NFL: Philip Rivers retires

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Thought this was a great tweet from one of the classiest guys in the league and arguably my favorite player who isn't on the team I cheer for (or owned in a keeper league jks).

Could have the makings of a great coach/analyst but with 9 young kids, it'll be a decade at least IMO.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Honestly he's a Hall of Famer if Mcree doesn't fumble the ball in the 2006 postseason.

They had Manning's #. I think they then would've obliterated Chicago in the SB.

But all in all, he makes my Hall of very good. He was sometimes a top 5 QB. But not once could you say he was the best in any season.

I do think he will make the hall eventually though. The Baseball hall of fame is the toughest to get in. The rest is underwhelming.

Rivers fumbled the ball in that one as well, one that the Patriots turned into their 3 points. Why is the onus on McRee and not him? He completed 14 out of 32 passes for 250 yards, fumbled, threw a pick without a TD, had a prime LT who racked nearly 200 yards per scrimmage, his running backs had 147 yards on 26 carries with 3 TDs, a defense that had 3 takeaways, etc, and still blew the game in which he wasn't asked to do more than manage it and keep them in it.

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I could definitely see Indy considering it depending how long Wentz is out.

He knows the playbook, didn't look toast last season and he's probably far better than what you could wrangle at the position in a pinch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

LOL, he’s been trolling for one of these I’ll play five games and the playoffs paychecks for months now

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
saints would be smart to bring in rivers

siemian doesn't belong in the NFL and hill is not a QB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad