Speculation: Philip Danault part II

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I can't see danault getting moved. He's not as good as mtl fans make him out to be, however he's much better than any uninformed habs basher makes him out to be. It wouldn't at all be a bad idea to keep him as a good 2 way 2c and possibly move suzuki or kk to the wing for a year to allow for a bit more offensive freedom.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I can't see danault getting moved. He's not as good as mtl fans make him out to be, however he's much better than any uninformed habs basher makes him out to be. It wouldn't at all be a bad idea to keep him as a good 2 way 2c and possibly move suzuki or kk to the wing for a year to allow for a bit more offensive freedom.
Just keep playing Suzuki and KK at center no matter what. Otherwise it'll mess them up like it did with Domi and the guy that Domi was traded for

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I doubt Danault gets moved. He is valuable piece to Montreal. If he goes, be at deadline. Montreal be out of playoff picture. Probably for a first in '21 Draft.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Take this as you may... A close friend of mine who is well-acquainted with someone who has ties within the organization just confirmed to me that Bergevin is going all-in to acquire us a "big scoring winger" in the coming days. Danault+ is the likely sacrifice. Bergevin does not want to wait, as free agency nears.

:eyeroll:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Take this as you may... A close friend of mine who is well-acquainted with someone who has ties within the organization just confirmed to me that Bergevin is going all-in to acquire us a "big scoring winger" in the coming days. Danault+ is the likely sacrifice. Bergevin does not want to wait, as free agency nears.
I heard that 7,000 times before. It's not Bergevin motto

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I doubt Danault gets moved. He is valuable piece to Montreal. If he goes, be at deadline. Montreal be out of playoff picture. Probably for a first in '21 Draft.

I doubt very strongly that happens. Big loss of value. I don't think you can do that with a player that important to your team. That being said, if what he wants is only cashing in on a big contract, with whatever team as a UFA, MB won't have much choices but to do what you said. i don't think Danault is that kind of player.

That being said, if he doesn't fit with Habs needs or cap structure anymore, you need to find a team that needs him, that can pay what he wants and a team he is interested to play with so he can sign an extension this summer. And i maybe see only 2 teams that would fit the bill : NYR and SJ.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Bergin went out again yesterday to say , again, that #1 is Suzuki and #2 is KK and that Domi was still important and loved in the lockerroom.

IMO Domi can be traded but Danault is for sure dealt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad