OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's more than solid. Eflin has been a top 25-30 starter by pretty much every metric since last year.

For as much as people dump on Gabe for his handling of Eflin, Eflin had no future unless he started missing more bats and that didn't happen until Gabe was the manager.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
after struggling with his stuff last outing vs the Mets, Nola is dealing today. To bad this team is struggling with the offense to start the year.

Reactions: JXC

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Think Hamels had a lot more innings at this point in his tenure, but Nola seems to have had comparable success.

Can’t think of another team in recent history that’s developed two pitchers of such caliber with sustained high level performance over a long span. Too bad development has been abysmal in general.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Depends. He's only 27. He could win a CYA or do what Hamels did to help win a WS.

He’s in his 7th season with the Phillies—most of them forgotten years. I think he’s gotten a bit more attention recently as the team’s approached mediocrity.

Contrast with Hamels, who pitched for a competitive team for the better part of his 9.5 season stint with the Phillies, or at least half of it.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
He’s in his 7th season with the Phillies—most of them forgotten years. I think he’s gotten a bit more attention recently as the team’s approached mediocrity.

Contrast with Hamels, who pitched for a competitive team for the better part of his 9.5 season stint with the Phillies, or at least half of it.

Agreed, but that's along the lines of what I was getting at. If the team wins a WS and Nola wins a couple of those games he could become a bigger star in Philly pretty quickly. I mean, look at Nick Foles.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Degrom is still gaining velocity as he ages so I think a Cy Young is out of the equation. :laugh:

Hard to see a path for this team being a WS contender during his prime but who knows.

Agree that the Cy Young is a long shot. As is winning the WS, but the 2007 Phillies got swept in the 1st round by Colorado and didn't really look like they were a year away from winning it all, but it turned out that they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad