Recalled/Assigned: Phillip Holm recalled.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Again, another no brainer to give Holm a shot after scoring more goals in Utica than our entire current NHL D-core. Why didn't they give him a chance before trading Pedan + 4th to get Pouliout?

Reactions: The Extrapolater

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Again, another no brainer to give Holm a shot after scoring more goals in Utica than our entire current NHL D-core. Why didn't they give him a chance before trading Pedan + 4th to get Pouliout?

Because they're allergic to extra picks.

Reactions: geebaan

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It's amazing the lengths this management seems to go before ended up at the blatantly clear solution to problems (losing dorsett/signing Archibald to min contract, no offence from D/call up waiver-free D-man and sit one of the many very bad dmen)

Reactions: HSD19

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

maybe timw33 can direct me to all his posts about holm during training camp and when he was being sent down pointing out this option. all i can find is this post where someone must have hacked your account.

Thank god Holm is only on a 1 year deal. Send him to Utica camp please (know we can't really do anything until the China crew comes back)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
maybe timw33 can direct me to all his posts about holm during training camp and when he was being sent down pointing out this option. all i can find is this post where someone must have hacked your account.

Yeah, that was during preseason when he didn't look very good and I wanted him to go to Utica to get acclimatized. So then he went down to Utica, and started putting up good numbers and being a really solid option on the PP....and then our D were struggling to produce offensively and he just kept sitting down there, even though he had more than earned a shot when we have trash like Gudbranson/MDZ in the lineup.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Nice to see Holm called up. They need to see what he can do at this level before the TDL. Prediction: he ends ups 4th on the depth chart ahead of Del Zotto, Hutton, Pouliot, Gudbranson and Biega.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Did they paper Boucher down since there was some talk he'd become waiver eligible tomorrow? Biech originally said that, but Dhaliwal corrected him to say the NHL only considered Boucher up for 25 days this season rather than 29. Still, with a limited number of games of Boucher available, wonder if this call-up is for that reason (with Biega playing forward).

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
because 8th overall pick!
I doubt will win enough games to get 8th overall this year. Worse i think we could finish is 4th last which if we fall ALL the way in the draft lottery means will pick 7th. Probably Buffalo and Arizona 30 and 31 and we will be battling Ottawa for 29th but i think will get it meaning will pick 5th or 1st imo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Man o man just no way we can ever trade the Tan Man for full value. Hes ALWAYS injured :(

For himself he needs to get away from this team

Anyways GREAT for Holm sounds like hes earned it hopefully does better then Larsen who everyone is gonna compare him to

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I doubt will win enough games to get 8th overall this year. Worse i think we could finish is 4th last which if we fall ALL the way in the draft lottery means will pick 7th. Probably Buffalo and Arizona 30 and 31 and we will be battling Ottawa for 29th but i think will get it meaning will pick 5th or 1st imo
... Pouliot is an 8th overall pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->