Poland: PHL info required

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi team,

The coming season I will be travelling more often to Poland for business as well as leisure.
I’m planning to attend some Gdansk games, as for some odd reason that’s the team I’m supporting in the PHL. My in laws live in the Katowice area, so that would be the second team to cheer for. Flying in via Krakow, I’m also curious to see them play live.

As I didn’t see all the games this season, what would be the must go and see games you'd recommend in this league?

Secondly, I noticed that most teams are based in the south on a fairly close distance to each other with the exception of my team. How does this work in terms of travelling and the playing schedule?

Thnx

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sometimes ultras of clubs with strong football factions like GKS Katowice and Cracovia may attend hockey games against traditional enemies but otherwise expectations regarding attendance should be low. In Katowice you can try the game against Tychy who are such enemies, and in Tychy there will be Champions Hockey League games which can create some interest. In Sanok they play Slovak third league. Gdańsk will probably get to play Toruń in the north next season, so their existence will be a bit less lonely.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
As my inlaws live in Sosnowicz, I was thinking of flying in on Friday catch a game and try to make it a full hockey weekend. So 3 games. I'm not sure if this would be possible. But a CHL game would be nice as well.

On the other hand, attending a Gdansk game would be really nice as well.
Hopefully I find a weekend where thet have two hoemgames during a weekend.
Will keep you posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->