Prospect Info: Philip Tomasino, C, 24th Overall, Niagara IceDogs

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
At least hes getting a little spending money. Hopefully hes staying with one of the guys who have a house and isnt having to pay for an apartment

Capfriendly has him having gotten a $92,000 signing bonus each of the past two seasons. Obviously not lavish living like other guys but that’s more than enough to live comfortably.

Reactions: preds1 and PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At least hes getting a little spending money. Hopefully hes staying with one of the guys who have a house and isnt having to pay for an apartment
A lot of the guys on their first ELCs it shouldn't be so bad, if they've budgeted ok, since they tend to have signing bonuses. So Tomasino get $92,500 already on July 1, and he got $92,500 after getting drafted too. So even if his AHL salary is only $70,000, he's probably not going to have it as bad as some of the guys who are on their 2nd contracts... like Anthony Richard, say, who has been on $65,000 AHL salaries without signing bonuses, and on top of that in the AHL they are pro-rating those salaries down by 40% or more, so he could be looking at a lot less. (Apparently on the Taxi Squad, the larger AHL pro-rating % doesn't apply, so there is that small extra value to being on the Taxi Squad vs. AHL - still the AHL salary rate, but not with the AHL pro-rating hit).

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That is definitely exciting and I'd love to see him, but at this point I'd prefer him not join our current disaster. Let him get as many games as he can down there and then bring him up for his 7 NHL games and then back to the OHL if they end up getting started again. Let's a year slide on his ELC too which would be nice.
Kid is way too good for the chl. That would not benefit him at all

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Kid is way too good for the chl. That would not benefit him at all

I view more games as better than less games even if he is going to dominate. A lot depends on what the OHL does though. If they start back early April like the current plan seems to be then he won’t be able to play in the AHL anymore so bring him up for his seven game try out then send him back so he can keep playing and maybe win a title. I don’t really see the point in burning a year of his ELC right now.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
If on the taxi squad, he will also receive the benefit of NHL daily per diem

I think that would be negated by the escrow the NHL players pay into. I don't believe that applies when you're in the AHL.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Preds are a quagmire right now. Nothing is going right. Everybody has questions; nobody has answers. I’ve changed my mind; keep this kid the heck out of Nashville right now. He’s 19 and this fiasco could really mess him up mentally.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Preds are a quagmire right now. Nothing is going right. Everybody has questions; nobody has answers. I’ve changed my mind; keep this kid the heck out of Nashville right now. He’s 19 and this fiasco could really mess him up mentally.
I mean, I don't think a truly good player really is going to be messed up by just about anything. But nevertheless, I don't think there's any super-urgency to play him in Nashville just yet. After we hopefully liquidate some bodies before the trade deadline, there'll be time to bring him up for a few cameo games while preserving his ELC year.

Reactions: PredsV82

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I mean, I don't think a truly good player really is going to be messed up by just about anything. But nevertheless, I don't think there's any super-urgency to play him in Nashville just yet. After we hopefully liquidate some bodies before the trade deadline, there'll be time to bring him up for a few cameo games while preserving his ELC year.
I agree. If we brought him up now I guess he, Trenin and Pitlick could sit together in the press box and play Monopoly.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad