Prospect Info: Philip Tomasino, C, 24th Overall, Niagara IceDogs

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
When I read that he was ranked at the top of this draft when it comes to skating I was happy with the pick. The NHL is so much about speed now and this kid has decent size to go with it. Hope he pans out!

Reactions: GoldOnGold

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
When I read that he was ranked at the top of this draft when it comes to skating I was happy with the pick. The NHL is so much about speed now and this kid has decent size to go with it. Hope he pans out!

Absolutely agree. The fact that speed is his top asset makes me excited about him.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Excellent news.

For those unaware, he'll be representing OHL in the CHL-Russia series next month. Expect to see him in the World Juniors in December as well.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Tomasino traded from Niagara to Oshawa
On the surface it's a little unusual in that Oshawa isn't really seen as a contender this year, and they already traded away a top prospect in Noel earlier in the deadline maneuverings. But past that, there is a widespread expectation that they will bid to host the Memorial Cup next season, so that would be a good experience for Tomasino if that panned out. A host team will normally go nuts loading up for a Cup run, so that could help Tomasino have a monster season next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->