Philadelphia sports numbers game

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
The ever-immortal Eric Wellwood

GettyImages-142558503-scaled.jpg

Last Flyer to wear 47, I think. Can't think of someone else.

Amac. How could you forget??

phlflyer1

Oct 16, 2007
South Jersey
Why not this, then?

Yeah, I'd take Farabee over both of them but I went with the Arietta pic since I had already posted an Eagle, Flyer and Sixer earlier in the thread. Being an unfortunate old timer "four outta four" Philly sports fan, I wanted to cover all of the teams.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I'd take Farabee over both of them but I went with the Arietta pic since I had already posted an Eagle, Flyer and Sixer earlier in the thread. Being an unfortunate old timer "four outta four" Philly sports fan, I wanted to cover all of the teams.

Jose Mesa or Tommy Greene, then.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Jose Mesa or Tommy Greene, then.

When I was a kid, my Dad got pulled over for speeding in North Carolina, driving back from Myrtle Beach. The Phils were my squard back then, so naturally, I only dressed in Phillies garb, and had my Phanatic stuffed animal with me in the back seat. The trooper walked by and glanced down at me, and then asked my Dad to step out of the car. A minute or two later, my Dad got back in the car with no ticket in hand. He said the trooper told him he would have given him a ticket, but since his nephew was Tommy Greene, he'd just let him off with a warning.

You're welcome, Dad.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Random-ass player, right? Well, this guy, of all players, happens to be the only game-worn hockey jersey I own. 55's my favorite number (may have something to do with the whole "Cinco de Mayo birthday" thing), and I wanted a Flyers #55 jersey, back in college when there were only maybe 3-4 options all-time (and Gratton, the best player to wear the number, wasn't easy to find.)

So, for all he was terrible on the ice, I always think of Brendl when lists like this come up.

(Only have one other game-worn jersey in any sport: Brook Fordyce's White Sox 1999 Turn Ahead The Clock jersey. I was absolutely shocked to find a reasonably priced gamer from that series, given how limited they were.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->