Proposal: Philadelphia & San Jose

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not even close. I’m sorry, we’re downgrading on D and in goal for a measly 2nd round pick? Never mind that Gudas is a suspension waiting to happen.

Reactions: Gecklund

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This deal favors PHI. I don’t think those are the pieces SJ wants for Braun. I can see PHI being hesitant since Gudas and Sanheim have looked really good together.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
The way Jones and Dell have looked so far this season I cant see the sharks moving Dell. As for Braun, the sharks would want a forward in return for him not a downgraded dman. With the Karlsson trade they are going for it this year so draft picks do nothing unless it's a 3way with the picks passing right along to the 3rd team.

Reactions: minisharkpanther

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I don't watch Braun enough to know his value, but Gudas looks really good so far this year paired with Sanheim. I'd be in no hurry to trade him.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Yeh, let's get rid of the other pieces. What would you want for Braun? We can provide someone who should be a back-up in Lyon/Neuvirth/anyonebutHart

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This isn’t just bad. It’s awful for San Jose. If you’re getting Braun, Simmonds is coming to SJ.

I can see why you'd ask for that, but I'd much rather just sell Simmonds off for futures at the deadline at this point. This team isn't going anywhere until we get a coach who understands NHL hockry anyway.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I can see why you'd ask for that, but I'd much rather just sell Simmonds off for futures at the deadline at this point. This team isn't going anywhere until we get a coach who understands NHL hockry anyway.
Oh yeah I totally get why you wouldn’t move Simmonds for Braun but that’s what I’d ask.

Reactions: Starat327

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Because Gudas is good
Gudas is an alright player, but be that as it may, the Sharks would be looking to do three things in a Braun trade: acquire futures, acquire a center, clear cap space. This trade does one of those things, and the asset they are getting isn't very good. The Sharks could just wait until the deadline or the draft and get just as good a return for Braun, while not taking back cap space. Taking back Gudas negates the purpose of doing the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad