OT: Philadelphia Phillies Regular Season: "I Hit Dingers -Alfred Delia." -Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Bohm continues to rake, which is nice
This place doesn't have shit on Phuture Phillies. Those dopes were already chalking up Bohm as a bust because of reports from when he was tinkering with his swing in Spring Training. The kid has raked everywhere.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This place doesn't have **** on Phuture Phillies. Those dopes were already chalking up Bohm as a bust because of reports from when he was tinkering with his swing in Spring Training. The kid has raked everywhere.
What do you expect. Same dopes who want to trade Simmons, Embiid, and are calling for Harper's head because he strikes out a lot.

I don't have the numbers on me, but Bohm's numbers at Wichita St were hilarious, and I think he slashed 360/440/590 or something in A ball this year as a true rook before being promoted. Only like 25 Ks I think the entire season and about 15 walks? Beauty

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
What do you expect. Same dopes who want to trade Simmons, Embiid, and are calling for Harper's head because he strikes out a lot.

I don't have the numbers on me, but Bohm's numbers at Wichita St were hilarious, and I think he slashed 360/440/590 or something in A ball this year as a true rook before being promoted. Only like 25 Ks I think the entire season and about 15 walks? Beauty
Don't forget they're also the same ones that talk about Wentz like he's a war criminal.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This place doesn't have **** on Phuture Phillies. Those dopes were already chalking up Bohm as a bust because of reports from when he was tinkering with his swing in Spring Training. The kid has raked everywhere.
Are they planning on changing his position or leaving him at third?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's either 3B, LF or traded. DH too, but he should be in the Big Leagues before that potentially gets implemented. 3B is the most glaring need at the ML level (The best 8 hitter in baseball is approaching DFA status). He'll stay there until it's obvious he won't be able to stick there and we might be a couple years away from that. Shifts will take a little pressure off of his glove. Also if he hits to his potential, that also takes pressure off of the glove. He has played some 1B this year but that is normal. Lakewood had a bunch of third baseman that needed reps.

His numbers weren't even that crazy at Wichita St. but playing in Kansas early March-April can't be too fun. But he had a sub 10% K-rate up until the last game of the year in a pretty solid conference with an iso near .300. More importantly he killed the summer circuit two years in a row with wood bats. First in the Coastal Plain League and then on the Cape with solid peripherals. He's had solid peripherals at every level. That's usually a pretty good indicator.

He's a hitter first. He has big raw power, but he doesn't sacrifice for it. His swinging K-rate is absurdly low for a guy of his build. Maybe over time he gives a little back to sell out for more power, but right now I don't see a reason for change. These ML balls, that they are now using at AAA, are absurd. He's going to hit plenty of tanks at the next level. Only thing that might hold him back is his approach. He's left CF to RF foul line. A lot of low line drives- the anti-Hoskins. But it sounds like they are trying to get him to hit the ball more out in front which will help the power numbers. Now he's 22 in A ball so expectations should be held in check (0-4 tonight!) but I'm pretty optimistic about the bat.

Btw the top of that Clearwater lineup is pretty potent. Simon Muzziotti looks like a player. Sweet lefty swing. Athletic. Vierling has done nothing but hit since he got drafted (so much for the people calling him a reach). Stokes was a senior sign and likely an org guy, but has hit well. Nick Maton is a LH hitting shortstop out of JUCO. He also looks like a player. Could at least be a ML utility guy. Jhailyn Ortiz has mostly been disappointing the last 1.5 but he still has big power and showed it this week.

It still hate that people lump Haseley in with Moniak and Randolph. Still think he's going to be a good ML player in some role. Another slow start this year, but had a near 1:1 K:BB ratio and good power numbers. Problem was a sub-.250 BABIP. He went 3-4 today with two bombs off of lefties. I get some Utley vibes from him. College 1st round pick. Afterthought as top 100 prospect. Unconventional swings. Utley had the makeup to make the necessary adjustments at the highest level and played his best baseball in the Majors (wasn't a regular until age 26). Obviously I don't expect Haseley to become a borderline HOFer, but I think he has similar makeup. I don't know why he doesn't get any prospect love. I know slow starters never endear themselves to fans and scouts, but the one thing that was supposed to hold him back was his lack of power, and I don't see that as a long term issue. He has plenty of pop in his bat. Strong wrists on that kid.

That whole Reading lineup has struggled this year. Not to make excuses but they have played in some brutal weather this year. I think we'll start to see Reading hit like Reading when the weather warms up like this week.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The Phils org hasnt graduated an above average bat to the majors in like 4 years, so they are long overdue. Hopefully Bohm is that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad