Player Discussion Phillip Danault II: 2nd C? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Imo, both of Danault and Eller generate offense in the tegulre season. I'll remind you that Danault was an effective third line centre prior to being promoted.

That said, Danault sucked in the 2017 playoffs, whereas Eller has always been a warrior in the playoffs. The latter just takes command of the ice .
Danault is a 20 point 3rd/4th line center who so far, sucks in the playoffs. We also know that when he’s paired with elite players he can’t keep up, Radulov hated playing with him. Give Eller elite players and he helps win you a cup. Tatar and Gallagher are killing it despite him right now.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Better than DesHarnais? No chance in hell hes better than prime DD. He’s much much worse offensively, but better defensively, a true 3rd/4th line center.

Prime DD no. But prime DD lasted maybe 2 seasons and a half at most. Not even sure i would call that a prime it's close to be an outlier and a small sample size.

Danault is a more complete player and will have a longer career.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Prime DD no. But prime DD lasted maybe 2 seasons and a half at most. Not even sure i would call that a prime it's close to be an outlier and a small sample size.

Danault is a more complete player and will have a longer career.
Please, Danault sucks offensively, that’s not being complete.

I would trade Danault for a rookie DesHarnais right now.

Young DD would kill this new NHL

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
PD is a 3rd line centre...we should have him there, asap....maybe once the kid Koko gets it going, but until then Phil gets the nod, not really deserving it, but...this is Montreal.

Reactions: Habs Icing

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
He deserves it? Hardly...he is there by deafult...his current linemates are on fire, and yet he struggles to keep up. He is a 3rd line C

In the best of world, yes, but you make it sounds like he's getting a preferential treatment just because he's Québécois.
He's not. He's working hard and he is clearly the 2nd best centerman on this team and you could make a solid case that he's the best 5 on 5.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
In the best of world, yes, but you make it sounds like he's getting a preferential treatment just because he's Québécois.
He's not. He's working hard and he is clearly the 2nd best centerman on this team and you could make a solid case that he's the best 5 on 5.

Yeah this board does that alot

Reactions: CoupeStanley

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Danault is a 20 point 3rd/4th line center who so far, sucks in the playoffs. We also know that when he’s paired with elite players he can’t keep up, Radulov hated playing with him. Give Eller elite players and he helps win you a cup. Tatar and Gallagher are killing it despite him right now.
I don’t know any 3rd line centers in the NHL who get only 20 points but ok.

Your hate on Danault is really unjustified, he must have done something to you personally.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Saying Danault sucks in the playoffs is one of the most ridiculous things I read here. Hes played 6 games... How the f*** can you make it a fact that he sucks in the playoffs based on that?

Reactions: Andrei79

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He was very bad those 6 games though. That definitely was one strike.
Didnt he have 2 points in 6 games? On the worst offensive team in the playoffs too. Lars eller had 2 points in 7 games in his first playoff run, and many here say that he is a playoff beast. Its f***ing absurd to say that he sucks in the playoffs after 6 games.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Didnt he have 2 points in 6 games? On the worst offensive team in the playoffs too. Lars eller had 2 points in 7 games in his first playoff run, and many here say that he is a playoff beast. Its ****ing absurd to say that he sucks in the playoffs after 6 games.

He had two points centering a winger who had 7. He looked lost half the time.

Reactions: BLONG7

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
All the Danault hate just confirms how little the average poster knows about hockey. He is a solid player and would be a quality 3rd line center if we had legitimate centers inthe top six ahead of him.He is doing a fine job considering what is being asked of him.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What?? Hardly, I could care less if he is from Japan..........................he's a 3rd line C!! He gets the treatment he gets, because our GM is a clown...and has no clue on how to build a hockey team. He is a 2C by default...end of story.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He had two points centering a winger who had 7. He looked lost half the time.
As of now, 6 games in, and he has 3 pts and his wingers have 7 and 8 pts each........it's the same type of issue.

Good player, perfect for a 3rd line. Not sure what all the fuss is about, it is what it is...

Reactions: Habs Icing

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Suzuki is a RW, not a natural center.

In a couple of years....

Kotka
??????..... maybe Domi
Danault
??????

Would be nice if we could trade Poehling+2019 1st+ something, for a 1st line center coming into his prime..

1st line C
Kotkaniemi
Domi
Danault

Now THAT would look very strong at center.

Not sure if I'd overcommit like that and make the error NSH did with the trade Johansen for Seth Jones, which, a couple years later, was probably not the answer for them at 1C.

I hadn't thought about Poehling though, and I believe Kotkaniemi will be our 1C in the future, he's creating so many quality chances already, he hasn't scored yet but we see promising things, and he's a complete player, so right now isn't the time to trade anyone, let the kids developp and when Poehling graduates we'll have a stacked center line, and even if it's not the generationnal Crosby / McDavid type of 1C that we have, we can still win with Patrice Bergerons and Anze Kopitars (actually I can see Kotkaniemi developping as a mix of both players).

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Not sure if I'd overcommit like that and make the error NSH did with the trade Johansen for Seth Jones, which, a couple years later, was probably not the answer for them at 1C.

I hadn't thought about Poehling though, and I believe Kotkaniemi will be our 1C in the future, he's creating so many quality chances already, he hasn't scored yet but we see promising things, and he's a complete player, so right now isn't the time to trade anyone, let the kids developp and when Poehling graduates we'll have a stacked center line, and even if it's not the generationnal Crosby / McDavid type of 1C that we have, we can still win with Patrice Bergerons and Anze Kopitars (actually I can see Kotkaniemi developping as a mix of both players).
I’m not sold on Poehling’s offense, I think he’s gonna end up being a 3C

Reactions: bsl

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
In the futur you say next year ? Me it would be

Drouin - Domi - Gally
Lehkonen - Kotka - Suzuki
Tatar - Danault - Armia
Byron - Poehling - Shaw
Lol Danault above Poehling! Please! Poehling will be more exceptional player than Danault, kids very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad