OT: Phillies: We Might Just Get A Little Stupid Spending: Offseason Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Goldschmidt would be huge but..again another guy putting Rhys from his natural spot..plus i thought he was younger than 31

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Goldschmidt would be huge but..again another guy putting Rhys from his natural spot..plus i thought he was younger than 31
I'd take Hoskins playing bad LF if they add Goldschmidt as long Machado and Harper are coming too. Trade Santama for literally anything at that point.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Hoskins is pretty damn close to Goldschmidt at 1B. ~6 years younger, too.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That would be terrible. He is negative player in LF. Worst fielder in the league.
I'd deal with that for the upgrade in the lineup. I know that people like to have a stat for everything but I don't think fielding is as quantifiable as people try to make it out to be. Hoskins sucks in LF. No question. But is it a net negative to have Hoskins in LF playing poor defense but swinging a good bat and have Goldschmidt at first swinging a potential MVP caliber bat as opposed to Hoskins at first playing good defense and Williams/Quinn/Whomever in LF playing good defense and a mediocre bat? I think I would roll the dice with Goldschmidt and Hoskins having a bigger positive impact than Hoskins and whomever plays LF in his stead.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Corbin is in Philadelphia

1514046691_dumb-and-dumber-money.gif

John Middleton.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Goldschmidt would make sense if the Phillies were going to pull off a blockbuster for Mike Trout and send Hoskins as part of the deal. I can't see the Angels trading Trout unless they get another proven high-quality MLBer. They can't move him just for prospects.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Goldschmidt would make sense if the Phillies were going to pull off a blockbuster for Mike Trout and send Hoskins as part of the deal. I can't see the Angels trading Trout unless they get another proven high-quality MLBer. They can't move him just for prospects.
It all makes sense. More dingers = more wins.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

I think the price would be 2 proven star MLB players and one or two high upside young players. So Nola, Hoskins, Crawford and Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad