Player Discussion Phillip Danault II: 2nd C? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
27 points and only one was on the PP, this kid has been awesome.

Meanwhile Weise has 5 points this year and Flash is retired, what a trade by MB.

Honestly, MB has been excellent since arriving here. He has a vision and we're seeing it all come together now.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Honestly, MB has been excellent since arriving here. He has a vision and we're seeing it all come together now.

At the very least he's done well imo. I never believed he was as utter incompetent as 95% of people said he was.

If Danault can solidify himself as a top 6 C then MB will look even that much better. Look at DSP's stats in NJ. How many people were freaking out over that trade at first? Besides last year, we've been in that top 3rd of the league just about year in year out.

I do think he has a vision and it looks like it's slowly coming together. He's made some very savvy acquisitions. I'm comfortable with him at the helm as of now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Are you telling me you expected Danault to be the center of our first line before the start of this season? :laugh:

It's how it happens almost all the time, guys get injured , young players rise to the occasion and impose themselves .
Where did I say I thought Danault would be the #1 centre?? Go back, and re-read it son...:D

Injuries happen, and players step up, when you have a coach that is not able to recognize how to use talent properly!! Luckily for us, Chucky last year, and Danault this year got their chance!!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
At the very least he's done well imo. I never believed he was as utter incompetent as 95% of people said he was.

If Danault can solidify himself as a top 6 C then MB will look even that much better. Look at DSP's stats in NJ. How many people were freaking out over that trade at first? Besides last year, we've been in that top 3rd of the league just about year in year out.

I do think he has a vision and it looks like it's slowly coming together. He's made some very savvy acquisitions. I'm comfortable with him at the helm as of now.

Making trades- Bergevin is solid...signing and resigning players...solid.

Firing ineptness- holding coaches accountable...horrible

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

To be fair, MT has certainly done better this year. He probably didn't deserve another shot but he's far from the worst coach right now and I doubt anyone out there would be better.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Where did I say I thought Danault would be the #1 centre?? Go back, and re-read it son...:D

Injuries happen, and players step up, when you have a coach that is not able to recognize how to use talent properly!! Luckily for us, Chucky last year, and Danault this year got their chance!!

You are clearly implying that Therrien has no clue about his players.

So I'm going to ask you again , did you saw this coming in Danault's case? I doubt it , so what's your point?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Danault has been excellent this season. I'll give Bergy full credit in acquiring him. Very solid pro scouting.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You are clearly implying that Therrien has no clue about his players.

So I'm going to ask you again , did you saw this coming in Danault's case? I doubt it , so what's your point?
The point is, they don't get the chance if there are NO injuries...yet most of us already know, that last year Chucky is and was a better player than DD, yet no chance until he gets hurt!! This year, everyone knows DD shouldn't be in the lineup, but until his injury he is used more than Danault........when Danault is the better player.....

MT lucked out because of injuries...yes, he doesn't know his players, he only knows one player, mon petite davide...

Everyone knows that DD had no place on this team coming out of camp...no one could have known how well Danault would have played, but one thing for certain, is yes, I knew he was a better player than DD...............Therrien, didn't...until the injuries...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The point is, they don't get the chance if there are NO injuries...yet most of us already know, that last year Chucky is and was a better player than DD, yet no chance until he gets hurt!! This year, everyone knows DD shouldn't be in the lineup, but until his injury he is used more than Danault........when Danault is the better player.....

MT lucked out because of injuries...yes, he doesn't know his players, he only knows one player, mon petite davide...

Everyone knows that DD had no place on this team coming out of camp...no one could have known how well Danault would have played, but one thing for certain, is yes, I knew he was a better player than DD...............Therrien, didn't...until the injuries...

Come on man, I think even Danault is shocked about his own play! No one expected this kind of play out of him.

Plekanec
Chucky
DD

This is how last season started , and this season was

Chucky
Plekanec
DD

But yeah , DD is the reason for everything that goes wrong with this team ...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

When I evaluate GM's performances...

"Firing ineptness" doesn't rank very high, if at all on my list.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Soon, Danault will be the new DD on these boards. Just Watch it.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016

I don't think because at least chuck will take his spot on the pp and more importantly danault is wayyyyyy better defensively and does not fall 15 times a game lol

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

I don't see any reason why he'd be the "new DD". People hate DD because he's soft as hell, passes 95% of the time and he's awful defensively.. yet has been given every opportunity to play.

Danault works his ass off every shift, is very good defensively and goes to all the dirty areas unlike DD.

Unlike DD, Danault has earned the opportunity to play extra minutes.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I strongly disagree... Danault will either be a serviceable 2nd line center or a great 3rd line center. The biggest knock on DD is his size, his unwillingness to shoot and his softness, plus the fact that he's not a great skater. Danault doesn't have any of those...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I totally agree. He made a few low risk with potential of high returns that didn't work out and some think he's terrible because of it but if you look at what he as done, the team has gotten slightly better each year. He's surrounded by some good hockey people too which helps.

As far as Danault at 2nd line center. Well he has played awesome this year and will be an important part of the core for the Habs moving forward but if the Habs want to truly compete for a cup... Danault should play LW or 3rd line center. If were talking about "cup contenders" the Habs need muscle at 2nd line center.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
One thing I'm noticing more and more from him is his above average ability to enter the O zone in control of puck. This makes a huge difference when you have a possession beast like Radulov. Very impressed with his play.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
There was already some parallels between Danault and Bergeron. Bergeron was 21 years old when Julien became a head coach. A lot of his plays evolved under him. Let's see if Danault can also benefits from having a coach like him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Agreed! Called it in the DD thread

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are both wrong.
There is absolutely no disrespect for Danault.
He has EARNED every opportunity given him.
CJ will eventually turn him into a smaller version of Bergeron.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
This idea that Danault's the new DD and people hate him seems like wishful thinking more than anything based in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Danault is a boss and he's not a midget. Apologies to any midget who read this.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Danault is 6'1" so people will automatically not compare him to DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad