Phillip Danault vs. Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Which player would you rather have on your team?

• Phillip Danault

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This has probably been done before but I find it as a very interesting comparison. Danault and Pageau are very similar in many ways, as they are roughly the same age, generally seen as third line centres, reliable PKers and both are also French Canadian. Their usage in their respective teams is a little different as Pageau is used in a defensive 3C role while Danault gets top six minutes with better linemates and some time on the PP as well. Pageau is also having a reputation as a clutch playoff performer. Then again, Danault is also currently scoring on a better pace than Pageau. So the question is: which of these two players would you rather have on your team?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
This has probably been done before but I find it as a very interesting comparison. Danault and Pageau are very similar in many ways, as they are roughly the same age, generally seen as third line centres, reliable PKers and both are also French Canadian. Their usage in their respective teams is a little different as Pageau is used in a defensive 3C role while Danault gets top six minutes with better linemates and some time on the PP as well. Pageau is also having a reputation as a clutch playoff performer. Then again, Danault is also currently scoring on a better pace than Pageau. So the question is: which of these two players would you rather have on your team?

Danault for me. He's was a better point producer last season and is proving to be a better one this season in which i will say is surprising me.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It seems to be a close one. I just checked that there was indeed a poll not too long ago for these two players and it ended up being a very lopsided victory for Pageau. It's funny how quickly things can change.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
I remember last year ppl choosing JGP because he was more proven and Danault was a product of Radu and Patch. Well you can't say that anymore. I went with Danault but it's close.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I remember last year ppl choosing JGP because he was more proven and Danault was a product of Radu and Patch. Well you can't say that anymore. I went with Danault but it's close.

Well Danault is still playing with Patch but the thing is he's now the best scorer in that line (and in the whole team, like what) so he's definitely not just a product of Patch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad