Player Discussion Phillip Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me,and yet throngs of people will still be dumping on him.
For sure. And with good reason. There will be countless games where Danault does not dazzle with dangles, and even more shifts when his wingers don't score.

Even Phil's now-famous waltz through the entire Jets team has been tainted with the news that Byfuglien is considering retirement and was probably in decline on that shift.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No doubt.PD takes the opposing center out of the game for the most part leaving the wings to take over,not what you want for the play-making center.

He sure didnt take out Barkov yesterday. In fact, some would say Barkov made him his bitch.

I wonder if anyone can fish the numbers on his matchups last year. Willing to bet he lost most of his matchups against the other team 1Cs.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Fully expect the Danault line to "En manger une tabarnac!"
You and your fixation :D Organize the parade when he'll be out of town. Let a camera filming yourself to expose us how you react when you're seeing him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is there a better bang for buck center in the NHL? Danault is very underrated and he just keeps getting better. I think he is just starting his prime years too. Age 26 and going to turn 27 in Feb.

Perfect 2C/3C type center if you ask me.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Is there a better bang for buck center in the NHL? Danault is very underrated and he just keeps getting better. I think he is just starting his prime years too. Age 26 and going to turn 27 in Feb.

Perfect 2C/3C type center if you ask me.

Great game the other night. Does look like he's getting better and better. Is he a #2C on a contender? Hard to say. I'm still leaning towards NO but man is he doing a helluva impersonation of one. As much as he's improved I still say to this day he didn't merely mooch off Patches and Rads that one year. He'd make simple but effective plays. His board work is/was great.

Helluva player. The evaluation of him will forever be tinged by our loathsome GM absolutely thieving him from Bowman along with a 2nd rounder for two players who aren't even in the league anymore. God this board is way too politicized. I just really don't know if he's made a trade as bad as people seem to charge him with. And the good ones have been pretty damn good.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Just poking the bear(imagine Bruins) here, imagine Drouin lining up with Danault at center and Lafreniere setting them up all night long, or vice versa Drouin setting them up all night or whenever necessary. Drinks are going down smoothly tonight, dreams of Habs dynasties are tugging at my sleeves as I type.LOL Could be Caufield (RW) with Drouin(LW) & Lafreniere(?) changing positions on the fly as it was in the 70's. Lafleur(?) + Shutt(LW) + Lemaire(LW/C). Settled down a bit thinking That Domi(C) between Drouin(LW) + Caufield(RW) could be just the right ingredients to captivate our fans as they now seem to be with the Leafs team. It's not always the team with the scorers that win, Habs always played the 200 ft. game which is why they won, sure scoring helped but without playing the 200 ft, game the other team would have scored just as many if not more. Oh and Lafleur played with Gainey quite often and this thoroughly confused the opponents, but all Habs players learned to play both ways, that was known by Habs fans. Scotty was a hard task master and Lafleur loved winning, as did all of Us Habs/fans. Hard work and teamwork won those 24 titles not scoring by one line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Danault and Tatar have been the worst forwards by far after the first few games this season.

He needs to get his shit together.

Reactions: Andrei79

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The Danault line spent the majority of last pre-season together, however spent a lot of this pre-season separated. Considering how good they were together last year I am sure they will bounce back soon enough and regain their chemistry.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Danault line spent the majority of last pre-season together, however spent a lot of this pre-season separated. Considering how good they were together last year I am sure they will bounce back soon enough and regain their chemistry.
They werent actually this good, especially towards the end of the year. They feasted on poor competition, like the rest of the team, early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad