Player Discussion Phillip Danault - You Guys Are Getting Paid? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Weise thinks Danault would have signed that rumored extension every day of the week if it was actually offered. Weise also says that Danault doesn't strike him as the type of guy to hit a homerun on free agency.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Weise thinks Danault would have signed that rumored extension every day of the week if it was actually offered. Weise also says that Danault doesn't strike him as the type of guy to hit a homerun on free agency.

It was about the role as he said in his post season presser more than the money.

He knows hell get the money in UFA anyway

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Where yall at people who say Danault usnt carried by Gally? Where he been these past weeks?

Worst center offensively and defensively lmao.

Trade this clown

Reactions: Habs178

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Where yall at people who say Danault usnt carried by Gally? Where he been these past weeks?

Worst center offensively and defensively lmao.

Trade this clown
Too late to trade unfortunately, but let him walk at the end of the year. No need for him.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
There will be interest no doubt. The question is will a team offer more than $5M AAV? 3-5 year range. He turned down a 5 year at $5M AAV this past off season (rumored reports)
I think I'll believe Danault's agent instead of our fine media types on this one. He said they offered the Pageau contract as a comparable and did not receive an offer.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I think I'll believe Danault's agent instead of our fine media types on this one. He said they offered the Pageau contract as a comparable and did not receive an offer.

If they negotiate a contract after the season I think Danault’s agent will present Pageau’s contract as a comparable (which was signed before the NHL shutdown last season) and the Habs will present the deal that Lowry just signed. If he does sign I think it will be somewhere in the middle.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's been absolutely useless in the 2 games vs Calgary. He's spending a lot of his shifts in our own zone too, while being just absolute crap in the offensive zone the odd time he does get there.

Big game player? So far, no. Needs to step up again.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's been absolutely useless in the 2 games vs Calgary. He's spending a lot of his shifts in our own zone too, while being just absolute crap in the offensive zone the odd time he does get there.

Big game player? So far, no. Needs to step up again.
Phil has had a tough season overall, he has a few good moments, but we all know he is aperfect 3rd line C and he has the luxury of quite often getting top 6 wingers.
I still think he wants out, and seems to be playing like it.....he does not want to be stacked in line under the two kids.
I would like a Bill Billicheck kind of coach, to talk with him, and say, Do Your Job!!
We need this guy to get it going and keep it going...........this is not a team to have anyone play inconsistent. We need everyone going, and when we do, we win......Pretty simple.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Stop coming here with reason! It’s not welcomed :sarcasm:
A Flames fan would welcome Danault. He deserve having his opinion and share it on our board with respect.
I say if Danault isn't part of the Habs next year, the Habs will drown seriously. Unless Bergevin (or the new gm) signs a solid C who can win FO. Good centers available are rare. This year is a proof Suzuki and Kotka are not top centers of the league. They lose FO and they have a long way to learn, about 2 or 3 years. Having a weak center line is bad.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It was about the role as he said in his post season presser more than the money.

He knows hell get the money in UFA anyway
He can find a place somewhere to have his money and being useful. Then Gallagher will get upset and the leadership will be in trouble. I expect an internal war if Gally is upset. Bad times are coming, some wasted years again.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A Flames fan would welcome Danault. He deserve having his opinion and share it on our board with respect.
I say if Danault isn't part of the Habs next year, the Habs will drown seriously. Unless Bergevin (or the new gm) signs a solid C who can win FO. Good centers available are rare. This year is a proof Suzuki and Kotka are not top centers of the league. They lose FO and they have a long way to learn, about 2 or 3 years. Having a weak center line is bad.
The Habs have been drowning for 5 years with Danault in the top 6, your argument is bad.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Phil has had a tough season overall, he has a few good moments, but we all know he is aperfect 3rd line C and he has the luxury of quite often getting top 6 wingers.
I still think he wants out, and seems to be playing like it.....he does not want to be stacked in line under the two kids.
I would like a Bill Billicheck kind of coach, to talk with him, and say, Do Your Job!!
We need this guy to get it going and keep it going...........this is not a team to have anyone play inconsistent. We need everyone going, and when we do, we win......Pretty simple.
" I would like a Bill Billicheck kind of coach, to talk with him, and say, Do Your Job!! "
Yes, and this could apply to the captain who is paid 8,6 $M. Do you think Billicheck can talk to Weber like this? And Petry, Staal, Chiarot and Price? Oooh, now it's a different story, don't you think?

Reactions: BLONG7

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
It would be great to sign him if we let go of Lekhonen, Armia & Biron. He is definitely a step a bove all those guys.
He's such a good player and if we can reach a deal that works for both parties, he should come back.

Lowry just signed a 5 x 3.25 and he's the same age as Danault. Danny is better imo, what type of term/money should be get?

Reactions: WinterLion

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The Habs have been drowning for 5 years with Danault in the top 6, your argument is bad.
And the argument you serve often is Habs should have a better center like McDavid. Like if if was easy, like ordering a cheese burger at McDonalds. Fact is, centers are not available and rare, very rare. If you can't draft a good one, you suck, you sign a 36 yrs center and you play a 20 yr center so you suck 5 years.

You always have list like this of possible centers who could do better than Danault. Reality is something else bro.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
And the argument you serve often is Habs should have a better center like McDavid. Like if if was easy, like ordering a cheese burger at McDonalds. Fact is, centers are not available and rare, very rare. If you can't draft a good one, you suck, you sign a 36 yrs center and you play a 20 yr center so you suck 5 years.

You always have list like this of possible centers who could do better than Danault. Reality is something else bro.
Theres literally nobody on the team since danault has been here that i can say has played better at C than him.....

Just this once

Feb 22, 2019
Bergevin is doing the same thing he did last expansion with Markov and Radulov with Danault and Tatar. Saving a couple protection spots and hoping to resign them.

There is not way he would offer a contract of even talk to their agents for that same reason, otherwise he would get fined. So those rumors of Danault refusing a contract are almost surely false.

Good chances he will get what he wants after the expansion draft though. If not with the Habs, with someone else. But I don't think Bergevin will try to lowball him like he did with the other 2. D's the type of player he wants.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Just shows how bad we are.
We have two centers without experience that loses FO and their lines plays hard 30 seconds to get possession of the puck. So they play exausted the last 15 second of their shift trying to score a goal and retreive to the bench. I'm not crazy about Su and JK. They are okay, middle of the pack, nothing to make the team dominant in the future.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

It was sarcasm, hence the emoji :)

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
" I would like a Bill Billicheck kind of coach, to talk with him, and say, Do Your Job!! "
Yes, and this could apply to the captain who is paid 8,6 $M. Do you think Billicheck can talk to Weber like this? And Petry, Staal, Chiarot and Price? Oooh, now it's a different story, don't you think?
No one is untouchable.......we have no one earning their keep right now....Well maybe Toffoli and Anderson but that's it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->