OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Pronunciation Class With Bryce Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I see we're at the point in the Phillies season where Velasquez has a couple good games and its all "Wow, he may finally be putting it together." and then awaits the 8 run in 1.2 IP start

Reactions: marcsson68

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I see we're at the point in the Phillies season where Velasquez has a couple good games and its all "Wow, he may finally be putting it together." and then awaits the 8 run in 1.2 IP start
He doesn't usually blow up like that. It's more of a slow bloodlet with 2 starts of 6 runs in 5 innings then a start with 6 runs in 4.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Just curious what everyone thinks is the best single game pitching performance?

Personally I think it’s Kerry Woods 20 k, 1 hitter

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Just curious what everyone thinks is the best single game pitching performance?

Personally I think it’s Kerry Woods 20 k, 1 hitter
That is a good one. Pedro had a game in 1999 where he allowed only one hit (solo homreun) and 17 strikeouts. Faced 28 batters. Scherzer's no hitter against the Mets. Struck out 17 and only faced 28, it was an error. Kershaw's no hitter, struck out 15 and an error was the only baserunner. Lincecum in the playoffs against Atlanta. Im sure Sandy Koufax had a bunch too.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
That is a good one. Pedro had a game in 1999 where he allowed only one hit (solo homreun) and 17 strikeouts. Faced 28 batters. Scherzer's no hitter against the Mets. Struck out 17 and only faced 28, it was an error. Kershaw's no hitter, struck out 15 and an error was the only baserunner. Lincecum in the playoffs against Atlanta. Im sure Sandy Koufax had a bunch too.
I was thinking about that Scherzer game as well. I view it as a perfect game as an error shouldn’t be used against him. I think the best performances are a balance of few base runners and high strikeouts. Personally I am more impressed by 15+ strikeouts than a perfect game such as Braden’s or Buehrle’s.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
122 pitches is a lot, but still relatively low for 20 Ks. Thought facing a pitcher might be a bit disqualifying. Only 1 AB against the pitcher, though, which still amounts to 19 Ks

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I wonder what type of stat line someone like Nolan Ryan would put up in today’s game. He’d average 15 k’s, 5 walks and 2 HRs given up a game

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Kluber had a game where he only pitched 8 but struckout 18 and allowed one hit. He also had two consecutive games the previous year where he went all nine and only faced 28 batters.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Kluber had a game where he only pitched 8 but struckout 18 and allowed one hit. He also had two consecutive games the previous year where he went all nine and only faced 28 batters.
The 18 k game is as good a pitching performance as you’ll see that won’t go into the record books as a perfect game, no hitter, 20 k game or even a complete game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad