Player Discussion Phillip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Can we just stop about Danault being a real top center.

Dude plays 19min a game , of course his offensive stats will look higher , probably plays with the 2 best winger in the team also.
Hes also the most used forward for the last 2 seasons.

Atleast 5 of his goals were scored with his body or a rebound into an empty net.
He has 8 secondary assist.

I mean jesus at one point let's stop pretending. If he were to play 14min a game with Lekhonen and Armia , he would probably have 10 points.

Im pretty sure Suzuki would have alteast 10 more points if he had the same ice time.

Same **** about Pageau and Duclair in Ottawa , Not because you are forced to play in this position mean ur are fit for this roll.

This is the exact reason why this team suck so much , when Danault is '' your best center '' this is why you have problems.

Same **** with Andrew Shaw last season
Danault ;
the only player of the NHL getting secondary assists .The only players getting garbage goals .

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Another point tonight ...he shares the 20th rank for points by centre with Seguin, Monahan, Hertl. And just one point away of Strome, Bergeron, Horvat and Barzal . All those players are very good 3rd liners of course :sarcasm:
You did not with all seriousness just compare him to Bergeron?!! :facepalm:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
yeah but ... he's the only one that plays with good linemates . No other teams put good players with their 1st or 2nd center :badidea:

Also other top centres have to carry their own bags, but Phil has coaches who spare him that energy-draining effort

Finally, Danault plays less minutes than other top centres which is a tremendous help to his stats. He gets to rest during most power plays and thus he can rack up the points at 5-on-5 since the other team's best players are so tired.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Also other top centres have to carry their own bags, but Phil has the coach.es spare him that energy-draining effort

Finally, Danault plays less minutes than other top centres which is a tremendous help to his stats. He gets to rest during most power plays and thus he can rack up the points at 5-on-5 since the other team's best players are so tired.

LOL !

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Oh so he's comparing his numbers to theirs but it's not a comparison!
Comparing numbers is not comparing the players. Bergeron is twice the player that Danault is, no one questions that. But production wise, they're pretty close right now (although Bergeron missed a lot of time this year).

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Oh so he's comparing his numbers to theirs but it's not a comparison!

i don't call that a comparison at all, but an enumeration of the players who shared the same kind of numbers . It isn't a personal evaluation of their style-value-skills , but an official statistic that i have reported . As someone mentioned , Bergeron missed 8 games because he was and still is injured

Relax Edgy

That said , if you want to compare both Danault and Bergeron , you can read this article that do it ; Could the Canadiens have their own Patrice Bergeron in Phillip Danault?

The biggest difference between the 2, is that Danault has started to play younger and is a better scorer . But their numbers after xxx games are not that far .
edited ; put Danault instead of Bergevin in the last sentence

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Also other top centres have to carry their own bags, but Phil has coaches who spare him that energy-draining effort

good points you bring here . Thanks to share !

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
i don't remember the last time fans of the forums used to love a french player ; Patrick Roy ?
On imagine tous que tu as versé une larme en écrivant ce merveilleux hommage à la victimisation.

Ça doit pas être facile la vie de Philippe Danault, juste de penser que des fans du CH sur un forum en ligne aimeraient avoir une vedette offensive dans "leur" club" ça doit être épouvantable! Je sais pas comment il fait pour endurer!

J'ai un petit trémolo dans la voix juste en essayant d'imaginer l'héroisme dont il fait preuve au quotidien!

Philippe, my hero!

Reactions: Edgy

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He was though.
Lol sure
my guess is Eller tries really hard to care while shining his cup ring.

it's just a guess though.
Ya the Caps would have never won without HOF Lars Eller, he totally carried them. Cant wait for your next post where you say Dwight King is better than Connor McDavid because he has a cup ring.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
C'mon, you can come come up with a better argument than that.
Are you really surprised? It's all he does. I guess that means Andrew Shaw is twice the player Lars Eller is because he has twice as many rings. It's the stupidest argument you could make.

Reactions: JAPPO

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Lol sure

Ya the Caps would have never won without HOF Lars Eller, he totally carried them. Cant wait for your next post where you say Dwight King is better than Connor McDavid because he has a cup ring.
thing is, i did not say Eller is better.

reading 101.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Remember when people here said that Eller was a much better player than Danault? Good times.
Eller received such love when he scored the 7th goal of the first game Wash-Boston last year. He did his hand clap in front of the whole Boston bench to have a good laught at them, such a non-class act, like if all the Capitals success was his own. Brad Marchand who is one feet smaller invited him for a danse and Eller was ko not so long after. The whole Boston team was happy and I guess half the Caps bench were happy too.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
yup, the guy who was #1C on Team Canada, the guy who was a 70+ player before hitting 25 (years old), Selke winner...

yup, Danault is soooo f***ing good we can compare him to this guy no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad