Philips Hue Lights

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Best Buy has a good deal right now where if you buy the starter kit ($200) you get a free Amazon Echo (the big $100 one)

I just ordered some and going to pick them up on my break

Anyone have any experience with these?

This pack comes with four color bulbs and the bridge. I want to get a sweet set up going in my living room to spice up the atmosphere watching sports, movies, and playing video games

Imagine how cool it would be watching an NHL game and when your team scores all the lights turn red. I don't know if thats possible but that would be sick some day

Anyone have tips on how to do that/which additional pieces to pick up next?

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Best Buy has a good deal right now where if you buy the starter kit ($200) you get a free Amazon Echo (the big $100 one)

I just ordered some and going to pick them up on my break

Anyone have any experience with these?

This pack comes with four color bulbs and the bridge. I want to get a sweet set up going in my living room to spice up the atmosphere watching sports, movies, and playing video games

Imagine how cool it would be watching an NHL game and when your team scores all the lights turn red. I don't know if thats possible but that would be sick some day

Anyone have tips on how to do that/which additional pieces to pick up next?

I can't imagine anything would be able to get the timing right for something such as a touchdown or a goal being scored. IFTTT.com might have some cool things for you to check out though.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I can't imagine anything would be able to get the timing right for something such as a touchdown or a goal being scored. IFTTT.com might have some cool things for you to check out though.

I second this

IFTTT has cool applets that should allow to set up goal alerts through Hue

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If you get goal lights down, hook a fan up.

I love my hue lights. Great for setting that mood with certain people when over. I've got a phone app which pulses to the music too. Soldered a bunch of stripes together for ambient TV lighting. My neighbors have color wars with me, we set patio colors and match each other.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
IFTT had a option for lighting them up every time the Patriots scored, and I tried that a couple weeks ago and my God was it delayed

I'm talking like twenty minutes delayed if not more. It totally sucked

Not sure why, the ESPN data that it uses must suck, not entirely sure why

Also just as feedback after having these for a few weeks now: pretty cool. I like changing the colors to match a game/movie or something. Its nice to have them on with a relaxing color while playing games instead of just sitting in complete darkness

I also really like the timer to help me wake up

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
IFTT had a option for lighting them up every time the Patriots scored, and I tried that a couple weeks ago and my God was it delayed

I'm talking like twenty minutes delayed if not more. It totally sucked

Not sure why, the ESPN data that it uses must suck, not entirely sure why

Also just as feedback after having these for a few weeks now: pretty cool. I like changing the colors to match a game/movie or something. Its nice to have them on with a relaxing color while playing games instead of just sitting in complete darkness

I also really like the timer to help me wake up

Did you try any of the other ones? You should be able to make your own too, or least you used to be able to do that with IFTTT. I figured it'd be delayed because there's always a delay on the push notifications to people's phones, but 20 minutes is crazy.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I have a lot of Hue lights and they say you can have the lights change to a color by sounds but i have yet to figure that part out. The delay seems to me would be hard to account for.
How to sync your Philips Hue lights to the movies you're watching

did you use the Hue Labs section of the app? I've had a little success with it

there are like some preset features in there that make the lights do cool stuff. I haven't used it for sound related stuff but I set up a couple other things that change the color

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->