OT: Phillies: We Might Just Get A Little Stupid Spending: Offseason Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That Grienke no trade list is hilarious. If you're a contender, he doesn't want to play for you. Is his anxiety that bad?

Yeah, I believe he nixed a trade to the Yankees before. I think teams like New York, Boston, Chicago, & Philadelphia have pretty much been absolute no go’s for him his whole career.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Yeah, I believe he nixed a trade to the Yankees before. I think teams like New York, Boston, Chicago, & Philadelphia have pretty much been absolute no go’s for him his whole career.

So half the league

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Understanding his anxiety issues, wouldn’t smart money put big market teams (teams likely to be buyers) on the list so the player could negotiate enhanced terms (IE guaranteeing a team option year or similar) during a potential trade?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If next year's infield is Machado/Segura/Kingery/Hoskins. That should be a a serious upgrade.

Might take them out of the Harper sweepstakes. Maybe go for Brantley or Pollock?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
How good is Segura? Does this signal Harper > Machado on the Phils' wishlist?

Please tell me how I should feel about this to make me look like I have any semblance of current Phillies/MLB knowledge.
:laugh:

He’s good. He’s not great. He’s locked up affordably, but also hitting the age where his peak is going to end.

He was a ~5 Win player one year, but that isn’t a realistic expectation. Think more like 3 Wins, which depending on how you feel about certain defensive metrics, would still likely make him the second most valuable Phillie last year after Nola.

It shouldn’t take them out of Machado.

Hope Crawford does well in Seattle. He hasn’t been handled well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Spells%20for%20solving%20money%20problems%20in%20Canada.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad