another thing.. learn how to spell players name... especially when they play for your team..
Pettersson not Petersson or Eriksson not Erikksson

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyer lurker

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Voracek, despite all of his flaws, is a highly consistent 60+ point winger than can brute force the puck into the offensive zone. He's a little overpaid at this point but you're not going to get more immediate value, which is what the Flyers would want at this point, in return from a straight up trade.

Last edited:

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

You think that Zac Rinaldo could tally more points than he has in his entire career [42] in one season.

Your opinion is hilarious.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You woukd be interested in trading Voracek because hes not very good and on a bad contract. So we need adjust value expectations and dump the waste.

Virtanen and a 1st plus a bomafide 4th line STUD for 2 years with easy option to buyout after 1 year
LOUI 4th line stud????

Reactions: Juicy Pop

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No. Voracek is a turnover machine and is softer than Breyers on gameday.

Hes overpaid by about $3m/year and is a decent 2W and a good 3W and a poor 1W. Its just reality
All you are doing is showing how little you are able to evaluate players.

since when is being around 10th in RW scoring....a decent 2W and a poor 1W?

REALITY is, we have 2 RWers who were top 11 in RW scoring this year...and Jake was one of them. What an awful situation to be in...better trade Jake for a guy who "broke out" and still didn't outproduce JVR.

Seriously, such an awful trade for Philly. If you can't see it, that's on you.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You think that Zac Rinaldo could tally more points than he has in his entire career [42] in one season.

Your opinion is hilarious.
Tbh top guys do bolster the numbers of the guys out there with them. That’s part of what makes them top players.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Voracek is a decent to good mid 6 winger with an albatross contract. Get him OUT.

Dude, you're high.

I know Flyers fans hate on Jake, but we're mostly morons. In the real world: Jake is a stud and you're not getting him for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->