OT: Phillies: I'm Starting To Think Our Bank Accounts Are Frozen: Offseason Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Boras had talked about contracts that had inflation if the player decided to stay instead of opting out. If He's trying to work with that in, this contract could be one of a kind.

Reactions: JXC

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I love the Philly area, but I'm not sure I'd turn down 300 million to play in paradise.

Reactions: JXC

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Both guys were always going to take the highest offer.

Philly wouldn't match San Diegos offer and Manny took the money.

If the Phillies arent willing to pay Bryce and another team will...he will sign with them.

The Phillies were always rumored to get these guys because they were in the best position to spend big. If they don't spend big...they will walk away with neither. If that happens, fans should be royally pissed off.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Isn't San Diego a beautiful area?

Paradise was probably the wrong word though.

ISmehpdnz1m8lk1000000000.jpg

IS6y5x5vegzn0m1000000000.jpg

For a cool $15 million Machado could get a pad like this in Coronado overlooking the skyline of San Diego with a drive of less than 15 minutes to Petco Park. If it were me, I would’ve taken that deal and run. If he doesn’t care about winning anytime soon he probably made the right move.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
San diego has the best weather in the world just about year round

Obviously, “best weather” is very subjective , but There was a study done a few years back where common weather factors( rainfall, humidity, days of sunshine, days between x and y temps, etc) actually concluded that the LA area had better weather than San Diego. I think the deciding factor was that San Diego technically sees like an eighth of an inch more rain than LA on average or something minor like that, but hooray LA.

That being said, San Diego is about as close to a fully civilized paradise as you can find, and I spent as much time as I could there when I still lived on the left coast.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Hell yea. As a city yes. As a sports town hell no. And state taxes and such are terrible.

Rovell (I think) tweeted that all signing bonuses will be at Florida tax. His games will be hit with the CA tax like you said, but if Lanzano is slick, I'm sure he'll do what he can to get his boy the least amount of tax hit as possible.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Rovell (I think) tweeted that all signing bonuses will be at Florida tax. His games will be hit with the CA tax like you said, but if Lanzano is slick, I'm sure he'll do what he can to get his boy the least amount of tax hit as possible.

Yup, same thing applies in hockey. Bonuses are taxed at home address, salary is taxed at working address.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Manny's been my favorite non-Phil since he was drafted so Im pissed. We came so close...or not. Guess it was NY or bust though and why settle for cold *** Philly when you could collect 300 Mil in Cali.

Realmuto alone is better than what I thought they would get this offseason so my view is optimistic no matter what happens with Harper.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Manny's been my favorite non-Phil since he was drafted so Im pissed. We came so close...or not. Guess it was NY or bust though and why settle for cold *** Philly when you could collect 300 Mil in Cali.

Realmuto alone is better than what I thought they would get this offseason so my view is optimistic no matter what happens with Harper.
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...eria-mounts-phillies-manny-machado-mania-ends

They gave us a chance to match and we said no.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Harper is the better offensive player.

Machado is the better defensive player.

Harper will make this offense better and more formidable if he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad