OT: Philadelphia Phillies: We Still Have A Guy Named MacPhail In The Front Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm curious as to why it's not able to be a protested game. The rules state that if the play to be protested is the final play of the game the team has until NOON the following day to protest.

It also states that protests can not be for 'judgement' calls, but for incorrectly applied rules by the Umpires.

The Umpire was about to call him out on a strike then ruled that he was hit by a pitch. If it's a strike and it hits the batter the batter is NOT awarded a base. They are given a strike if hit by a pitch in the strike zone.

The umpire said after the game that he had made a mistake in awarding first to Conforto and even said that while they did review it the only thing reviewed was whether Conforto was actually hit by the pitch.

Umpire thought it was a strike, incorrectly gave the batter first base on a hit by pitch of a ball in the strike zone. Seems like an open/shut incorrect ruling which should be protestable.

Because the MLB, and all sports for that matter, dont give a shit about fair.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Office really missed an opportunity to have Steve Carrell play Michael Scott as an umpire...

Being all excited about the crowd loving him calling strikes, but then him storming off like a baby when they get mad he makes unfavorable calls

Also: Leslie Neilsen is a national treasure we should never forget.
He is a national treasure.... in Canada. :naughty:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Been doing full or mostly full keeper leagues for hockey for about 7 years now and it definitely can even be on that end. Know the feeling.

I've been in one for about 12 years now. I think this is my last year. I don't keep up with baseball enough to do this any more

I'm in a hockey league as well, a lot easier for me because I already know all the players, watch a bunch, and we do H2H and points based. Would really enjoy doing a dynasty/keeper league for hockey.

I pretty much have followed 0 baseball besides the Phillies for years and the league I'm in is roto. I am so lost.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ben Davis: "Imagine hitting 715 singles....715 doubles....715 triples. But 715 home runs, that's something else!"

I don't know, Ben. Hitting 715 triples might be a little crazier than 715 home runs. Considering the career triples leader has 309 and everyone on top was born in the 19th century.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Ben Davis: "Imagine hitting 715 singles....715 doubles....715 triples. But 715 home runs, that's something else!"

I don't know, Ben. Hitting 715 triples might be a little crazier than 715 home runs. Considering the career triples leader has 309 and everyone on top was born in the 19th century.

Is it possible for a hitter to refuse a home run?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Best thing about the MLB app is you can switch out the audio and get the WIP guys on the call.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Does anyone have mlb.tv free version and can tell me what the free game of the day is?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
OIF.alxewZgDC6gZLTDzdQytOQ

Really two games for this after being beaned and then scoring on a passed ball?
This is late, but Saint Yadi in the middle of things once again and gets off scot free...once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad